You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Evil Doppleganger

Real Ghost Stories

Evil Doppleganger

 

What happened three years ago during summer break was the most terrible of all things to happen to me. I don't know if I had an o.b.e but something but something of evil intent was there.

It was 6:30a.m and I in my room talking on the phone with my girlfriend for about 30 minutes making it 7:00a.m. Since everyone was out of the house but me I could talk to her for a while. I was wide-awake and the next minute I felt so tired so I decided to get some rest. When I awoke it was 9:15a.m I had a light up radio clock so I saw the time. It was dark because it was night time and I started getting up out of my bed and moving to my bathroom I caught on to this and tried to prevent it but then my body gave in and let it happened.

I appeared in my bathroom and walked across the bathroom mirror. I noticed I didn't see my reflection. But when I went back I saw a reflection of me but it wasn't. I had a white shirt and my reflection had a blue shirt my eyes iris are hazel, a brownish greenish amber like color, my reflections was blood red. It was staring at me covered in blood. It was looking so evilly like he wanted to kill me I couldn't move away I was frozen still

This is where it gets horrible the reflection starts talking to me.

It starts saying "why are you afraid of yourself?" I couldn't talk but I tried to reply to it in my mind. I said myself? "I linger inside of you; I am the one who will corrupt you" Now I started to worry because now I know it has control over my body. I said where did you come from? It replies "I am from all of the hatred you have over everything which I feed from for power an soon I will have enough to kill you!"

So I said if you're apart of me right killing me means you die too no?

Saying this ticks the thing off! Now it's grinning and chuckling "you are correct but you are still a fool..." Its hands looked like it was reaching out of the mirror towards me and it touched my shoulder I felt dizzy as if I lost a lot of blood then it said " you will see what I will become... But first see what I am now!".

The vision he showed me was so horrible I never told my family. It was some sort of deformed beast with four eyes and a big horn its left arm was bony and little while the right was big and pulsing. Its legs were connected like a big tail and it looked like it was growing. It looked decayed and rotten but it was alive and the vision disappeared the thing in the mirror yelled "begone!" I had my control back and I ran outside my house and waited for my parents to come home.

I never told anyone about this because I thought if what it saying is true then it does linger in me, but I will always deny it is.

Other hauntings by Tre

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tre, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ghostlysmile (guest)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-21)
It was a demon, you should do some cleansing in the house, or you can just do a simple thing, just recite a hym before and after going to bed, don't think negetive just be positive, and most important believe in God

Be safe 😁

Ghostlysmile
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-09)
-Tre-

I experienced something somewhat similar about 3 years ago. I was in the bathroom which had a large mirror and I got the urge to stare into my reflection all of a sudden. I looked at myself for about 10 seconds when my image changed suddenly into what looked like some weird demonic/negative entity. This only happened once to me. I am a female and this thing had the appearance of a female except it was naked and it had gray really rough looking skin with many gouges or scars in it. It had black shiny eyes that had no white part to it just all black. It also had black really wild crazy unkept long hair. I just saw it look at me and smile with sharp teeth and disappear. I just thought what the heck was that?! I just assume it was some sort of really negative spirit of some sort that was delighted that I could see it. I did not get scared because it is REALLY BAD to give fear to these sorts of spirits... Kind of like fear recharges their batteries. I just prayed a bit for protection and went about my day with no further incident. I've had to deal with spirits from a very early age and it has helped me learn some very important DO's and DON'T's around them, especially one being to not show fear towards them.

-Sydney ❤ 😊 ❤
encartaphile (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-02)
Honestly, it sounds like a demon who wants you to think it's your "dark half" so you will accept it and not fight it. Regardless, you shouldn't accept it, because doing so will give it power. The more power it has, the more frustration and hatred you will feel, and it will just become this nasty, viscous circle that will suck you in until you're not even you anymore. Don't get angry at it. Try not to be afraid of it. Love yourself and focus on positive, enjoyable activities. It sounds corny but it's important that if something negative is paying attention to you to eat right and sleep right so that you always "leave something in the tank". Things like that can wait around for you to be mentally or physically too weak to deal with them. Best of luck! I hope everything turns out ok.
MattM (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-17)
It's possible that this doppelganger wasn't really a doppelganger, but your dark self- your shadow, if you will. I believe every person has a shadow. All your anger, hatred and other things you suppress and deny about yourself probably manifested.
If this is indeed your shadow, then you need to keep in mind that the thing you saw was you, your dark self. I have no idea how to get rid of it. Maybe if you can accept that as you or as a part of you, then it might ease up, but I don't know for sure.
Wish I could help you out more. 😕
iDObelieve (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-14)
Thanks for sharing, sounds like a demon for sure, the vision he showed you, it sounds very frightening, its good that it never appeared again, that must mean that you did something to get rid of it.
Phantom94 (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-14)
Sounds like a demon... It was a crepy story, but it's kind of interesting too? 😕
Well,do you know that doppleganger isn't a good thing? All I know is, if you see a doppleganger, it means that you're in a danger... I don't want to make you scared but, I once heard a story that there's someone died after seeing a doppleganger (of herself of course)...Well, it seems like a doppleganger is something that warns you about a danger that would be happen to you... It could be an illness,death,or sometimes, someone that you love die... I have no idea about what would be happen to you though...
I'm sorry, but that's all I can do to help you... Don't forget, keep God in your mind, soul, and heart...
God bless you 😁
Phantom94 (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-14)
Sounds like a demon... It was a creepy story, but it's kind of interesting too? 😕
Well,do you know that doppleganger isn't a good thing? All I know is, if you see a doppleganger, it means that you're in a danger... I don't want to make you scared but, I once heard a story that there's someone die after seeing a doppleganger (of herself of course)...Well, it seems like a doppleganger is something that warns you about a danger that would be happened to you... It could be an illness,death,or sometimes, your relative's death... I have no idea about what would be happen to you though...
I'm sorry, but that's all I can do to help you... Don't forget, keep God in your mind, soul, and heart...
God bless you 😁
kwghost (1 stories) (40 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-13)
hey thanks for sharing your experience with us and I should tell you that rumor says is you see your own doppelganger you would be having an omen of death soon... I hope you manage to escape that... Good luck
WatchingInTheMirrors (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-25)
I've had something like that happen to me. A few years back I had a weird dream about my bathroom mirror. To be honest I'm really not sure it was a dream it seemed so real. (I have a bathroom that conects to my room). I got out of bed and go to the bathroom for no reason. I still don't know why I wanted to go in there so badly, I didn't have to go. Anyway, when I would get to the bathroom I wouldn't turn the light on instead I'd just stand there looking at my reflection. At first it was just my reflection looking back at, but then I would see something out of the corner of my eye and look behind me. When I would turn back around to the mirror it still looked like me but it WAS NOT me. The thing in the mirror was pale and almost see through with glowing red eyes. I don't usualy get freaked out by this kind of thing but something about it made me terrified. The way it was staring at me was a death glare like none I've ever seen before. I wanted to move, but I couldn't bring my self to. After what seemed like forever of just staring baack at it I fillany was able to move. I ran screaming back to my bed and covered up my head (not the smartest thing to do). I tried to go back to sleep and not uncover my head, but when I was about to fall asleep something started breathing right by my ear. I waited and hoped it would go away but it didn't. I finally got the courage to uncover my head to find nothing there. The breathing didn't stop though it only moved farther away to the other side of the room. When it got quite again I tried once more to go to sleep but started seeing black shapes move around in the shadows. I walked out of the room and selpt in my moms room the rest of the night. Apparently I'm not the only one who has trouble with this at my house. My 7 year old sister comes and finds me late at night about once every month. She's sound asleep walking with her eyes open to find me no matter where I am in the house. When I ask her what she's doing she always says someones talking in her room. The next morning when she's awake I asked her again about it and she had no idea what I was talking about. About a week later my 8 year old cousin came over to have a sleepover with my sister. She to came and got me. I woke up wih her standing over my bed. When I asked her what she was doing she said my sister was gone. I waved my hand infront of her face and she didn't act like she saw it at all. I realized at once that she too was sleep walking. I followed her back into my sisters room to find my sister asleep on the bed. My cousin turned to me and said "Erica (my name), I swear I looked. She wasn't there, I swear,". I just shook my head and told her to go back to sleep. The next night I decided I would sleep in her room to see what those two where talking about. I've never slept walked in my life, but when I woke up in the morning I was in my own room.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
This was a very weird story and I do hope you get some help with this! I believe that this demon comes from inside you... Possibly from things that have gone on in your life. This seems to be a mental thing rather than a paranormal one. We all have them, so I hope you are better now.
Stacers (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-10)
honey that is probably the worse thing I have ever heard! Oh my I think the only bad sleep paralysis I have ever had was one day after work I laid down and all these images of my mom dead at my feet but nothing quite as bad as yours. My goodness if that happened to me I would have been completely psycho. Get a dream book it coould be helpful or go to a psychic and have he or she read you cards it could or it could not you never know.
Tre (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-07)
I hardly ever felt unhappy, but I remember seeing the same image twice before in my life. When I was about six years old when I saw that very same image red eyes and teeth, but it had a yellow and blue stripped sweater. I was in the kitchen playing with my toys. I looked at my reflection on my microwave and that's when I saw it for the first time, I ran to my parents room. My mom said it was like "the night on elm street" to kid aorund with me, but I knew it was something else.

My old house always had paranormal activity, it probabaly just followed me when I moved out into my new house.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-06)
I agree with Tiggy and Tonith. Firstly, I don't believe in demons, so I'm going to say no to it being that. I have never in my life been attacked by a demon and I haven't seen any solid proof that they exist. I think it was a psychological response to insecurity and unhappiness with your inner self.

Blessings,
DA
LeDoosh (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-06)
No... I don't think it was your doppleganger, but it might have been a demon, possesion is a very difficult thing for a doppleganger to do and that is why I am naming it a demon 😁
Tre (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-30)
I can't really picture it out it was it seemed to look like me but then it felt like it wasn't at the same time. I'm sorry unknown but I can't picture it that well besides the eyes, teeth, and blood because it happened a long time ago. I read in books about dopplegangers. Is it true if they were to meet person to person they would be diminished? Because I thought it was my doppleganger. 😢 ill try and send a picture of myself and what I would look like with red eyes and stuff though when I get the time.
marcink125 (2 stories) (27 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-29)
It probably waa a demon. I wouldn't believe that psycho bable stuff about your inner demon.
Tre (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-29)
no I never saw it again, but it had sharp teeth, its iris was red, and it was covered in blood. So from what you are all saying means that was the reflection of my negative thoughts and wrong decisions? Or just maybe it was a demon trying to get in my head.
SwtNyx (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-29)
That was scary! Did you ever experience it again? Do you get dreams of such thing too?
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-29)
Definitely going with Tiggy on this one, you saw your own demon. What ever grudges you may hold / have get rid of them.
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-29)
This might been a demon, can you tell me what it looks like again, cause I don't get the appearance right in my mind. Draw a picture of it then paste it in the comment.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-28)
Again I have to agree with Tiggy. This is a self reflection so maybe it's time you sort out the things that have caused you to feel badly about yourself and others. Forgiveness is the key. Isn't always easy but we have to forgive ourselves and others because we are all human and fall short. Forgiveness sets us free. People don't think they have to forgive because they were not at fault but the truth of the matter is when you forgive you sever the emotional ropes that tie you to the person that hurt you. It heals you. All you have to do is put your pride aside. It's not a matter of who was wrong or right but a matter of letting it go and moving past it and forgivness does this.
Tiggy (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-28)
This was a reflection of your own self doubt and self loathing.

There is no evil being that is going to take over your life, or ruin you in some way.

Your worst enemy is yourself. This "creature" was the embodiment of that reality.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-28)
You really see yourself evil in the mirror while you were awake? I mean that strange I never do that.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: