You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Experience In My Old House

Real Ghost Stories

Experience In My Old House

 

This is my first post, hope you like it. Sorry if it's not that great, I'm not a good storyteller.

This takes place in a house I use to live in. The house itself is over a hundred years old and as far as I know nothing bad has happened there. It had belonged to my Grandma before she died and it was a little while after she died my Dad and I moved in.

I never liked being in the house alone even during the day just because I had this feeling of someone else being around me that I couldn't see. I would have to turn on the TV or radio just to make me feel more comfortable. It was most intense in one area of my room and I would avoid going there if I could.

My room was kind of an upside-down "L" shape with the bottom part connected to the living room and the other to the bathroom. It was where the "L" came together that I hated being in and it was there that I saw the shadow.

I was getting home from school one day and was the only one home. My bedroom door was the first door on the right when entering the living room and you could see all the way to the end. As I was entering the living room out of the corner of my eye I could see a shadow, I would say about five feet tall and in the shape of a person, it was at the far end of my room. It then turned and run around the corner towards the bathroom. I stopped and looked at the corner for a second and then just went back to my normal routine. I wasn't afraid of it, actually I thought I was just seeing things and didn't think much about it.

About a month later I saw it again as I was getting home from school, it again turned the corner and ran away. This time I started to think maybe my eyes weren't playing tricks on me and maybe I really did see something. I knew it couldn't have been a reflection off a window because I had curtains covering the lower half of the windows and the shadow touched the floor. The thought of it being in my room didn't scare me because I figured whatever it was it didn't want to hurt me it was just looking at me.

I only saw the shadow one more time after that, again when it thought I saw it, it ran away. I still had that watched feeling when I was alone in the house but it didn't bother me as much as before. I never told anyone else about it because I thought they wouldn't believe me.

We moved out of that house a couple years later when my Dad remarried. We still own the house because it's on my Uncle's property so I still walk past it when we visit my Uncle (he lives next door) and I still get that feeling of someone watching me from the windows when I walk by. I will admit that I do get a little scared by that just because I'm afraid that if I look at the window I might see something and won't want to go back in the house. That might sound weird since I lived in the same house with it but I just can't help thinking that.

That was the only experience I had in that house but I found out recently that other family members have had things happen to them in that house. If you would like to hear about them let me know. Thanks for reading.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Watz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Watz (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
Thanks for all your comments. I'll be sure to write another story soon. Also something I realized I didn't say was that I don't get scared walking past the window during the day just at night and that's might just be because the house looks creepy at night. 😁
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
Hi and thanks for sharring this story with us. I realy don't know much aboutthese spirits but I have to say they are scary. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes! I hope to hear from you soon and take care
bernadettetoledo (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-16)
all I can say is I believe in ghost. Its part of a normal life that sometimes we might experience some unexplainable things... Share more of your story...
matticus (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-16)
lol crazy but those ones are usually nothing to fear as long as you respect it. Just greet it in a kind manner sometimes.
Anyways good first story.
tiniogen (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-16)
ive seen one of them before, scared the hell out of me. My old house, down the hallway, blocking the way off to my mum and dads room, we where about 15 meters away. We stood looking at eachother for at least 10 mins, then he walked into my bathroom. I followed but never found him... Scary, but a good feeling to know he was definatly friendly.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
Hello Watz. I don't know what these beings are really called but I call them "Watchers". They really mean no harm and if they think they are discovered they run away. I personally think that are harmless.
I would most certainly like to hear of the other's experiences if you are willing to share. Thank you for sharing your story with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
armsofsorrow (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
watz...great story, but I don't know if you should be afraid of the ghost... Maybe it is a deceased relative checking on you...ıf your really afraıd talk to your dad about ıt

Armsofsorrow
Ryo (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
Ouhh,, that's creepy!, but, relax dude! The ghost won't hurt you, maybe he just like with you...! But, in my opinion, that things is definitely called 'JIN' in my language,, as long as you not bothered 'em they wouldn't bothered you or hurt you,, okey?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: