You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Mother's House

Real Ghost Stories

My Mother's House

 

My mother's house is haunted. A week after we moved into the house, 23 years ago (in which she still lives), my mom says we (her three kids) began to do strange things. My oldest brother, Sam (13), would not sleep in any room alone and told her the eyes were watching him. My 2nd oldest brother, Mark, began to sleep walk, he would skip in circles in the living room, laughing at someone (no one else could see), skipping with him. After being told repeatedly to go to bed by my mom and Sam, Mark stopped, then ran for the door screaming he had to stop him, the fire would kill him. Mom was scared so she grabbed him to get him to wake up. Mark woke up and said he wanted water. The longer we stayed in the house, the more Mark would sleep walk and talk. As for Sam, he would get angry for anything and I mean anything. My mom had myself sharing a room with Sam, but worried Mark would get out of the house at night, she put Mark in the room with Sam (light sleeper). I was put in the smallest bedroom in the house next to my brothers and across from my parents.

Sam told mom he was hearing voices at night. Of course, mom asked "what are they telling you?". He got mad and stopped talking to her, because they weren't talking to him. At 3:00 am, My father woke up to hear me (4yrs) giggling. He thought I was still asleep so he didn't turn on my light to check on me. While he was getting water, he dropped the glass. He said he must have still been asleep himself. My mom woke up to see what was going on. They were going back to bed. I was still giggling so my mom turned my light on. I was sitting on my floor facing my closet wide awake. Mom asked who I was talking to and I told her "my new friend". Sam was standing at his door now. He told my parents I was talking to the eyes. I still remember my friend's name: "Jeffery".

Well, my mom did some research I guess and found a little boy had lived there named, you guessed it, Jeffery. She could not find what happened to him. Mom asked neighbors if they knew, one neighbor told my mom the previous people who lived there did not have kids but rumors had been around that they were devil worshippers. Grandma told dad to bless the house and where evil was, the holy water would stay. At our front door there is a cross my dad had made with the holy water. It has stayed through the years and it is still there today. After the blessing, Mark stopped sleep walking, Sam calmed down to a normal angry teenager but my friend stayed until I was 7. Not everything went away, other things happened and still happen, just not as often. I know of 5 ghosts in her house. I have seen 2, I only know of the other three, you hear one and smell the others cologne and perfume.

I think my kids see them, I watch my kids playing and they stop and look at something like they are watching someone or something walks by. So many things have happened, I've thought about writing a book about it, but I've never seem to get around to it. So here is a little bit of my experience and I hope you tell me what you think.

Other hauntings by lildragoncat

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-27)
Ive never seen so many Guest comments. I can relate to you because as a child I witnessed a lot of paranormal activity in the house I grew up in. I would like to hear a little bit more about the other occurances. Look forward to that. ❤ Jasmin
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-27)
Very interesting experiences, hope you find the time to, if not writing a book, at least to share more of your tales with us 😁
Claudia
sharlene (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-09)
i think this story is very gud and 2 be honest I seen a film befor and it sounds just like this story it was realy scary.
Daisy_Pink13 (5 stories) (21 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-09)
About your brother mark- he might have been possessed by a ghost either in the house or on the grounds before the house was built, the ghost was probably skipping and then killed by a fire. Maybe you should look into that. The kid could have been jeffery. I'm just guessing!
tammy (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-08)
my daughter and I don't know if we believe in ghosts we have to see it to believe it
Kathrine (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-07)
Very true. No on said it couldent happen. I believe it! Its a very long story. I like it because it is involved with ghosts the most.

Canada Age 12
An ally (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-06)
A very unique story. Sure, I've heard or read that ghost commonly either talk to you or let you see them, this is almost similar to the ammityville house, but not evil or all the crazy things that happened there. As long as they don't harm anyone, it's safe to say that the house is awsome to be in, nothing says "home" as one with a few ghosts that welcome you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: