You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Witching Hour

Real Ghost Stories

Witching Hour

 

In my story where I encountered a Poltergeist, I spoke about a before and after-school club - how I encountered a lot there. This really sticks out in my head because I still can't even begin to understand what happened to this day.

Outside of the before and after-school club is a church and graveyard. There is a local legend a ghost of a witch lives in a shed in that graveyard. Near the shed is a century (at least!) old oak tree. That's where her remains were apparently buried. If you went walking round the tree 13 times chanting some stuff I don't recall and then knock on the door of the shed you summon the witch.

Being young, dumb kids, six of us did this. Afterwards nothing happened so we got bored and went back inside and just told each other ghost stories.

That night, I had a vivid nightmare that the witch came to that after-school club and killed us. I woke up at 3:15 I think. The dream was strange because it was very graphic for an 8-year-old's nightmare.

I went to that before and after-school club the next morning and shared my dream with the group. 4 of them went pale and one started crying. She had told them the exact same dream that I had. Down to every detail - our dream was identical. I never went back to that shed ever and I refuse to go near that tree alone.

I'm not saying the silly little local legend is real and it could've been a very eerie coincidence (the people died in the same order in our dream - that's very strange). I've never shared a dream with anyone before and I have no clue how it happened or if there is something evil in those woods. Has anyone got any thoughts?

Other hauntings by Filmbuff1234

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Filmbuff1234, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Dennis191 (1 stories) (36 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-06-11)
Well... I think it's not strange for kids to have shared dreams, or even do astral projection just as naturally as we breath, because some research and claims (unfortunately in paranormal stuff that's what you're stuck with most of the time) say that it is a lot easier for kids to do that than it is for adults, for reasons still debated, while some others think that this is not the case, I think there's the possibility that I might have done it as a kid before, but that's just a big if. Anyways, interesting story.
Whatever caused this... Well let's just say I wouldn't like to meet it in person.
robmkivseries70 (1 stories) (37 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-05-17)
How nice to back from holiday and find a new group of stories. Thanks Filmbuff
Best,
Rob
Filmbuff1234 (13 stories) (33 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-05-03)
If it was a warning, it definitely worked. I've heard about shared dreams, but that was the only time I experienced one myself. I still have no idea what on earth happened myself and I haven't really told many people outside this website.
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-05-03)
Hey Filmbuff

Maybe it was a warning.

It sure is wierd that you all had the same dream, strikes me as some kind of collective consciousness experience.

The only shared dreaming that I have ever experienced was fully awake, in a shared meditation

He visualised things for me to intuit (and wrote them down so we couldn't cheat...:) ) I got eight out of ten correct but we were very close and definitely fused on the astral plane, because we practiced magick together.

It's pretty scary that a group of green, untrained kids, with all your unquiet little minds, managed to synchronise...

I'm not sure what to make of it.

Yeah, I'd be swerving that oak tree also. Lol.

Great story.

Bright blessings.
freakedoutfreddy (1 stories) (77 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-05-01)
Man, I like that club without any adults telling what you can do.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: