You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Dunraven Drive 2

Real Ghost Stories

Dunraven Drive 2

 

I have always felt as though I was different from my friends and classmates in some way. I never really realized why until I began high school. I met someone that made me feel as though I could talk about my personal experiences with, and she shared hers with me as well. It was a very freeing experience. But this is a story for a different website, and a different time.

There were a couple things that happened to me in this house that were my experiences and mine alone. Pictures would turn upside down on walls and stay that way until I called for someone to come and see. Not only pictures, but crosses, which I feel now were a very evil thing for the spirits or entities to do.

Two experiences in particular are very vivid in my memory.

The first was on a night after my baby sister was moved out of my room and into her own. At this point, I was used to being alone in my room at night, and I loved the fact that I finally had my own room! I would sit up all night with a flashlight and read books under my blankets, careful not to disturb anyone, and making sure to silently click off my flashlight and roll over if I should hear any footsteps outside my door. I had a giant net across one corner of my ceiling filled with stuffed animals that I had collected over the years. I would pick one, usually a bright green triceratops that "roared" when you squeezed it around the abdomen, and sit with it under one arm while I read.

This particular night, I was reading "Night of the Living Dummy," an old Goosebumps book, like the original series written by R. L. Stein. I have never had much fear for anything in my life, save the ocean and dolls. Goosebumps books were never really realistic enough to frighten me, though. So, I was under my covers reading this book, and I remember hearing footsteps, so I immediately clicked my flashlight off and rolled over. My door opened, stayed open for a brief moment, and then closed again. I snickered, having obviously outsmarted my parents again. I tossed the covers around a bit, and then clicked my flashlight back on, excited to finish the chapter I was on before I went to sleep for the night. As I was finishing up a sentence, my flashlight went out. I sat there thinking, "Oh, no... I can't get up and get batteries..." so I tapped the end of it, quietly as I could, on the palm of my hand. I was looking down into the flashlight as I tapped it, hoping that it would come back on. When it did not, I let out a frustrated grunt and tossed it to the floor. To my surprise, the light came back on! I leaned over and scooped it up off the ground, careful not to tumble out of bed, for fear of alerting my parents. If I had known what was about to happen, I would have happily plopped my bottom right on to the ground as hard as I could.

From this point, I remember hearing someone whispering near the wall off the foot of my bed. Thinking to myself, "It's just your imagination," I peaked my head from under the covers to reassure myself that I was just imagining things. I was shocked and terrified to find two men, very solid looking standing at the foot of my bed. I dropped my flashlight on the ground, and my jaw nearly fell as far. I thought to myself, "Someone has broken into our house, and they're going to take me!" I tried to yell for my parents, but all I could manage were some dumb sounding, weak squeaking noises, which didn't alert my parents, but it sure alerted these "men" that were in my room. Their whispering stopped, and it was like they look towards me, but through me. I tried so hard to see what they looked like... I can remember clear as day. Both were very tall, with no faces, no eyes, and they were completely silhouetted. (I suppose looking back; the best explanation I can come up with for them would be "shadow people").

One of them stretched his hand towards me, reaching all the way over my bed, and towards my face. As he leaned across, I think that he bumped into my stuffed animal net, because one of the corners fell free, and over half of the toys fell onto my bed. The "man" touched my face, and he whispered to me, "It's alright, child." At this point, I'm sweating bullets, and crying silently. I was totally petrified, and I could not make a sound. It was like something had hold of my vocal cords, but wasn't choking me. I did the only thing I could think to do... I threw my book in their general direction, and began squeezing the living hell out of that triceratops stuffed animal that made noise. My door flew open, and my mother ran in, just as the "men" disappeared. She saw them, too, but only for a brief second.

My mother was a wreck. Asking me why I didn't yell for her, and how long were they here and this and that, making the situation much worse for me. I know now that she was so afraid that they were going to hurt me that she snapped at me. This was a little insane. We still, to this day, have no idea who they were or why they wanted to visit me, but they were there, and solid enough to send my stuffed animals from the ceiling to my bed below.

The second experience was much like the first, with several key differences. I was sleeping in this same room, alone, and was abruptly awoken by a crashing sound. Being terrified that it was something else come to visit me in the night, I pulled my blankets up over my head. I heard a rumbling or growling sound, again, near the foot of my bed. I didn't dare look. The growling grew louder. Again, I could not bring myself to pull the covers low enough to even peek at whatever it was down there. I figured, if I ignored it, it would go away on its own. This was, until I began to feel like someone, or something was stepping on my bed. I could hear the growling and the bed creaking downwards as this thing made its way, very slowly towards me. By the point that this thing was completely over top of me, I was crying. I moved my blanket down very slowly to glimpse what was keeping me from getting away. I opened my eyes. What I saw standing over me was like nothing I had ever seen in real life or on television, and I was an avid animal planet and discovery channel fan.

The best way I know to describe this creature is like a huge dog, possibly a wolf, with the head of a lion, mane and all. It was nearly the size of my bed. I only looked at it for a second before I let go the loudest, most blood-curdling scream that I have ever in my life, even to this day. This creature then put one paw on my right shoulder, and one on my forehead, forcing my eyes to remain open. I screamed again. I felt a sharp pain over one eyebrow, and felt something very warm and wet falling down my face. I screamed again. This time I screamed my mother's name. About 15 seconds later, again, as to door opened, this thing disappeared. My mother did not see it this time, but what she did see startled her greatly. I had a cut above my eye, right over my eyebrow.

To those of you that know anything about facial injuries, you know that they bleed a ridiculous amount in comparison to the size and deepness of the cut. There was blood on about 65% of my pillowcase. There is no noticeable scar today, as I grew quite a bit, and it disappeared with time, but it was definitely there, and there was definitely a weird wolf-lion standing over me on my bed, staring me down like it wanted me for dinner. I have never seen this creature again, in life or in stories. (And just for closure's sakes, my mum didn't yell at me this time, I had blood all over me. She was madder that she didn't come the first time I screamed.)

Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by Jessica_Rabbit

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jessica_Rabbit, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-23)
-Jessica_Rabbit-

A wolf-lion really sounds like something straight out of mythology. I did find a story where a woman saw a shadow imp that took the shape of a lion. That is the first thing I thought of with the story you wrote on here.

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=2976

"Imp Shaped Shadowy Figure" by chelleck.

I have seen some strange non-human spirits before, so I am especially facinated by stories of people seeing imps and other sorts of strange creature spirits. I'm just glad that you were not seriously harmed though. I hope one day you can find a reference to what that thing might have been.

-Sydney ❤ 😊 ❤
waterLily (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-28)
Google 'Pazuzu'. This sounds like the demon that apparently possessed the girl in The Exorcist movie. At least some similarities seem apparent to me.
Ghostluver (4 stories) (123 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-17)
you must have been really brave to have stayed in that room 😊

❤ may all lost souls rest in peace ❤
melikas (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-16)
It looks like someone opened a portal to a lower realm in your room before you moved in. Hopefully, you never feuled the fire by using a ouija board during your time growing up.
bm77136 (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-16)
That was an incredible story and thank you for sharing it! You must have been a brave little girl to keep sleeping in that room by yourself.
Ghostluver (4 stories) (123 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-16)
5 words- MOVE OUT OF THAT ROOM! I think that you are very lucky to have even survived that awful happening!
Chaos (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-15)
well the first one sounds like the only reason the men were there had absolutely nothing to do with you. Lucky you I guess considering they were nice enough to tell you that everything was alright. Not many ghosts that want to harm people tell them "Its alright" I got to admit that would be a cliche movie antic before they stab you. So the first one may have been that they were there for a different reason. The second one could be a interesting thought though.

Thinking about it did the "man" touch you around the place you got the wound? If so then I could think that the creature that gave it to you was there trying to track the shadow men. Kind of like a ghost hound to track ghosts or something. For some reason it could have been mistaken identity if that is the case and the spirit energy was still on you and the creature was drawn to it. Creepy all the same I have had a few encounters with spirit animals and yes I was young and it scared the living day lights out of me.
nightangel (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-14)
After reading this remarkable story, both parts in fact, I must say that waht comes to mind is the Sphinx, albeit a little different. Our Egyptian sphinx has the face of a woman, body of a lioness/ dog. So why couldn't this creature be from some other dimension where they still exist... For the Egyptians to have made this thousands of years ago, the must 've gotten their inspiration from SomeWHere!

Makes one wonder... The story was an excellent read, though.

Stay strong. 😊
Nightangel.
Jessica_Rabbit (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-13)
Yeah, a LOT of stuff happened in this house, the rest of which I will post soon, but it's really hard to work out all of the details accurately, as it happened so long ago. It comes out sounding funny if I don't think about what I am saying in my head before I type it up, and I work a lot so it's difficult for me to get time to write here. I hope to publish a book some day of everything that I've had happen in the paranormal sense. I seem to be rather sensitive to this like this. It's funny though, it hasn't really affected my normal daily lifestyles. I mean, sure it was scary at the time, but I guess I feel like I have to take everything in stride, and go on with my life. I'm a really happy person, all the time, and I don't have time to let negativity affect me in a bad way. I lose money if I lose my motivation! XD

As for the strange creature, I have attempted to find similar things online, and haven't come up with anything. It's more bothersome to be because I love wolves and dogs, and I really dislike cats, so to have the two combined is like an oxymoron.

And you're right, the men probably meant no harm (I assume they were late relatives or something), but it was scary!

I do still experience paranormal activity on occasion in my adult life, but nothing nearly as bad as when I was a child, or even a teenager. I suppose that children, being so innocent, are more attuned to the earth and spirit, and that's why the activity has decreased with my age, but I try to remain as innocent as possible. I've grown used to the fact that I see spirits and I try to help them when I do now. Ignoring them never helped, it just made them irritated with me.

It's a small price to pay for being able to walk into a place and tell someone they may or may not have an issue.:]

Thank you all for your comments, and I look forward to writing more, probably this weekend!
KittyChymira (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-13)
That sounds a lot like things that have happened to me once my sister was old enough to move out of our shared bedroom. Lucky for me, the animal that visited me didn't hurt me, or even try to, but that story will definitely come in another installment of my insanity.

I did used to wake up with razor-precise cuts on parts of my body that I simply wouldn't have been able to place on myself, even though I did sleepwalk. I would have them (rows of 3 or 4) across my middle-lower shoulder blade, or on my hip bone and small of my back.

Always nice to know we're not alone in being different!
Patch (3 stories) (91 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-13)
I didn't realize you had already posted this.
Wow
I've never been so scared reading a story here.
The Lion-Wolf creature is mighty interesting and I haven't heard of anything like that happen before.
I tried to find information about a creature like that but I couldn't find any.

Thanks for sharing. ❤
Scarredsomtimes (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-13)
WOW! I have been so scared before that I tried to scream and loud as I could and all I got was more like a screech. Did all of the hauntings stop just all of the sudden?
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-13)
I agree with the other posters, the two men, although incredibly scary for a kid, didn't seem harmful. That's so scary about the wolf-lion animal! Have you ever looked up anything on the net about what it might be (or if anything like it exists in myth or folk lore). Thanks for sharing though, I'm glad to hear you're okay today!
ParaTam (3 stories) (80 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-13)
Jessica Rabbit -
Wow! What an experience for a child! Thanks for sharing your stories with us.

MY TAKE:
I agree with mandalyn05 that it doesn't sound like the two men were there to hurt you. They didn't appear to make any negative steps against you. To the contrary, one of them tried to sooth you. They may have been there to protect you from the wolf-lion creature that they knew to be near. When you were startled (scared! As a child innocent to the paranormal, I would have been too!) it made them leave suddenly and unexpectedly. It was easy at that time for the creature to enter your room.

Were there many such stories from your childhood in that house?

Blessings!
ParaTam 😁
mandalyn05 (5 stories) (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-13)
I doubt the shadow men you saw were there to hurt you, but who knows. And, that lion-wolf thing, I've never heard of anything like that! That's just crazy! I may be a daredevil when it comes to paranormal things, but that would cause me to want to get the hell outta there! I wish there was some advice I could give you, but unfortunately I can't think of any. The best of luck! 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: