You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Ghost on my Sister's Bed

Real Ghost Stories

A Ghost on my Sister's Bed

 

I'm 31 years old, but back when I was 16 years old, I lived with my parents along with my two brothers (I'm a triplet), and two sisters in a New York City apartment Upper Manhattan. I was in my bedroom finishing up my homework. There was one math equation I could not figure out. Since my sister Pamela is a wizard when it comes to Mathematics, I decided to head over to her room. Her door was slightly opened and I walked in.

I saw a medium built guy, about 6 feet tall, sleeping perfectly on her bed. As I move closer, his eyes opened and gave me a blank stare. I freaked out and ran and noticed my sister was in the living room.I told my sister what happened. That 'boyfriend' was trying to scare me. "I don't have a boyfriend and I didn't bring anyone home with me." I grabbed her hand and lead her to bedroom, only to see he was gone. I know it was no intruder since the windows were locked at that time.

I was a bit disturbed by the fact I had my own encounter with a ghost. Before this incident I was skeptical about ghost now I'm a believer.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Eclipse2000 (1 stories) (68 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
Wow! Are you sure? I'm he could of hid in the closet!
Did you even check the closet? Wait did she have a closet, SORRY just curious...
...
... 😲
zacksawyer (1 stories) (20 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-03-07)
And to think an urban environment would somehow make you feel safe from such supernatural experience. This shatters such stereotype and scared the sh** out of me.
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-09-01)
thats scary, and I would also be very freaked!, with care,

Princess123 x ❤
mpgb216 (2 stories) (26 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-05-13)
that's really creepy to stare at you... Perhaps he has some unfinished business in that house... But you know, you're lucky, you saw a part of his face. Whenever I see a ghost, I don't see the face. Next time you see one, just stare at the entity and he will just fade away. Don't run. The more you run, the more they'll show up. They don't usually harm the living.
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-05-13)
that's creepy, I thought you were going to say that you only saw a misty greyish looking figure... Not an actual person! Wow that is very very creepy!

great story

God bless!
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2007-12-11)
silentoption, has anyone else in your family had any unusual experiences? Has anything happened to you since? If it has you should check out the history of the place to find out what may be causing this boy/man to be there. If it was a one time thing, maybe it was just a residual haunting that you just happened to witness. Since everything seems to be innocent I wouldn't worry too much about it. You might want to ask him to leave, that he scares you and you don't want it to continue. He may just be confused. Thanks for sharing your story.
Shenny (guest)
+2
17 years ago (2007-10-03)
That gave me goose bumps, Great story! I hate it when people give you blank stares, it freaks me out, at times.

Take care and much love,
Shenny.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-09-26)
I have ghosts in my house and I can hear them. I'm not scared of them because I'm used to them. They are sometimes in my dreams. I recognise them from my dreams they try telling me things but keep forgetting. 😊 I heard a little girls voice last week and she banged as well.
rai (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-09)
hi iam so suprised by reading this it's fact that sometime we can see the ghost the only matter is if we believe in god. Ghost can't do any harm to us anyway i'll pray for you bye
silentoption (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-02-25)
i no longer lived there and my parents left that apartment back in August 06. My have two sister the one who was the unlucky one who slept on that bed move out and now is live in upstate ny. My other sister is married and living with her husband in Pennsylvania. My brothers have joined the Army and are currently deployed. I am kind of glad we left there.

My family are devout catholics and ever since those encounters I have devoted myself to God.
Timstantmessage (2 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-02-25)
I would be careful and wary of that place and anymore activity, as I know it to be true that Ghosts are not spirits of the dearly departed, but Demons that take on the form of something familiar. These demons are known as familiar spirits and are dangerous. Possession Is a very real and present danger as well as physical harm. I would urge you NOT to mess or play with the occult such as phsycics or mediums, tarot cards and ouja boards as these will open up doors for these spirits to further mess with you. These things are very real and documented. Many poeple have been thrown around rooms by invisible "spirits" and scratched. Many unexplained yet very real things have happened. These Demons are The children of The Nephilim. Whatever you do, I would urge you to consider prayer and help from someone at your local church. Or if you like I would be willing to help if anything else transpires with these spirits.
unguided_traveler (9 stories) (35 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-02-24)
that is pretty freaky, I have to say. my own bedroom seems to be a hotspot, and it makes it really hard to sleep at night... nothing happened to your sister later on did it?
silentoption (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-02-23)
that was only one of three ghost encounters I have in that apartment which I will post later.
Liz (guest)
+2
17 years ago (2007-02-23)
That is so crazy! I would be so damn freaked out and never sleep in that room again....not to scare you or anything. I notice that most experience seeing a ghost and then when you look away, the ghost dissappears. Of three supernatural experiences that I've had, one was with a boy that dissappeared but it was in a park... I don't know if I can handle seeing one in my room.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: