You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Creepy House

Real Ghost Stories

My Creepy House

 

There was a cover over the piano keys which was very hard to lift for some reason but around 2 and 4am it would start playing music from the late 1800's and no one in our house could play the piano other than the things we made up.

We always thought that out was haunted. We would never hear things but loose things left and right and we would also see shadows when we were all accounted for in the living room or shadows in the basement where no one went into.

My twin and older brother hared a room in which there was a big closet right across from their beds and the doors had been removed for whatever reason.

Now older brother who for the most part does not lie said my twin who has ADD, ADHA and a mental disorder, talked to a demon in our closet with glowing eyes and he sometimes sat up and stared into the closet. We were pretty scared hearing about this.

My room was across the hall which has two doors. The first one before a hallway in my room there was another cutting room and the hall in half.

Some nights I would just totally forget to shut the second door and I would see things moving around. I would sometimes see people I loved, who were close to me standing at my door with a bowl of food eating and staring. This would make me cry. Sometime I would see a form of myself.

Last week we were there for my mother who had a breakdown, crying and screaming saying she hated herself, she wanted to kill herself and that she was a bad mom and that she was worth nothing. (I feel the house had something to do with her breakdown).

We called out grandma and we moved out. The day we went back was to collect out belongings.

I do not know what the hell it was but I for one was glad to be out of there,

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hardcorepoweranger, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Thisisit (2 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-01-09)
FAKE! This story is such a fake I highly doubt any of this happened but still f*ck the people saying shiat about Him/Her you people are supposed to be here to help not judge f*cking pricks.
samitta (3 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-01-25)
hardcourtpowrranger you need english classes I did not understand your english at all! So please! Don't mind I'm just telling! 😉
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-09-05)
Mental illness does play a part, but we also have to try and help the people that come here. Just because one has ADD or ADHD doesn't mean that he would hallucinate.
Let's just try and give helpful advice to this person and move on.

Thank You Patch, your words are truthful

And for all the others that would dismiss such things from people with ADD or ADHD

Look before you leap, Think before you speak
angelfeathers (106 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-16)
Reneespring, we have differing perspectives/opinions on what the "issue" is. I don't think anyone is "skirting the issue." "We people" are defining it differently.

I never said that mental illness doesn't exist. I wrote, "... I'm NOT so certain that ALL cases of mental illness are due to biological/physiological imbalance." I stand by that assessment.

Do I believe that mental illness exists? Yes. Absolutely. However, I don't think that all behavior attributed to mental illness is due to mental illness. True demonic possession is exceedingly RARE, but it does occur, in my opinion.

I don't find your assertion "offensive," reneespring; but I would tell you that, in MY experience, sometimes seemingly "sound minds" can actually HARBOR "unwanted spirits."

We shall agree to disagree, shall we not?

A.
reneespring (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-15)
You people keep skirting the issue, but I know from experience that sound minds can repel unwanted spirits. You may think that is offensive, but is it offensive to say that strong immune systems fight off infection & disease?
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-15)
Hardcorepowerranger:

Clearly your family members have some health issues (PLEASE PLEASE that wasn't meant to be offensive, you yourself said your brother has ADD/ADHD...so I think we're on the same page with that. I meant NO DISRESPECT).

Spirits etc. (so I've heard and believe) can "feed" off those having a stressful time in their life or depression. I don't know your families predicament (wether financial or health related or personal). I think whatever was "in" this house was feeding off all of you including your mother.

I don't know if you'll return to read further comments, but it is good to hear your family has moved on. I hope all is well with you and family members.

Quick question: is the house vacant now?
Patch (3 stories) (91 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-14)
Mental illness does play a part, but we also have to try and help the people that come here. Just because one has ADD or ADHD doesn't mean that he would hallucinate.
Let's just try and give helpful advice to this person and move on.
reneespring (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-14)
Not that I don't believe that paranormal things can happen... It is just that I don't believe everything I read or hear. I am not saying this story is false, just that mental illness could play a part.
reneespring (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-14)
Also, wouldn't we be going back to the dark ages if mental illness was automatically interpreted as demonic possession? I guess that kind of thinking keeps modern day TV exorcists (holy?) -rolling in the dough!
reneespring (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-14)
I think Ed and Lorraine Warren were part of that Amytiville hoax. Http://tinyurl.com/pscelc
angelfeathers (106 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-14)
Hey, y'all -- let's try to play nice, okay? Being flippant or sarcastic when someone has confessed to having a problem isn't helpful or respectful. It's painful, and it can cause people to withdraw. That's not what we're seeking here.

(I realize that teens love sarcasm, but it isn't appropriate on this site, as people reveal parts of their personal lives. And no, I'm not a moderator; but this needed to be addressed.)

Until recently -- the last two centuries, which is "recent," in terms of human history -- mental illness was often associated with demonic possession. We know more about brain chemistry and neurology today; but I'm not so certain that all cases of mental illness are due to biological/physiological imbalance.

That said, I DO believe that some negative behavior can be attributed to demonic possession. It's real. I've seen its effects.

Hardcorepowerranger, there are other documented instances of demonic presence causing some of the activity you describe. Extreme sadness, depression, the appearance of "imposters" (for lack of a better word), poltergeist activity, voices. If you want some case info, do some research on Ed and Lorraine Warren.

I'm glad you escaped the house, and even gladder that the presence didn't follow you. Bless you for your strength and forebearance and your willingness to share your story. I've been where you are, and you WILL come through this a stronger person. Hang in there!

A.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-14)
Like I said will not mention what ones are real or not, I do not want to cause a huge fight with the owners saying its not fake, so none will be mention.
Dantheman (7 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-14)
well wich ones? Here ill make is easy for you. Do you think mine are false? Cause I can tel you right now, I have pictures of john in the hospital, and of my protecter, on my fone. So I'm just letting you know. 😜
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-14)
well if you pay attention to some unlike the sites workers, they tiny details that can show the bigger part. Hardcorepoweranger, your story I know is true, and sorry for getting people off the story subject.
Dantheman (7 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-14)
no since you said that you have to tell us what ones, what fair kind of thing would that be, we all no some of these are fake, but to whome are you directing that statement
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-14)
eather way, any one know of a better ghost site with better mangament that can tell between true and false stories? I been paying close to some of these stories and some that were told to me that was denied. Out of what I came out with, 62% of stoies on here is true, not saying what ones due to no fights wanted.
Dantheman (7 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-14)
oh I know you deal with them, I wasnr being funny at all. I know about skin walkers too so yea, I was just making a teensy joke
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-14)
Nothing funny Dantheman, I call them skin walkers due to the fact that no one really know the proper name. And I deal with skin walkers everyday due to the fact they the most common spirits.
Dantheman (7 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-14)
patch, yes he does love them, he infact has a whole closet devoted to skinwalkers... Creepy lol
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-14)
Patch, for the changing of a person is very easy to explain. Not always but if a person sees somthing that is had to believe and tell others, they won't belive. This will cause a person to keep trying to tell and each time they don't believe them, the person keeps changing to the worst.
Patch (3 stories) (91 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-13)
Zoajet you really love them skin walkers don't you?

There are many stories about houses that somehow change people. Just completely change them, can turn the sweetest person into some kind of of psycho.
I cannot however explain the people you saw that looked like people in your family, it could've just been your imagination or they could've looked similar. Also if you saw them when you were sleepy they could've been a part of a bad dream.

It's good that you guys moved out.
Jitow (362 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-13)
You could will this thing to visit reneespring and see how her medication holds out. And please say it was a skinwalker for Zoajet's sake.
reneespring (148 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-05-12)
It sounds to me like the whole family may suffer from mental illness. I have found that medication can help greatly. Give it a try!
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-12)
skin walkers is a shapshifer. It can change what it looks like andcan cause harm.
Saurian89 (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-12)
It sounds to me like that house was a gateway to the spirit world. I'd be
Scared crazy right now. 😨
mgtor (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-12)
zoajet I am not sure what a skin walker is however I have heard of demons that would take form of someone you know to play with your mind and do harm on to you. I have also heard that bad spirits are not only in homes but can be trapped in things, objects like the piano for instance. I am not sure if you ever experience hauntings that began when one brought a piece of old furniture or antic item into their home but I have. So my question to the publisher was have they done research on the home or found out where the piano came from. They mentioned the piano would play on its own music form the 1800's so that could be a clue don't you think?
gothprincess149 (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-12)
That was creepy, especially the demon in the closet. And your mom's breakdown was definetly associated with this somehow. It's good that you moved out! ❤
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-12)
so mgtor, you basicly saying this is an skin walker? But you are lucky for moving out also.
mgtor (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-12)
Creepy...obviously it was a bad entity who could take form of anyone to confuse you and play with your emotions. Depression was a sign of it being a bad entity. I am glad all of you moved out. Did you ever research the history of that house? Or where did the piano come from? Maybe the entity was attached to the piano.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: