You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Cinderella Cheesecakes

Real Ghost Stories

Cinderella Cheesecakes

 

One of my friends just happens to be the granddaughter of the company "Cinderella Cheesecakes", which provides most of the cheesecakes in the school sales magazines. There was also an old house attached to the factory. Whenever we went there, whether it was to let her dog out of its kennel or to snag a few free samples of cheesecake, there were always these beautiful roses out in front of the house, even if they had already bloomed once for the year. The roses always had a peculiar scent to them, a little sweeter than regular roses.

Whenever we would be in that house, we'd feel a presence, a presence that my friend has said she's felt for years and years. So one day, we were looking through a storage space in one of the rooms upstairs. Her grandparents had stored a whole bunch of old furniture and cameras up there and we were interested.

One day, when we were looking through the old artifacts, my friend started to feel dizzy, like something didn't want her in there. I felt it a little, too, but I disregarded it and kept looking. Then my friend started to collapse and feel sick, so we decided to head out of the room. Once we were downstairs she started to feel much better. This happened twice on two different days.

One day we got this idea, being the crazy kids we were, we decided to bring her possessed, glow-in-the-dark Ouija board, not the one from my other story. We got in contact with a spirit who didn't really want to talk for too long, but did for a little while. The spirit claimed that it had lived in the house. We wanted to choose another question that wouldn't offend the spirit, so we decided to ask what its favorite flower was, to which it replied, "Roses." Ok, so now we knew that the spirit was someone who had lived in the house and loved roses.

"That could be my grandma who passed away," claimed my friend. Still not wanting to offend with an inappropriate question, we asked, "Are you taking care of the roses out front?" It told us yes, meaning that the roses out front were being kept alive by the spirit in the house.

I know this isn't really a freaky story but I figured it was a neat story to add.

Other hauntings by PorcelainBabyDoll

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PorcelainBabyDoll, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

charl2008 (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-16)
That was indeed an interesting story. I think that that spirit is indeed a former owner of that house; perhaps it's your friends' grandma. And if you really did feel unwanted while looking through another person's old belonings (deceased, and mind you, a total stranger to you) then don't do it because there might be some stuff the owners value so much among thos old stuff. And by the way did you close the board properly? Because if you didn't then other entities might find their way there...

God Bless 😊
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-27)
That was indeed a very touching story and somehow sad as well! Someone loved their roses so much to feel they had to keep coming back to take good care of them! We humans can be trully magnificent creatures some times-in this life or any other life.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
Wow this was an very interesting story. I realy enjoyed reading it. I to wonder if this was the grandmother of your firend. Good thing this was a good spirit. Thanks for sharring this story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-24)
Thanks for sharing your story, I must say that it could be your friend's grandmother, since she loved roses, and the roses are being kept up.
Again, thanks for the story.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
Not all accounts of the paranormal have to end with eeekk!
This is a wonderful story and I appreciatte your taking the time to share it with us!

God Bless!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
I'm glad your friend is alright, but I'd be careful when dealing with Ouji boards. It's not a good idea in and of itself, and then to attempt it while in the presence of a spirit who doesn't seem to want you there adds insult to injury so to speak. Good luck!
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
that definenatly is a neat story to tell. It's amazing how some spirits will effect their surrounding area to still make it look beautiful even in the afterlife. Maybe it was her grandmother and there was something up stairs that she didn't want her grandaughter to find out at that moment in time. Who knows, but it is a really good story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: