You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Sleep Paraylsis Or Not?

Real Ghost Stories

Sleep Paraylsis Or Not?

 

It had been a long day... I was extremely tired that night. My family had a little party that I had to go to and I just hung out with my cousin playing Scrabble.

We got home around 11:30 that night so I just went straight to bed, my dream that night was very strange, it was based at my school and a girl who attended my school was talking to me, when it violently changed and it was a scrabble board that read out...

THE L_RD IS MY S_VIOR

I felt like something was asking me to answer it, so I finished the sentence and said in my head, "The Lord is my savior", and this very deep demonic voice screamed "NOOOOOO!" and my body started vibrating, well it felt like it was vibrating, and I couldn't move or talk. I forced my self to move, and eventually I threw myself out of the bed. I grabbed a cross and went to another bed and couldn't sleep in mine for two days...

Now my question is, is this sleep Paralysis or not, I feel like it probably is but, no one can seem to help me with this question.

For a while I have considered this to be possible possession, only because sleep paralysis happens very frequently but, the voice that I heard was so real,

It could have been, but I seek guidance.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LovelyXDEATH35, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Adventure_Ms_Aqua (10 stories) (71 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-26)
Well, I've been looking through many, many sites with this issue. There is obviously some scientific reasoning, and some spiritual reasoning.

The scientific reasoning is that maybe you had a weird sleep habit once, are stressed, and/or it's preventing you from acting out your dream. It happens whenever you are just going into the R.E.M. State, (the deepest stage of sleep where dreams occur), or coming out of it. In your case, you were coming out of it.

The spiritual guess, is about having your body be controlled by the ghost/spirit/demon. I've still never figured out which is which quite yet...

But, I do wish you well in trying to figure out your answer, and I hope this helped you. 😊

~AMA
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-25)
Teenage hormones, sleep paralysis, OBE, I can't really say. Again it's very common to hear voices when coming out of the dream state but yet not fully awake. I think when we have disturbing dreams it's usually do to some kind of stress going on in our lives. How people relate to it can be due to their religious beliefs or absence of them. I just don't hear atheists, deists, new agers, or spiritualists seeing demons because they don't believe in demons. Hence there are religions heavy in this area and the demons abound.
Christ_our_Lord (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-25)
Yeah, since I was a kid I've had plenty of sleep paralysis. This is not the case.
candykendi (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-25)
its not sleep paralysis by the way.:) and definitely not lucid dreaming. Its out-of-body experience. In your case, your spiritual body didn't really get all the way out since you forced it back. Trust me, it gets creepy seeing yourself sleeping on the bed. But uber cool once you understand it. Maybe you were thinking of scary stuff for that demon to show up.
candykendi (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-25)
hey, hi my name is eileen and I think you just had an out-of-body experience. I'm under research on it and I have been practicing it for a couple of months now. If you want to know more you can send me a mail.:) its completely harmless. Unless you think of something scary then you'll have something scary when you have OBE. And by the way, the vibrations are normal.:) it only means that your spiritual body is coming out of your physical body. There's really nothing to be scared about.
monty42 (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
I had a similar experience. It wasn't sleep paralysis. I used to get sleep paralysis as a kid all the time. Sleep paralysis is different than this experience.
Shinobi_Enryu (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
It sounds like a serious case of sleep paralysis. At times it may seem like it was real, but it really isn't. However, if it was up to me. I would have to say that was some form of a sign and or communication with another being, or something of that nature. But at the same time you were having this "incident", you did have symptoms of sleep paralysis; inability to move/speak, etc... So it's quite half and half. The human mind is quite intricate and complex. It is quite hard to pinpoint what actually was and or is happening. But I hope you are doing fine and I hope you won't go through it again. Take care.
DixieChick101 (4 stories) (53 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
No, I really don't think that was sleep paralysis. Hopefully, it was just a really bad dream. That felt real.

You said that the, Lord is YOUR Savior.

That's great. He is mine too. Keep Him in your heart... Always.

Dixie
Diyanuh (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
well I know that this is not sleep paralysis its just an evil entity and I can't help you with the god thing because I am atheist and I don't believe in the god or devil but still I say you get your room or house blessed with holy water like my mom did, just call a priest and tell him of he could do it for you.
Good story
Thanks for sharing
-diana 😁 :]
mlycourgos (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
I had the same experience. I cannot remember what the demon asked me but it had to do with God. In my experience I was trying to fall asleep but was not and the demon entered my body. I sometimes to this day cannot sleep with the lights off! 😨
galvon (142 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
i think... A demon gave you a choice... Believe in the lord and be saved... Or not believe... And be possed by a demon... I don't think this is a sleep paralysis... And when you said. The lord is my savior. The demon probly burned to his own realm or the spirit realm

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: