You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: He Was Here, The Devil

Real Ghost Stories

He Was Here, The Devil

 

Once again I'm catholic, although not a very good one. Needless to say, I make a lot of dumb mistakes. This Saturday I called up one of my friends and decided to go out drinking. I'm very lightweight and I'm extremely buzzed/slightly drunk after four drinks. I had my four and we were sitting out by the train tracks. I accept that the alcohol may be the simple reason for my experience. But altogether it was terrifying and abnormal.

Anyways, out by the train tracks. We were sitting inside his truck with the windows rolled up parked next to the train tracks. It was precisely 3:33 in the morning. (I don't get completely wasted to where I don't remember things). It felt like somebody was holding a black veil over my face because it was difficult to see. I kept blinking and I remember looking out the window to see a black cloud. I started freaking out. I was bawling my eyes out and started punching my face, scratching at my wrists and neck. I screamed at my friend to start the truck and get out of there. I remember rocking myself chanting "he is here, he is here".

Within the next five minutes I was trying to suffocate myself. It seemed beyond all my control. My friend kept on shaking me to breathe. And when I started breathing again I started to chant "he has me, he has me." I was begging my friend to kill me or let me go. Obviously he did neither.

I managed to get in my house and I sent my friend three texts before I fell asleep. The next morning I woke up and was looking through my sent box. Here are the three texts I sent.

1) I'm sorry he was there. I made a mistake and he was watching. He's always going to chase me. He has me. He has me. I'm really sorry I really am I can't do this. I'll get what I deserve. If I can hold long enough I'll get what I deserve I promise.

2) He's the one that taunts. He smiles when I fall. He wants me for himself and his claim to the almighty throne. He knows he cannot succeed but he can triumph over those unsuperior to him.

3) I know he's around. He lurks in the shadows waiting to devour the soul while the lamb sleeps.

I understand I was drunk, but usually I send things that don't make any sense. These texts just seem too intelligible for me to say judging on the condition I was in at the time. Ever since that night I have been terrified to sleep. I have been looking at the clock at 3:33. The only things that come to mind are cutting, suicide, and insanity.

So is this just a drunken mad side of me, or did something really happen this weekend? I'm not trying to be dramatic at all. I would be more than happy if I had chosen not to drink. Please don't get annoyed by my stupidity and help me.

Much thanks,

Katty.

Other hauntings by curiousgal99

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, curiousgal99, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ghostseeker9 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-09)
Pray every night. If you feel like something is after you is trying to hurt you email me at
Men-Of-Letters [at] outlook.com
I think it was a demon. Can you tell me the precise location of where you were? I hope you make better decisions. God bless you.
abanob (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-06)
3 am is divinity hour. And demons in this time want or have to do their job buy hurting people or anything else
Aviman (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-17)
You will be ok the devil has no power over you of Jesus is in you just rebuke him. I would try and find a priest that is good with spirits to. Pray the rosary and try not to do bad thing like swearing or drinking a d repent for your sins that will close the doors that ate open
angelfeathers (106 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
For Rook: (Please do not read if you are offended by Christian tradition.)

Um, actually, the timing of Jesus' death is EXCEEDINGLY meaningful in terms of Judeo-Christian belief.

(1) Jesus died the afternoon preceding Passover. (You may recall that Passover is a festival that commemorates the freeing of the Jews from bondage in Egypt. On that night, the Angel of Death was sent to kill first-born sons as a sign/punishment to Pharaoh for refusing to release the Jews from slavery. But the Death Angel "passed over" Jewish homes whose lintels had been marked with lambs' blood; and the angel spared those within.) Lots of Christian metaphor here: first-born; a lamb's blood as a means of salvation; freedom from bondage (of sin, in Christianity).

(2) Because he died so near to sundown on the night preceding the Sabbath, Jesus' body had to be entombed quickly and COULD NOT be properly readied for burial. (All tasks had to be completed before sundown because no work was permitted on the Sabbath.) This is why the women returned to the tomb so early on Sunday morning -- they needed to complete their ministrations on His body, rewrapping the shroud in spices and myrrh. They expected to find a decomposing body; and instead, they found an empty tomb with the makeshift shroud neatly folded within it. (The fact that it was folded was a sign that meant, "I will return.")

By the way, the tomb's donor was Joseph of Arimathea. Ironically, he was a member of the Sanhedrin, the council that had demanded Jesus' crucifixion.

(3) As for the 3:33 -- Jesus was crucified during the "sixth hour" (measured in terms of sunlight, that would be between 11 a.m.-noon), and died at about the "ninth hour," which would be around 3 p.m. But the sun had ceased to shine (or gone into an eclipse, for the scientists among us) between the sixth and ninth hours, so we can't be precise about the timing. (Tissot and Tag Heuer had yet to be invented. 😉)

I'm with you on the 3:33 thing. Three a.m. Would be the inverse of 3 p.m.; but there's no biblical basis for believing that we're more susceptible to evil at that time than during any other. And since "3" is the number of God (the Trinity), then one would EXPECT that 3 a.m. Would be a holy time. (Technically, 3 p.m. Would be 15:00, military time.) Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Blessings,
A.
preacher1 (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
I know you said you won't respond any more, plus I'm a lil late adding my two cents into this post but here it goes. I'm curious which came first the Ouija board incident or this other thing, because one can easily explain the other. I like to drink plenty myself and I know what you mean when you say you're a functioning when you drink (I'm the same way, I know exactly what's going on). The whole 333 thing is easily simplified for every Holy Christian event there is an anti demonic event, I can even give a book to help describe this. The whole suicide thing is concerning but for a different reason I have read about many people being partially possessed and attempting to commit suicide, obviously not the case with every one but there are some priests who credit suicides with more than just a psychological issue. My advice keep to your prayers and go to church, keep a log of these advents noting activity time and date. Don't loose hope, I have heard of people being able to battle demonic forces successfully by themselves but most often you need the help of a priest. The Catholic Church does not give out exorcisms of places or people like candy, they must investigate (usually by staying a night or two) even if he does find anything permission must come from the bishop, but at the very least you can ask for a blessing of the house. If things get to out of hand for a temporary relief you can use a process called smudging which is the burning of sage and spreading the smoke produced through out the house. Let me know if you need any more advice or info. God Bless and good luck
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-03)
I've been holding off posting here but feel I must. I have visited the Holy Land, seen the hills and olive trees, the Churches, Monuments and the Histroic streets that have been uncovered from that time in Histroy.

The pratice of careing for the dead has changed very little in all the time sense Christ walked the earth, and at the time of his Death Christ was a Jew... (not saying this to cause trouble but that was his birthright and his religion) Tradition holds that the body be burired before sundown on the day a person dies. (Or as soon as possible after passing) In the case of Christ the 'verbal' history 'says' that he was placed in a tomb not his own, but donated by a wealthy man who believed his teachings. (His name is mentioned somewhere in the Bible...) This was so that His body could be buried before sundown. This would indicate an afternoon/evening time of death. Not that this means anything other than just that... He died in the afternoon/early evening the day he died. There was time to prepare his body and place it in the tomb before sunset so that he was buried according to the traditional pratices of the times.

There is no 'hour' where it's better/easier for anything to happen, we see and hear more when our bodies are relaxed, this is most often in the evening or late night so 'ghostly activity' is closely associated with the dark.

Sorry, I don't mean to offend anyone I just had to say something.

Respectfully,

Rook
Nevadaghosthunter (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-03)
Luca, You are correct. Jesus died sometime in the afternoon. Remember folks, the sun was blocked out. That can't happen at 3:33am!
Also, as anyone who knows astrology and astronomy will tell you, the time frame and constellations etc are different 2000 years later.
Also,would that be 3:33am PST, CT, ET? Grenwich mean time? Please don't read into this timeframe more than you need to.
Do know that spirit is always around, both good and bad. They don't need to be looking at their watch waiting for the buzzer to hit 3:33

Katty please seek some help. If you get no satisfaction from the church go and seek help from other sources and not the friends with alcohol kind of help.
You certainly may have experienced something of the psychic nature or you may simply have experienced some bad booze. Your life is precious as is all life. Please don't hurt yourself or be ashamed of anything that occured. Do seek the counsel of someone who can help you, clergy, family members, teachers, psychologists.
Don't give up on yourself. Please.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-03)
Please forgive me if I sounded like I was counseling you, I did not mean to. It is just that where I come from in the very recent past, my daughter was very much in the same boat. Very much. In fact, a few of those stories are posted here, to this site.
I know that professionals can really seem whacked by some of the things that they suggest. A butterfly? Really, to what purpose? 😕 What would be the point?
I have no clue how coloring a butterfly would "help" the situation. But, those are some of the things their BOOKS have taught them.
Book knowledge is much different than Life knowledge.
Talking is overrated, too. At least in my opinion. A person really does not have to pour out their soul everytime they sneeze backwards. When someone is silent, it does not always mean they are thinking about something, and yet, MANY people would assume that.
Please do not give up on us. We are not trying to be demeaning, and we are not trying to put you back in that situation that you do not want to return to. We (well, I am, at least) are just trying to help you think through the situation on your own without needing, or thinking that you need that same conflict.
Thank you.
curiousgal99 (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-03)
the priest said if I commit suicide I'm going to hell. And it is his duty to get me to heaven, so for both of our sakes, I shouldnt try it.

The counciler told me to color a butterfly. I hate butterflies and she was obsessed with them. So to tick her off I colored it black.

Yes I have done the whole journal thing. It's great to write down your feelings and everything and I have done that in poems and still do, but I don't need a counciler to tell me so. Pros and cons? Never heard of it.

I understand that you can play a sport or listen to music. Do arts and crafts and hang out with friends. These things don't give me a rush like everything else does. I'm looking for that rush.

I come from a family that doesn't talk. Therefore, I'm not much of a talker when it comes to expressing my feelings. I am trying to learn how to establish a good relationship by talking and expressing feelings, but it is difficult because I have no example to look to.

Whatever happened that night still causes me nightmares and makes it so hard to fall asleep. Its all in my head. And I don't know how to stop those thoughts when they are everywhere. It must be important if its making me feel a strong emotion in the midst of my numb state.

Thanks for the comments.
This seems to have turned out to be a counciling thing for me, so this will be the last time I reply. Thank you for your kindness and engaging into a discussion.
God bless

Katty.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-03)
Thank you Luca,
I was thinking along the same lines. There is no documented EXACT time of Jesus death. It WAS evening, (as historical accounts DO state that the sun became covered. At 3 AM, THIS could not occur, UNLESS it USED to be light in the early morning and dark in the evening.)
As far as the 3 AM thing, I can really "see" why people would pin that down as the hour of the devils walk (only in that he is the "opposite" of Jesus, and the AM would be the "opposite" of PM.) but HONESTLY, I FEEL that people only see things more clearly in the early morning hours as they are still "relaxed" in sleep. Or, in their absence of sleep.
It is a well known theory that if you ARE relaxed (this is why so many meditate) you are more apt to see or experience something that you would NOT if you are keyed up, or if your home is noisy (people awake and moving about, getting ready for their day, working on homework, listening to the radio, etc). THAT is truly the only correlation to the 3 o'clock time that I can see. People seem to be more relaxed.

Curiousgal99,
I do NOT think that this will open you up to possession. OBSESSION, perhaps, but certainly NOT possession. In order for that to occur (now this is just my opinion, you will undoubtedly get different responses) you would have to "accept" certain things. In your comments, and in your story, I do not see where you would even ATTEMPT such a thing. It is simply not in your nature.
You seem to be "ruled" by what you have been taught. That is NOT a belittling comment. Be secure in the knowledge that you HAVE been given the "tools" to fight whatever this is. You have a strong background in Catholicism, you have been subject to counseling, both by a priest as well as a separate professional.
What did they say?
You say that you do not want to go through that again. I do not blame you. Both of my blood children went through the same thing, and at times I am ashamed that I forced them to go through with it (even if I did NOT let them continue with it). But if you PAID ATTENTION through any of the counseling, they ALSO gave you some pointers on how to deal with this WITH OUT the use of the drugs (just so that you are aware, I am under the thought pattern that all alcohol is, is ANOTHER form of a drug).
Were you encouraged to use a journal? (NOT a diary, just a journal) Were you encouraged to do the "pro's" and "con's" list on what you would like to STOP and BEGIN in your life? Were you encouraged to find other sources to get "rid of" some of the pent up emotions that are coursing through your veins?
These are just a few of the suggestions that my DAUGHTER was given (my son was too young to do the writing parts) and they seemed to help her out quite a bit. She is a very visual person, though, and she NEEDED to see the words, as well as FEEL them.
If you have an obsessive personality, I would suggest that you stay away from the alcohol. Speaking as someone who DOES have an obsessive personality, I KNOW how dreadfully easy it would be for me to become totally obsessed with the drink. That is also why I have to stay away from drugs (even Tylenol and aspirin) as they can come to rule my life. In refusing to even participate anymore, I am CONTROLLING this obsession.
It is all up to you. Our minds are very powerful and can cause us to think and do certain things, just by what we THINK would happen. Sometimes it is best just to sit back and let things go.
THIS is one thing that I think pointed you in the right direction. It got you thinking about the effects of drinking IN you. It made you QUESTION, only in that this is not how you NORMALLY would have acted while drinking. But, to tell you the truth, alcohol does a variety of things to us, or in us, when we partake. I have known people to drink and be the towns clown, and the very next time, same circumstances, they are the most violent person alive.
I see this as a crossroad, dear. And only you can make the right choice for you.
Thank you.
curiousgal99 (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-03)
i say I'm catholic so people know I'm perfectly fine (and looking for) more christian responses. I just went to a retreat this weekend, and we do believe that anything evil does have a connection with the devil. He is out to get us (our souls). I'm not trying to say that he is out to specifically get me or anything. That would definately be terrifying.

It is a good time to rejoice. But that's during the pm, right? And am would be the opposite and I'm guessing that's why people think its the demon hour? I'm not smart in the whole time area. I will try to look more into that.

I do not have a problem with alchohol. I suppose that's what any alcoholic would say, but trust me, I dont. I hardly drink. I don't want to drink anymore because the thought of having another experience terrifies me. I havnt had a sip of alcohol since that night. I have thought about it.
Alchohol is a depressant. So why has it made me so happy every other time?

I have already gone through the process of getting "help". Quite honestly I don't see it as help at all. My mom sent me to two councilers, a priest, and a psychiatrist. I will not go through that again.

The place where it happened- I am scared to think about it. It's just weird because it used to be such a great place. I don't think I could work up the courage to go back there.

So this can all be a mental issue? As in it is just all in my head? But by it being in my head I am opening myself up to possession? Or by drinking I'm opening myself up to possession? That word really strikes panic in me.

Thanks for the responses.
Luca (1 stories) (83 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-02)
Hi again, WB.❤

I'm glad you asked this and I'll answer your question right here if you don't mind. I'm aware we possibly share the same exhasperation sometimes.

Having said that:

That is complete b.s. Jesus died during the afternoon, historians say it could've happened anytime between 3 and 6 PM. So it makes absolutely NO SENSE to believe the whole 3 AM dilemma.

So people, please stop saying that 3 AM is the hour of the sword-wielding ghosts that suck souls and breakdance...
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-02)
Really?
In the spirit of a discussion, I REALLY must ask this.
WHY would the exact time that Jesus Christ took His last breath in his earthly body be considered UNlucky? I am lost. I would think, according to all that I have studied, and researched of what IS known (unfortunately, "eye witness accounts" are few and far between), about that particular time frame, that the EXACT moment of his earthly death would be considered "LUCKY".
Jesus Christ was crucified for the remission of sins. Jesus Christ was crucified so that we would never again have to buy, or raise, another sacrificial lamb. Jesus Christ is said to be the REPLACEMENT of such necessities.
If He is the Savior of the World, WHY would His death (in direct obedience to His Father's Plan) make that time of day/night Unlucky?
I ask as I have seen this in print several times on this site, and I honestly do not understand. I should think, that in the completion of the prophesy that states that He WOULD die for us, that would be a time of complete REJOICING. He did what was promised, he BECAME the Lamb.
I am sorry to post this here, as it is the last comment that I had a question about. Anyone is free to answer, you can use one of MY pages to answer (it WOULD be safe there, as I am asking the question) if you so choose.
Thank you.
wanderer (6 stories) (71 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-02)
I don't know if you were possesed or not that night, but to be honest there are other parts of your story and reply that seem more worrying. First off, if you're feeling sad or depressed, don't go out drinking. Alcohol is a depressant and it will make you feel worse. Second in your reply you said you don t like to look in the mirror cause you think what happened was your fault. It wasnt. You shouldnt be ashamed or upset with yourself. Finally, since you said you think about cutting and suicide, I strongly encourage you to see a doctor and get help. I'm saying this as someone who had to go through all that crap to. You deserve to live your life happy and without fear. Feel free to email me if you need someone to talk to. I hope things get better for you.
CutieTammy17 (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-02)
Well that's really bad cause 3:33 is the time where jesus was crucified and that hour is very unlucky... And I am the amazed at the texts you sent you must have been possesed... 
againsarahan (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-01)
Hi...
Every reputable book I've ever read by a responsible psychic, investigator, or healer advises absolutely against indulging in drugs or alcohol whether you suspect your demons are real or imagined. If they are separate entities, you are opening yourself to their influence and/or possesssion, and if they are physical and mental manifestations then obviously you can not afford to unbalance yourself further. It sounds to me as if you have a serious problem with drinking, as evidenced by your clinical accounting of what you gauge your normal responses and your "safe" level of drunkeness to be. You are not casually interested; you sound as if you are giving yourself a false sense of control over your alcohol usage. They don't call it "Demon" Rum for nothing, my friend. And here you are wondering if you should try the experiment again in the name of scientific (false control) research? Oh, please, please get REAL and tackle the booze before you do anything else. And try checking out Echo Bodine ("Relax, It's Only A Ghost") or Caroline Myss ("Anatomy Of The Spirit"),or Hazel Denning ("True Hauntings"). Your local library can help you find any of them, or help you order from another library. All of these authors have very good insights on addiction and the part it can play in surrendering your autonomy to entities that definitely are not your friends.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-31)
I really think Alcohol played a big part in this. I'm not trying to doubt you in anyway or criticize this story. But, honestly I think thee booze heightened everything that happened.

I would really lay off the stuff for a while, or keep it to a minimum. You are of legal age right?
nmg5789 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-30)
that is a very scary story. I do not think you are stupid or being over dramatic. I am a very emotional person myself and I am a christian and I believe in God with everything inside me. I believe that the devil does try to take advantage of us when we are at our weakest point because we are so vunerable, but I also believe that God has and always will over power evil in the world. If you put your faith and trust in the Lord he will protect you no matter what
carri (1 stories) (9 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2008-10-30)
Well I think you really did see him lucifer, and sometimes we see things better with drugs or alcohol. I am a christian psychic. I have seen him too as a child and he was terrifing. I still shudder when I think of the event. My daugher chrissy keeps seeing him in my trailor here in Illinois. He has come several times to her. He tells her he is going to kill me her mother and my son dreamed I died in my trailor. One night I became sick I had a small seizure. I was sick. I feel asleep and chrissy saw a lot of paranomal activity. The lights flickered on and off. A blue mist enclosed my bedroom. Orbs were flying around the bed. Demons were marching in and out of the room about 20 or them ripped black clothes stinky smelly clothes. The devil was trying to go inside of me when I was asleep and I tell you that night I was so Ill I wanted to go to the hospital but couldn't get anyone to help me. Too sick to call 911
The devil said he was going to make sure I died in this trailor this year. So my daughter is afraid he will kill me. The spririt world is real I have seen it and the devil is real. Do beware he tried to hurt you that night you channeled him through alcohol and he was probly at that location where you went demons can roam the earth. They can reside in locations. I would not go back to that place again he probly is waiting there for a victim. Beware brother of that area and watch yourself. Pray man. Pray the lords prayer and for st. Michael to protect you.
Carri
Luca (1 stories) (83 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-30)
Dude, I honestly think you were a bit paranoid... Maybe it was the alcohol? We tend to act pretty weird under the influence, so I wouldn't be surprised if booze was the cause of this.

In both your stories' introduction, you've mentioned the religion you belong to, it strikes me odd that you would automatically think Satan has it in for you. I apologize, either you are a hardcore Catholic (which I highly doubt) or haven't paid enough attention during mass.
curiousgal99 (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-30)
I never knew that 3:33 was the time for demons to come about and mock God. I mean I saw the exorcism of emily rose and I think that time was 3, wasn't it? I just remember looking at the clock at 3:33 and getting extremely scared.

The alcohol was unopened (the rapper was still on, had a bottle cap that pops) and this friend is somewhat trustworthy. I doubt he would have managed to sneak any other drugs into my drink. I have definately been stressed out lately. Could that have played a part?

I am not one to go get help, and I definately don't want to get put on medication again. My mom caught me cutting last year and sent me to two councilers, a priest and a psychiatrist. I just don't want to go through that again. Yes I have made horrid mistakes, think what you want.

Im sorry I forgot to open my mind up to the fact that it was probably not the devil. That's just exactly the person I think I pinned it on when I was drunk. He is the prince of darkness, and my text messages seemed so close to the description of the devil that I have always been taught. I apologize if the heading of this story was misleading.

This friend and I don't talk anymore. Well actually, I won't talk to him. Just looking at him makes me sick because it reminds me of everything. Even looking in the mirror is difficult sometimes, knowing that its my fault. He told me that I'm overreacting and that it was nothing. He said to just forget about it. It makes me angry that he thinks of it as nothing.

My religion goes as this: God exists, and therefore the devil exists. I can't put it any other way. But I like your point of view. I can see how evil is created by humans.

It is still difficult to sleep. Maybe my worst enemy is my thoughts? On the nights that I am extremely tired I keep jumping awake. It is very hard for me to fall asleep. I should have been born into a nocturnal world or something. When I wake up I am always startled and scared but I have always been the calm kid.

To be honest I am an extremely happy bubbly giggly person when I'm drunk. I have never experienced fear and sadness to that level really. That's why it pretty much caught me off guard. I also wonder if I should get drunk again to see if I get the same reaction, just to check? I'm scared though, and I doubt its a smart idea. It was just a thought. I really just want to find out if its simply me being drunk (no doubt its a large factor) or if something is messing with me.

Thank your for your comments, please keep them coming:]

-katty.
Oglegen (6 stories) (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-30)
You did the right thing writing to this site, and thanks for writing a good story.

IF the Devil exists (I don't personally believe that he does. I believe evil exists, but it is created by humans) he would not waste his time targeting, addressing or attacking one human being - he would more likely be conducting the helm of universal evil in a way that was totally imperceptible to the human mind. This means you may have been slightly paranoid at the time (possibly alcohol or drug induced? Or maybe your drink was spiked?) because what you describe sounds like a typical psychotic episode. If you are sure it's nothing to do with alcohol or drugs, then it possibly could be caused by something paranormal of spiritual. Even if it is caused by a bad entity, you are just as powerful in your own faith as any of these demons/spirits/ghosts (whatever you believe) who are attacking you. Even if the synchronicity of the occurrence (3.33am being a demon time) seems against you, it could easily just be a naughty or ill-intended spirit with nothing else to do except wait until this time to scare you MORE and because of your catholic faith, play on your guilt about being a "lapsed" catholic. Don't believe it. You know that fear feeds these beings and may cause you, in your fear, to perceive it as more powerful than it actually is. Turn to your faith, deal with your guilt issues (counselling? Psychotherapy? Medications?) and let us know how you get on. I wish you all the best.

Ogle
SnailBug (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-30)
I would recommend that you not drink so heavily anymore, as the alcohol appears to cause you some potentially serious problems.
Nevadaghosthunter (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-30)
OK,
All religions aside, and I am not mocking religion, but I have a down to earth comment to make. Who gave you the drinks and did they put something else in them besides alcohol? I come from a law enforcement background and I can tell you that more often then not, some loser has laced an innocent victim (like yourself) with a drug in their drink.
Most times it is an hallucinogenic or an imobilizer.
Be careful who you hang with next time.
Laura1103 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-30)
I think you should turn to your religion because what you tell in your story is not stupidity or drunkness. And I agree with most of the people on this site, your texts seem to well put together. I'm not going to say I'm the perfect Christian but I do know a little bit and I know that the devil only comes to kill, destroy and to lie. The only thing I can think of is to pray to God and he will see you through 😊
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-30)
Has something stressful/difficult happened to you recently or in the past?

I too can be a light weight. I try not to drink too much. When I've had 3-4 of the "hard stuff", I tend to get paranoid and sad. Often I get upset that my grand-parents have passed away. Then I feel "guilty" that I have drank so much and feel they are "watching me" or "would not be happy with my decisions". I sometimes refer it to "Lutheran Guilt" (I'm not a "regular practicing Lutheran" anymore, similar to how you said "not a good catholic").
Did any of that make sense? Sorry if it seems like a ramble

I wouldn't be scared to fall asleep. I know it may be difficult considering what happened, but maybe if you have a good nights rest it may clear your mind and give you a fresh perspective.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-30)
What were you drinking to have got you into a state like that? My dad over did on drink once, I mean my dad could drink back in the days, but on this particular occassison he really went for it, he was pretty down as well, he has been through a lot. He freaked out that night saying that he could see some woman she was getting into his mind, she was scaring him, driving him mad, he was talking a lot of weird stuff, I mean he totally freaked. Eventually he fell asleep. He has been fine since, mind you he stays of the booze. I would also like to know why you thought it was satan. Has anything else happened since then. Are you sleeping now?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-30)
Stupidity?
Yeah, no. If this is something that is truly on your mind, there is no stupid situation or question.
Glad you can admit to mistakes. We all make them, that is how we learn.
Now I have a really serious question. Why did you conclude that this MUST have been the devil?
Your texts do not say that, you did not mention it in the beginning of the story, and no where does it seem to point straight at the devil himself being there.
Anger, yes.
Self destruction, definitely.
Guilt, negativity, confusion, panic, yes.
What caused you to first decide it MUST be him?
Thank you.
dphoek (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-30)
Difficult to judge. It is known that too much alcohol can cause psychotic episodes. This experience has many similarities with a psychotic episode. When you scare bad enough, adrenalin overpowers the effects of the alcohol so to speak. That could explain the coherent messages. I'm absolutely not suggesting that you're a drama queen; it could be that there was indeed a presence, but that the alcohol influenced you're perception and maybe made you react heavily to this presence. It's a shame your friend didn't see anything, that would've made it easier...
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-30)
It was a lesson on staying sober for a while,don't you agree?. Humanity is attacked by demons when we are at our most vulnerable. Alcohol opens us up to all kinds of doorways. 4 drinks may not seem a lot, but it's obviously enough. The texts sound pretty put together. I think you need to pray, stay away from booze for a while, and relax. Getting stressed out over this only makes you more confused, more vulnerable. Don't dwell on it. If was was a demonic attack, you don't want to give it more power. Keep me posted. Check out my questions and answers page on my web site www.ghost-e.com. I started the web site to help. Blessings, Ghostseer

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: