You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Time In France

Real Ghost Stories

My Time In France

 

I would like to apologize for my English - I'm not a native speaker. All the lines below are true as I saw that two months ago.

I'm a university student and in January I left my home for France , in order to improve my French. I chose a small town in the middle of the country . I stayed with a single parent family which consisted of a father and his two teenage daughters. We lived in a 18th century flat. During my first week I had nightmares , full of weird animals and devil monsters. I also was incredibly unlucky. I did not pay much attention to that because everything was so new for me there. As time went on I used to see a man sitting on a sofa watching me. I also had the feeling of being watched, but I think that it is pretty common. I did not pay much attention to that. It could be my mind and shade and lights what could trick me.

All changed one Wednesday afternoon. I came back home from shopping, I unlocked the heavy old wooden door and I heard some man loudly talking right from the place, where the sofa is. I became very nervous, not being scared because I was just like: Oh, my friend has a guest here and I'm supposed to speak my terrible French. But than I realize that no one should be at home this time. I quietly left the flat and started to look for my mobile phone. Then again I realized that there was total silence. So I opened the door again and really - no one was in. Since then it got worse and worse.

Each and every night I woke up between 2:30 and 4:00, mostly at 3:15 - the time I was born. I heard loud knocking coming from one wall and I felt someone standing in the door space beside my bed. As days passed away the knocking was more frequent and scratching was also heard. I always had to switch on the lights and never fall asleep again. I also found my bedroom door open. First week I blamed the children , that they making a fool of me. But even when I was alone all these strange things happened. I became very nervous and start going to the church everyday. I ask Catholic community for advice, but I was only recommend to leave the place once and for all. But I couldn't do that because I had a contract to stay there and take care of the kids in exchange for being given food and living.

The turning point was one Sunday, when my friend was ill in his bed in the room next to the mine. I was doing some work on my PC, while I found myself being bitten by small but human teeth. This happened three times. I became a nervous wreck. My mind was like in storm. I contacted an invader from my home who told me to say a prayer and not to be scared. So I prayed every time I woke in night and before I went to bed. I also slept with a small sainted figure of an angel that my mother gave me before I flew away. It worked a bit. Maybe for a week I thought all would be okay. I was wrong.

Even when I wasn't alone I started feeling someone behind me, the chime decoration was quickly swinging in the air when I looked at it. I also sometimes felt being almost freeze that I had problem to take a breath. Often during the day lamps in different rooms were switched on. All these things were happening for nine weeks. I decided to leave France about 12 weeks earlier. I have to say that the family father sometimes woke up in the same time like me, but heard nothing. Also the children didn't like me much and didn't talk to me at all. I suffer from panic fear from dark. I'm a Catholic and I have experience with seeing some things that I don't understand, I also have prophetic dreams. But my time in France really changed my life.

I would really appreciate any commands. Thank you.

Other hauntings by Leela

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Leela, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

rstahley (3 stories) (102 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-23)
First of all, thank you for commenting on my story. I would have read yours before now, but it's been a while since I've been on here. You're right. Your experience was far worse than mine, and I'm glad that you are no longer there. However, I think it is good that you have God in your life and that faith will keep you safe.
Mindi (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-17)
Leela
I don't think seeing a psychiatrist will do any good. They will probably chalk it up to your immagination etc. Probably you feel that you had no one to listen to your story or acknowledge the fact that you were actually experiencing stuff. I have heard that certain object that belonged to people sometimes carry their emotions and vibrations so perhaps that was what was affecting you. Do some relaxation techniques and immagine a light of protection all around you and nothing can harm you as you are protected from the negative influences. Don't dwell on what it was or could have been frightening you but tell yourself that it belongs where it was originally and it cannot harm you. Let go of your fear most of all and when you start thinking about the weird stuff do something else to distract you.
I compare personal possesions to a recording device. Those items probably held negative energy. If you can hear and see stuff on a piece of celophane such as a magnetic tape or video it is not so unbelievable that other object cannot 'record' stuff. You are probably more sensitive to such things (stay away from second hand antique stuff) and probably pick up moods of people around you without realizing it. Just consider it as a strange but not uncommon incident and don't let yourself 'personalize' it as something out to get you. Don't let it overtake your life in a negative way. If you are a Catholic, use your faith to strenghten the protection around you by asking your guardian angels for protection. In the future if you are traveling in a strange place and any item makes you uncomfortable being around ask someone else to remove it. Never touch it yourself. Whatever it is that you saw and felt might just be feeding off of your energy so don't let it. It is like when you are with a group of friends and one is in a bad mood, everyone else gets into a bad mood by the other's negativity. Most of all try to feel positive about everything, always look on the bright side and that bad things are part of learning to deal with in life. Your experience was unsual and not many people can relate to it so try to think about it as just one experience in life (weird and unexplained) but just an experience. You are unique in that not everyone gets such experiences. 😊
Keep strong!I'm not the biggest fan of psychiatrists. Most of the time they usually try to focus on past childhood stuff, unresolved issues or give you pills to make you 'feel better'. It doesn't always work so YOU have to take control and not let the weird stuff take over your life. You are not crazy, you were just frightened by something unexplained and no one took it seriously. I know as I have had weird stuff happen all my life, but I think I am as crazy as the rest of us 😆 Skeptics always have a 'rational explanation' but I have yet to find one skeptic who could prove their so called rational explanation or even give a believable example that can be reproduced to the same effects. I believe you saw and experienced what you say you did. Just don't let that negativity ruin YOUR life. Kick it to to kurb so to speak. Its YOUR life so don't let whatever it is ruin it. For all you know it could have been something someone put into your food or drink and once you started seeing stuff it made you expect to see it again etc. There are a lot of weird and mean people out there so I would be suspicious of anything particularly since you said the kids did not like you etc.
Actually, something similar happened to my sister's brother in law while in Egypt. He left all happy and normal and came back severely depressed and paranoid. Turns out he was exposed to some sort of mould while there. He ended up in a mental hospital with the doctors thinking he was crazy, until they discovered problems in his lungs from the mould. If that had not happened he would still be on medications from the psychiatrist, so he was lucky. Get a physical and complete blood work including lead etc. Just to be sure you did not get contact with something. The house you stayed in was quite old so who knows. Did they have lead pipes in the plumbing? Physical symptoms are not always caused by seeing something unusual, so rule that out first. Anyways I wish you the best and keep us up to date as to how you are doing.
Mindi
senseye (4 stories) (32 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-12)
oh I'm sorry to hear that, I hope you can fight this and don't ever give up...

wish you well!
Leela (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-11)
Thank you all for comments. I'm already at home now and all the things seem to be so far. It's hard to even think about what I experienced in France. I really have no idea why I was attacked. Many people talk about moving evil creatures with black holes instead of eyes, but I saw a man peacefully sitting on a sofa. And the voice was also a common man voice, with no anger.

The family I stayed with was Budhistic, but I as a Roman Catholic girl didn't share their ideas. The apartment was full of Buddhist decorations like warrior or geisha statues or samurai swords. In my bedroom I had this kind of sword and a few small statues on a desk, but sometimes the sword and a statue of one warrior (I don't remember his "function" in mythology) simply fell off the desk. I put away all the Buddhist decoration from my bedroom. I don't know if there is any connection or not, but since I came back from France I suffer from serious depression which I can't beat by myself so this week I have to see a psychiatrist. But when I was leaving my home for France, I was healthy, happy and friendly and a university student. Now I'm a nervous wreck.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-11)
Leela,
I would like to make sure I understand this before commenting further. Are you still staying in this house?

Please do not let the others comments terrify you more than you already are. There are ways to deal with these types of situations. It just depends on whether you still live there or not.

God Bless!
senseye (4 stories) (32 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-11)
obviously you are not welcome in that house... Things will get worse for you if you don't find the reason of this attacks. Maybe the ghost see you as a rival to whoever or maybe they are just plain evil that likes to mess with you since you are a stranger there.

i hope everything will be fine for you!
JohorMsia (16 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-11)
Hi, I feel sorry for you. You are stuck in a terrible situation. If possible get out of the place. It is not worth staying there anymore. You might be scared and scarred for life. But if there is really no choice and somehow you have to stay, try sleeping with the lights on (to keep the level of fright down and stay insane). Prolong fright might affect your health and emotions in the long run.

Try searching for ways to gain strength and to overcome your fears by talking to the owner and his daughters, and your friends.

Always keep this princip in mind, fear none but God. If you feel you can bear all this and strong enough not to fear, then just be patient and concentrate on your goals/ambitions/studies.

All the best.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: