You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Girl In Our New House

Real Ghost Stories

The Girl In Our New House

 

My family had just moved from an apartment into a house. I remember playing with one of my toy cars on the stairs when out of the blue a young girl appeared to me. The young girl said, "Why are you in my house?" I looked up at her and told her that this was my mother's house. The young girl smiled back at me and told me that it was not.

I remember there was something odd about this girl, but I wasn't exactly sure being a 4 or 5 years old at the time. Furthermore, she didn't appear to be like the kids I saw living in our old apartment building. I could see right through her and she moved very rapidly. One minute she was in front of me and seconds later right behind me. I recall thinking that this new friend of mine was real different. The girl appeared to be around ten or eleven years of age. She had long light hair that seemed to flow as if she were under water. Her eyes were very bright and friendly. As a kid of 4 or 5 I had to prove to this new friend of mine that this was my mom's house. So, I recall running down the steps shouting aloud that this girl said it was her house.

I remember my dad coming to my aid and I was pointing to the stairs where the girl was. My dad looked up the stairway and the girl was gone. I remember my dad looking at me and back up the stairs with a puzzled look on his face. In years passed I learned that the previous owners had a daughter who died as a child in the house from a long illness. I still remember these accounts today as an adult.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shemar, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Shemar (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-03)
I am not sure... I was once told that everyone has this extra sense when we come into this world... This extra sense either remains open or shuts... I don't believe that we can open or close it... It just happens... I don't believe that I would have reacted the same as an adult with my first experience as a child... Glad that it closed... If this theory is correct? What are your thoughts?
Shestoscary (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-03)
That's interesting, you lucky! I wish I could have a ghost, how do you get one ANY ideas?
Shemar (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-03)
Thank you everyone who read my story... I haven't seen the girl since I was a child... My parents moved out of their house in 1999... I have my own home now... I do find myself more aware of stairs now (but not in fear)...Thanks again for the wonderful feedback! 😁
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
Hey that was pretty creepy yet cute. I thought it was cute the way you reacted. You wanted to tell on her for being so territorial. Cute. ❤ Jazz
LordRhodium (5 stories) (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
From one person with a dead little girl in their house to another I just wanted to say it's refreshing to know that I am not the only one.

Sounds like yours turned out okay, once you let the little girl know the house was yours know. I may have to try something like that if I see her again.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
Well at least she was friendly. The flowing hair like hair under water was an interesting observation for a child of that age. Whatever it was it meant you no harm just wanted to let you know you were in her house. I often wonder if these child ghosts appear and talk to adults who fail to see them so they end up appearing to another child in the hopes of being seen and heard. I hate to think of children caught between worlds. Something just isn't right about it. But then there is the theory that the past, present and future are going on simultaneously and this would explain a lot of hauntings. Great story and I bet it's something that has stayed with you since it happened.
DarknessEmbraced (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
Thanks for the great story! How long did you live there before you moved out, and was that the only incident that happened? Thanks a lot again, I enjoyed the story:)
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
Hi Shemar, welcome and thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Despite the disturbing appearance of the girl and her territorial attitude towards you, you were fortunate enough to be far too young to really understand what you were seeing which explains why you were not overwhelmed with fear.

Your running to your dad for confirmation about the ownership of the house gave me a huge smile since I found it to be such a typical child's reaction-I would have done the same at that age 😊.

Finding out about the previous tenants and the death of their daughter must have been a shoching moment in your life.

Have you seen her ever since?

Thanks
frenchpoet (10 stories) (61 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-01)
Wow! That's a great story. Has the little girl appeared since in real life or dreams?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: