You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: I Dreamt I Spoke To A Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

I Dreamt I Spoke To A Ghost

 

My name is Graeme and I tried to post a story before about a friend who was having ghost trouble but it didn't get published, but that's okay because I have more to put towards that story.

The story was that my friend was hearing footsteps in her hallway during the night, and she had an incident where a man was sitting on the end of her bed stroking her hand. She wanted me to get rid of it and I was asking for advice.

But.

I had a dream the other night where I was in a room and the lights were flickering so I put them off. I'd never been in this room before but I felt an overwhelming sense of fear. The voice of a man started talking to me and there was a little boy who wanted a hug.

I can't remember any of what the man said, but after describing the place to my friend it was her flat in which I described. Even though I have never set foot in her flat nor know how its layer out or anything.

I believe the voice of the man in my dream to be that of the ghost in her flat that she was having trouble with before hand.

I'm going to go to her flat for the first time this weekend to investigate and try to make contact with the ghost.

I just thought it was quite an interesting story and anyone's points of view or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Poko666, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Poko666 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-18)
well I'm not going to contact the spirit until I get some back round knowledge on the place.

I'm going there this weekend to get a feel of the place and see if me or frank (frank being my spirit guide) can pick anything up.

I'm not too worried about anything kicking off or any bad spirits coming through because I'm not going to make contact unless completely necessary. Also I have Frank to ward off any negative spirits.

I think that the spirit there may have been put there for a reason though.

Oh and does anybody know where I'd be able to get history on the building?

Local library doesn't have information on it.
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-18)
Being a mother, I at once zeroed in on the little boy wanting a hug. There's just something so heartbreaking about child entities that makes me feel like crying.

You mention that it appears to you that the man seems to be stuck in your friend's flat for some reason. One of the first things I always ask is if anyone has a 'feel' for the time frame of when this person might have lived.

This is why it helps so much to find out as much as you can regarding the property. If your friend's flat is relatively new, you need to try and discover what else might have been there in the past.

I, too, wonder what, if any, connection the little boy has to the man.
katie100 (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-18)
This is very interesting, but if your making contact with him you have to do it propaly beacuse it can bring bad spirits through and I'm sure your friend would't like that!
Xoxoxoxo
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-17)
Hi, I have same problem about post the story in pubish that they won't accpect it either. Your story sound interest.
Poko666 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-17)
also I'd like to point out that I've had dreams of spirits before this one aswell.

My late uncle, who was an alcoholic most of his life died when he went fishing.
I don't like to speak ill of the dead but he wasn't very involved in my life unless he needed something.

And a few months after he passed I was having a random dream about being in school. Then about half way through everything stopped and went white, he was standing in front of me and came towards me crying and gave me a hug and said he was sorry for the way he was and that he wished he'd done more with his life.
Poko666 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-17)
ok I'll start from the bottom comment and work my way up.

Im going to ask around about people who lived in her flat before I investigate and no I don't believe he did speak to her, I don't think that she gave him a chance to though. It was her first encounter of a spirit.

And I'm not sure where the boy fits in either, but he was there so maybe he's tied in with the man, but I don't really know.

The fear I felt was most definetly mine as I've had encounters before but none of that magnitude. You talk about the feeling I got from the spirit, the feeling I got from the spirit was that he didn't really want to be there but he didn't seem to have much of a choice in the matter.
Also I agree that her encounter and the little boy wanting a hug wasn't that of an unfriendly one. However she is very uneasy and finds it hard to stay there knowing that there is a spirit present.
I think its possible that he has maybe been put there to be a kind of guardian of some sort. As one of her sons (who doesn't live with her) is always getting into trouble of some sort. And the room that the spirit was in, in my dream was that of her other son who does live with her.
But hopefully I'll be able to get an idea when I visit this weekend.
raincolor (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-17)
Hello there,

Interesting story. I do believe that dreams have an element of truth to them; mine always seem to reveal some subconscious yet obvious truth about mine or others' lives. It is very interesting that you were able to dream of a location you'd never heard described before! I've heard similar stories, so I don't doubt it's possible.

As for the man's voice and the boy, perhaps you should think back and examine the "fear" you felt. Was it fear because you knew you were dealing with something paranormal -- or because you could sense an evil or unpleasant vibe, for lack of a better word? Identifying further with your emotions might give you more of an idea where to begin when you investigate the residence.

Somehow, although you describe feeling afraid, it seems to me that perhaps these spirits aren't really "evil," unless they're simply out to fool your friend. Hand stroking and wanting a hug seem like friendly gestures -- which, again, is why it might make sense to reexamine the fear you felt in your dream. I'd ask your friend to do the same. Whatever you do, use caution.

Take care. <3
kittythatsme (4 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-16)
If you are going to investigate, please be careful. Sometimes we can un-lock not so nice spirits in provoking or "investigating."

Like hobbyholly asked, is there anything to the history of the place...?

Maybe getting some facts before investigating would be a good starter.
Boston (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-16)
I'm a bit confused here, no offense. Can't figure out for the life of me where the boy looking for a hug fits in with the dream.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-16)
Has your friend looked into the history of her home/land before?

Is this your first encounter with something like this?

"she had an incident where a man was sitting on the end of her bed stroking her hand." Ok... Did he ever "speak" to her? Like he "spoke" to you?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: