You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Hitchhiker Haunting At Wee Hours

Real Ghost Stories

Hitchhiker Haunting At Wee Hours

 

I work at a MNC company which is situated around 35 kilometres away from my home. So I commute by my bike with another of my colleagues who used to accompany me 5 kilometers away onwards from my home. The road by which I was traveling was being newly constructed for about 5-7 kms. I had my first shift that week and it was around 4:35 in the morning and pitch dark.

Suddenly I saw a figure stand in the middle of the road on which only gravel was dispersed. I was riding fairly slow. As I approached near the figure I saw that it was a man in his late 20s. What was odd about him was that his face was covered with grease and all his clothes looked dirty and shabby. He was wearing a yellow T-shirt and jeans. He was asking me for a lift in Kannada language saying "Anna nilso Anna", meaning brother please stop. I just nodded to him in denial because my colleague had warned me not to drop anyone early in the morning or late at night.

I told this to him while we were returning from work and he said that he saw the same person at a different place late at night when he was returning home after finishing his second shift. I asked about the person's details to which he said that he too had the yellow T-shirt and jeans and his face was covered with grease.

I was scared when he told me that what you saw was not a human being but a ghost who might have met with an accident where I encountered it. I explained this to my parents when I returned home and they were worried about me. Since then my mother applies holy ash on my forehead while going to work and I haven't encountered anything else.

Other hauntings by rahul_shelar16

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rahul_shelar16, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (239 posts)
+1
1 year ago (2023-01-01)
rahul_shelar16,
A very interesting situation. Thank you for sharing.
Lady glow, I laughed when I read your comment about a fever usually follows sightings in India. (Love your sense of humour)
I do hear people sometimes break out in a cold sweat. Maybe that's what our Indian YGS members associate with fever?
rahul_shelar16 (2 stories) (4 posts)
+4
1 year ago (2023-01-01)
I saw the reflection in my bike mirror that the road was empty. Other than that, I did not look back
rahul_shelar16 (2 stories) (4 posts)
+4
1 year ago (2023-01-01)
The place where my friend encountered his incident is around 8 km away.
Rajine (14 stories) (777 posts)
+3
2 years ago (2022-09-14)
Hi rahul_shelar16

Same ghost haunting two different areas 🤔, did you turn to look back to see if he was still standing there?, or did he say anything when you denied him a lift?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+5
2 years ago (2022-09-13)
Welcome to YGS.

Hi Rahul. I have some questions about your encounter.

"what you saw was not a human being but a ghost who might have met with an accident where I encountered it."

I do believe that spirits tend to stay close to places that were important during their life and/or at the moment of their passing. Nevertheless, your friend reported seeing the same person/ghost at a different location.

Do you know how far is the place where your friend saw the man?
Would it be possible that he's a living person finishing their work shift at that time? Perhaps working at some mechanic shop and wearing a uniform? Or a homeless, wandering person?

Anyway, I'm glad neither you nor your friend came down with a high fever after these encounters, as many people from India seem to report after having a paranormal encounter.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: