You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Ghost I Named "feet"

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost I Named "feet"

 

After my older brother left around 2006, I transferred rooms to where his room became my room. For the first few months, it was nice having a larger room. Then one night, I awoke to the sensation of someone standing on my bed. I could feel a shifting weight to my lower left, next to my feet. It stepped to the right, just below me. I was looking, but I couldn't see any form, it was just like an invisible person was walking on my bed. I was quite scared, but I didn't know what to do. What do you even do? So I stayed awake and followed the steps with my eyes. I typically lay on my left side, and I tried to not move too much. The thing had a very set pattern to it. It would walk the perimeter of my bed either clockwise or counter-clockwise. It would then stop for a moment with both feet together either in front of my face, behind my back, or behind my knees. After that pause, it would then return to patrolling the perimeter in the opposite direction it had started with. Since it didn't seem to touch me or interact, and I was really tired, I was eventually able to fall asleep only just before dawn.

Given the frequency of these nightly visits, I came to become used to them. After this most common of occurrences, I named them "Feet". I'd awake in the middle of the night to feel them there, say "Hello Feet" and return to sleep. I'd also encounter Feet during the day; I'd be sitting down playing videogames and I'd feel them walking on the chair. The weight would shift as they walked through and around me. However, this was not the only thing Feet did. I once heard someone calling my name when I was home alone. There was a time when I was shaken awake. You know how you put your hand on someone's shoulder? It was that. I could feel a hand on my shoulder, but it was lighter in some way. As I opened my eyes, I missed the first part of what was whispered directly into my ear, but it ended with "You and me". I use gender neutral terminology with Feet, as whenever I heard their voice, I could never tell if it was male or female. Thus began the physical interactions Feet had with me, where I'd feel myself being touched. A hand pressed against my forehead as if checking my temperature, or my legs being tugged. Even my pillow being moved. This was in my waking day too, feeling a hand trail my spine as I stood sometimes. Whilst I had become used to the walking, which was still the most common occurrence, each of these odd encounters would awaken the fear again. Only after I moved out, Feet didn't follow me.

A few years ago, I opened up to my dad about my experiences and he seemed shocked. He said that my brother had experienced similar, but that when he told my dad, he'd written him off as having been dreaming. He called up my brother and we had a speakerphone conversation. My brother had experienced having footsteps on his floor rather than his bed. He had similar audible and physical experiences, but it sounded like Feet liked my brother far less. His limbs being pulled on or his body being scratched was far more common for him versus having footsteps. Whenever Feet spoke to him, it was more unpleasant. He'd been called a pig, stuff like "Why are you still here?" We were all a bit shook up; my brother and I for having had similar experiences and my dad for not having believed my brother.

My stepmother has been uneasy with the room. She covers her ears when we bring it up because she will "freak out if she knows," but she's had her own indirect experience. She's set her rocking chair she smokes in near enough to the room. She's noted that during the night, it frequently sounds like someone is walking around in there. She's made dad wake up and check too, cause they can sound so real or that they "run to the door" on occasion, like she feels Feet is charging at her. I have no idea who or what Feet is, or how or why they're in that room. Nor am I certain why my experience with them was so tame in comparison to my brother; where he'd be scratched and pulled, Feet invited themselves onto my bed and would touch me normally. Yet Feet seemingly still remains there, still walking about in a long emptied room.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Dakota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nastrum, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

gugglemolly19 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
1 year ago (2022-11-12)
I LOVED this story! Thank you so so much for sharing! Did it feel like human sized feet, cat, dog feet? Were they different all the time? Can't believe Feet called your brother a pig? It made me gasp! Very different with how Feet treated you. Did you feel like just kind of letting Feet do its thing kept it calm? Would you ever feel a wavering of energy if you responded different? Again, thank you for sharing!
Goggzy (2 stories) (62 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-09-26)
[at] Nastrum

Definitely sounds like your brother was a little disrespectful. Renovations tend to kick up activity I wonder with the use of voice recorders etc. You might get answers on why he's there most of it sounds attention seeking so feet may need help. The more negative activities like charging people is a sign of aggressive behaviour make sure to keep an eye on things incase it gets more aggressive.

Would be good to just find feets sex alone. Then maybe things like why are you here, do you know your dead, what do you want etc. Some general questions sometimes it's easier to just ask yes/no questions aswell.
Nastrum (1 stories) (4 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-09-25)
Built in 1890, but the library stopped at 1952. Sorry, forgot to add dates
Nastrum (1 stories) (4 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-09-25)
[at] Goggzy
It's possible. There wasn't much history that I could find, but the house is very clearly built upon an old house's foundation. You'll have windows that are just boarded up & act as part of the wall, a shelf hidden behind the stairs, even a hidden room with a cistern. You get that a lot with renovations, they'll just use the old structures because it's cheaper, though doesn't hold up as well given time. This was done in the 1950s, which is where the history ends - Whatever the old house was, I'll not know, and no reported deaths here at least.

My brother easily could've just been unwelcome. He would often blare music and he did not treat the room well, putting holes in the walls and all. I always felt like Feet's main prerogative was getting attention. When the walking no longer phased me, that's when the activity changed and became more direct. Thus I think they make noise in there cause they want someone else to know that they're there.

Activity now seems purely to be the walking at night. Whenever I have visited... Well, I've not spent the night there in years. But I've only had one recent experience where I felt Feet walking on the couch momentarily.
Goggzy (2 stories) (62 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-09-25)
Hi Nastrum.

Feet is clearly intelligent I wonder if feet was a former owner of the house. Do you know the house's history for example has anyone died there (obvious option) but have people died on the land or near by stuff like that's always good to know.

Maybe your brother disrespected feet at some point and he may be scaring your step mother since she doesn't want to know stories. I feel like maybe feet was attracted to you did activity get worse when or after you visit, did activity turn more aggressive after you moved out?

Thanks Goggzy
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-09-23)
Hi Nastrum

Whatever that is, it's not very pleasant, good spirits don't pick and choose who to like, but I wonder who or what that really is.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: