You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Music At Night And The Hallway Stomper

Real Ghost Stories

The Music At Night And The Hallway Stomper

 

I and my mom have lived in this house since I was about 3 years old. (I am almost 21 now) I still remember when I was little, I was just terrified of this place, but being so young, I really didn't know why. My mother just thought I was kind of, at lack for a better word, a neurotic child.

I remember sleeping in my little room at night, and I refused to sleep with the lights off. It wasn't that I had ever seen or heard anything, it was just... Scary! It always felt like there was someone watching me... Then it began, I started noticing things.

I was somewhere between 4-6 when this happened, I woke up in the morning, and I could hear the TV on in the living room. (My bedroom is at the end of a short hallway that starts in the dining room, which is connected to a slightly sunken living room. My parent's room is directly across from mine.)

The sound from the television was so clear; I could tell what was on, it sounded like my favorite cartoon at the time! So I got up and got dressed, went towards the living room, expecting my parents to be up and the TV to be on... But when I got there, my parents were still asleep and the TV was off. I didn't think much of it until a few years later when I was old enough to think of it as something 'strange'.

This still happens often, I'll be coming home and as I open the door it sounds like the TV is on, and loud... But then I find of course, its not. I know this doesn't sound that creepy, but bare with me here.

As I got older, maybe 14+, my mom and I started sharing with each other how at night, when we are both in bed, we can hear music playing. And it is loud! Friends that have stayed the night; have reported hearing it as well, before we even mentioned it to them.

One night, maybe 4 years ago, I remember I was in my bedroom, it was maybe midnight, and I was silently playing games on my computer, and my mom was asleep in her room across the hallway. Then suddenly, I hear my mom open her door, and she opens mine in a rather angry fashion, and says to me, "Turn that music DOWN..." She then stops and realizes, I'm not listening to any music.

Sometime maybe before or after that, I'm not sure when, we were both in our respective bedrooms, getting ready to go to sleep. We both read books before we drift off to sleep, and as we are doing that, (with both our bedroom doors shut.) suddenly we hear something running, more like stomping up and down the hallway outside our bedrooms! It went back and forth maybe 3 times, and then stopped. We do have a dog, but he was sleeping in my room. When it stopped, we simultaneously yelled, "DID YOU HEAR THAT?" "What WAS that?!"

Never happened again, but it was very creepy.

Our house does have some history, which we have gathered from our elderly neighbors. They said that two deaths have occurred here, one being a little boy/girl, around 3 years old, which drowned in a little fish pond in our yard. The pond is now filled in, but you can still see the cement that used to border it. The other, was an elderly lady, I'm assuming she died of natural causes, but in her last years she came down with some sort of dementia.

I have So, SO many more stories... These are kind of the least creepy of all of them actually. I'll submit the others in a little while; need a break from this essay I have managed to write.

Other hauntings by illusionation

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, illusionation, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

illusionation (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-04)
It sounded like it was coming from a radio with about 80% clarity. Like someone had stuck an old radio in the wall!
Its so clear, I'm sure someone with more knowledge about classical music could even name some of them!
And we don't live next to anyone that would play music that loud at night.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
It sounds as if the elderly lady is still there, with the woman having had dementia, you could actually have heard HER stomping around in the hallway. As it was a classical music, I would ASSUME it to be of her liking, though many parents play classical to help their little ones nod off.
Was the music clear? Did it sound as if it were coming straight from a radio? How about the telly? Was the sound (albiet louder than what is comfortable) as if it came straight from the speakers of the set?
Thank you.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
That was a really interesting story illusionation. I assume that you have not had a direct contact with the energies at home.

For some reason, the loud tv and radio sounds like something an elderly lady would do since due to possible hearing impairment turning up the volume would be inevitable.

I would love to hear more of your experiences. Thanks for sharing!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
Wow that sure must be creepz. Living in a house like that can sure make you think. I believe that spirits can not allways manifest to a full form. Sometimes they never will. I think that this spirit in your home is using and kind of energz just to let you know that he is there. I don't think he means any harm. But that doesn't mean that this isn't scary. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
illusionation (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-24)
it sounds like very very old classical type music... Once, I think I actually knew what song it was! I just looked it up, its called 'Memory' by nair.
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
i don't know if illusionation has tried, but I can hear through her monitor and the first few times that I heard it I just thought I was hearing music from the house behind us. You know how sensitive baby monitors are. Then it started to make me mad because if they were having parties with that loud of music then something needed to be done. After about two weeks of this I decided to walk in her bedroom to see if I still heard it and right as I reached her room it stopped. It doesn't seem to bother her, she doesn't wake up or nothing, but it is soft almost calming music. I don't know about the music that illusionation is hearing, but the kind I hear would put you to sleep at times and others it seems like I'm having a rock concert behind my house. It doesn't bother her so I'm not going to intagonize it and cause problems
Easykiel (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
Phantom music? Strange stuff, but incredibly interesting. Out of curiosity, have you ever attempted to record the music you hear in the house, I'm wondering if there is actual sound or if it is something that you are picking up on in a psychic way?
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
Hey girl,

I can hear music playing in my daughter's room and she is only 20 months! So I understand where you are coming from with hearing music. As for the stomping I don't have that much experience with something like that. I can't wait until you write your next your story.
texasgal (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
illusionation:

Thank you for your story. I can relate to your experiences.

I too grew up in a haunted house. I had a similar experience at night. But it was a door rattling instead of someone running down the hallway. Hope to hear more stories from you. Take care. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: