You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: Ghost of Eastern State Penitentary

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost of Eastern State Penitentary

 

Hi, my name is Ana and I went on March 21 to philly with my fiance and his aunt, I had seen the penitentiary first mentioned on America's Creepiest destinations, so I thought "oh cool my fiance is into mobsters and all and I like a good scare". We took the 12:00 pm day tour and proceeded to see all the exciting rooms in the jail and it was awesome hearing all the stories and history.

I was snapping away at all the rooms I could and looked in every nook and cranny, I was curious about this place so I wanted to capture all the good stuff. Well we went to death row cellblock, I kind of wandered off away from the tour, I stayed like 15 ft behind looking at the greenhouse and saying "cool I like this tour".

Behind me was 2 young girls and their dad, when I was looking around I heard something say "hey" or "hello" I wasn't paying mind because I thought it was the dad talking to the girls, but the second time I was peeking into the greenhouse, I heard it again this time in my ear, I was like ok and I looked around, the girls looked around and I was like ok I am not crazy, so I asked the girls and their dad "did you hear that?" They said I heard that too.

I laughed it off and ran so did girls.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostcaller1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-07)
Hi Ghostcaller1,
I am just wondering, like others here, whether anything came out in the photographs that you took or not? Did the Dad hear the voice too, or just the three of you girls?
Thank you.
Kevan (10 stories) (50 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-03)
sure thing flutterofwings, I plan on sending in a good story of things that happen if they do happen, and I plan to post pics and vidoes.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-03)
Good story. I think all prisons have ghost in them. Because of just what kind of places they are, and so many people are their and get killed or put to death.

I would like to see the pictures you took of the place, to see if I can sense anything in them, if you can post them.

Also Kevan when you go there in Novemeber perhaps you can also post any pics you take of the place too.

Closed down hospital or mental institutions are a good source of entity activiity, any place that people were locked in for a peroid of time.
Kevan (10 stories) (50 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-02)
sounds cool. Me and my small ghost hunting group are going to Eastern State this November. They're going to let us investigate the whole place within 4 hours. I'm hoping we capture some good stuff.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-02)
ghostcaller1,
Thanks for sharing your encounter with us. I have heard from many that Eastern State is very active. I would imagine with everything that occured there over the years, there would be a lot of energy. How wonderful, though, to be there on a tour and have an experience!

I am also curious, anything come out on your pictures?

God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-02)
Hi and welcome to this site. In those kinds of places ther is a probability that ther is activity. I bet it was a prisoner who didn't have a lot of company. I bet he was being "frinedly" 😁Did you find anything interesting in your pictures? Thanks for sharring. I hope ti hear from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: