You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: The Ghosts and my Kids

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghosts and my Kids

 

I'm going to start simple here. I don't really have specific dates or anything because this has been off and on for quite a while. Most of the experiences we've had have dealt with my kids. (Recent note: we've had to move back into my parents for financial reasons so that's where we are today and where all of this has happened) We never had anything happen until we had an ADT system installed and he went into the attic to install it.

This all started about 9 years ago or so. I was sitting in the living room with my oldest (at the time my only) son. My step dad had just went back to work that night after recovering from hernia surgery. I was on the phone talking to my brother in law (at the time just a very close friend) when all of a sudden my son starts quietly crying. More sniffling than actual sobbing or crying.

I asked him what was wrong and he looks over at me and says "Pappaws gone and he's not coming home". I told him pappaw was just at work and he'd be home in the morning. (he's a truck driver) He said "No he's gone... He told me so". My first thought is that pappaw told him so. Maybe him and my mom were having problems I didn't know about so I tried getting some info. I said who told you? Pappaw? He said "No HIM" and points to the wall where a picture of a deer was hanging. I asked "who?" and he says "HIM mommy. HIM right there" pointing the whole time towards this picture.

We continued for a while with the "who?/him! Thing with my son getting more and more angry that I couldn't see who he was talking about. I asked him if he meant the deer in the picture and told him that was just a deer like Bambi (he was roughly 2ish at this time) he said "NO MOMMY. He's mean and he looks at me like this" and proceeded to drop his head down and GLARE at me through his eyelashes. Very creepy coming from a 2 year old who's extremely emotional and sweet!

I told him to come over into my lap and sit with me so he did then promptly fell asleep in my lap. Little things after that, like lights turning off by themselves, things somehow getting lost or misplaced noises. Just the little things people don't usually think about much. Fast forward to my youngest son. He lays in his crib being cute and starts laughing and smiling at nothing. Always looking up toward the ceiling. We figure he's a happy baby.

When he's older he comes to us saying someone's tapping him on the shoulder and won't stop. We put our arms around him thinking maybe a muscle spasm. Feeling nothing spasming we ask if it stopped and he says yes with a smile. Now here's the big kicker. Brace yourselves.

The room they were in (my room now to protect them) was terrifying to them. The daytime they were ok. But at night they did NOT want to go in there ESPECIALLY if it was dark in there. I went in one night with my youngest (who's usually the first to try something with no thought of danger) to get his blankie (he was 2 ish at this time) and when I walked in the room he stayed back by the door. I didn't want him afraid of his room and thought maybe he was just pretending so he wouldn't have to go to bed. So I made him go in with me while it was dark to get his blankie. He went in alright but when he got to the bed (where I was already sitting) he was trembling so bad when I pulled him up on my lap that he had my body shaking a little from it. I asked him why he was so afraid (knowing he wasn't pretending now) and he told me "the boy said this is HIS room and not ours and that we're not allowed in it"... Um what?! This coming from a 2 year old. I was more than a little shocked because he was creative but didn't have the imagination to come up with something of this magnitude on his own. And he was genuinely terrified.

So we switched rooms with the boys. I've told him anytime he feels the tapping or anything like that to say out loud "This is my house" or just a simple "Leave me alone". I've heard him playing alone and all of a sudden he'll say "LEAVE ME ALONE" even though he's alone in the room. Now we have a daughter too (1 1/2) and she has issues sleeping through the night sometimes. She'll wake up screaming as if from a bad dream or something, occasionally shaking. I don't know if something's bothering or scaring her, but every time I go into her room in the middle of the night I say quite loudly "LEAVE ME CHILDREN ALONE". I did do some EVP work one day (though I don't have the digital recorder, just tape) and I caught a voice of a young child saying what sounded to me like "You here?" in a curious sweet sounding voice.

I played it for my kids not mentioning what I heard and both of their faces lit up when they heard it. Now yesterday my mother mentions that she was in bed the other night while we were gone and while she was laying there trying to go to sleep she feels her covers being pulled and tugged like a small child was trying to climb up on the bed. She didn't really know what to think so she turned on her side and continued to lay there. Then she said it felt like someone was jumping on the bed beside her.

I have yet to do a full investigation of my house simply because I need more equipment, but want to and will post any finding on here when/if I get a chance to investigate.

By Wicked, Indiana Ghost Hunters

Other hauntings by scruddud

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, scruddud, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

scruddud (2 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-13)
Hello everyone, this is actually Wicked... The mommy from the story. This was one of my experiences as posted on the Indiana Ghost Hunters forum. I'll try to clear up a few things for you all. Let me say first and foremost I am looking into the history of this house, but as I live right smack in the middle of Indianapolis and it being a big city it's more than a little difficult. I'm starting from scratch here without so much as an abstract or a deed. I have a LOT of research to do! But I am looking into it. Second, to Ohiowatha unfortunately I used a tape recorder since I don't yet have a digital and before I could do anything with it the tape snapped away from the reel. It's completely useless now. (I'm still mad about that one!) To all who ask, yes I'm with a group of paranormal investigators aka ghost hunters and to whitebuffalo yes I tell the spirits to leave my children alone. However I don't want them to feel helpless and scared if they should happen to ccome across any spirits while I'm not there. I don't want them to fear what I do. Finally I feel I should tell everyone that yes "pappaw" is fine lol and came home the next morning with no troubles. Perhaps the spirits were teasing or taunting I may never know, but we do have strange moments here and since my light is starting to flicker now as I type I think that's my cue to drop the subject! I hope you all enjoyed my story (one of many) and will post more as I have the time to write them.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-06)
Hi scruddud. I am a little confused like WB. Are you a man or a woman? Your name is Scott but you said your child said to you, "No Mommy". Is that right or a mistake?

It sounds like you have more than one entity in the home. Have you checked the history of the home yet? If not, I would suggest you do a little research and you might come up with the answers to you questions.

SHELBY 😊
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-06)
I think you did the right thing about telling your children what to say to it and what you said to it as well. I would be furious if someone was frightening my children. I think most parents don't believe it to be other than kids having a hard time adjusting to a new situation. Doctors basically say the same. It can lead to nightmares, night terrors, sleep walking and bed wetting when a child is having trouble coping. When my one friend left her spouse her children had night terrors for a few months because of all the upheaval. Don't know if this is the case for your kids but just hope you find out what the problem is and can deal with it, be it supernatural or just natural
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-05)
Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah! This is what I'm talkin' about! Keep 'em coming! I loved this story so much. One of my favorites. Would you be able to upload this EVP of "you here?" Would be a blessing for all on this site.

Thanks so much.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-05)
This was a very interesting account of events. At times you seem to be dealing with an "innocent" child but, at others with a more angry one.

I was wondering, do you think it could be presenting itself as a child to your kids when it is not?

I'd be interested to know what you'll come up with once you do a little research.

I hope you'll keep us posted.

Thanks
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-05)
Children do have the ability to see whatr we can not. Maybe there minds are not full of garbage like ours are 😉.Thank you for sharring your story and I hope that if you do find anything new let us know. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-03)
Ok.
Now I am confused. Are you a Ghost hunter? The signature on this story is as follows "By Wicked, Indiana Ghost Hunters". Yet I do not see this phrase in the Ghost Hunters section of our site. Also, on the story that I read under this name just an hour ago did not have the same catchy phrase.
I am also confused as the profile for this screen name is for a male, and yet the child in the story refers to you as Mommy.

I have a four year old who can not sleep in his room. It is not so much that he is scared of it, just that it is "too loud" at night. We are in the process of cleaning, and clearing his room. But I tell you, this does not sound like the same situation.
When FEAR is present, YOU must take control. You, as the adult in this situation need to tell this extra young child that you will not condone anyone frightening the children in your care. You can either suggest that it inhabit another room in the house, or that it needs to walk towards the light and to embrace the family members that have gone before. Do not give the CHILD the option. YOU make the decision, and tell the child of it. Then YOU instruct the child how and where to go from there.
Thank you.
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-03)
Hey Scruddud,
Very well written and very interesting. Maybe, before you moved in your parents house, they must have also been expierencing these things. If not, Then a ghost or a polterigist must be following your kids or you. Even I have to ask you, after your son said that your "Pappaw" told him he was going, did he really go or he came back? Oh and about the man glaring at your son under the deer photo, that man and his kids, and mind I say only he and his kids, may have had some tragedy in that particular house a long time ago or he might have died of shock because of the death of his wife or something. Remember, I am only guessing here. I am not sure. I recommend you research the house's history and who lived there and so on. Anyway, Best of luck and keep informing us.
Biemaster
Velvet (2 stories) (72 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-02)
Hello,
I totally enjoyed your story. My Dad mentioned to me a long time ago, that when I was 2ish that I would point to things and act like if I would see people. That is amazing how children are more suspectible to see ghosts.
Snags67 (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-02)
Hi Scuddud,

Did anything actually happen to "Pappaw" from your second paragraph?

Kris

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: