You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Boy Scout Lane

Real Ghost Stories

Boy Scout Lane

 

In the quiet country side of Stevens Point, there is a piece of land that is not so quiet. It is Boy Scout Lane and its legend has been around for over 20 years. A brief summary for all who do not know about this place.

One version is that a troop of Boy Scouts on a camping trip were murdered by their bus driver on this isolated road. Another version of the story is that a Boy Scout troop mysteriously disappeared on this road and was never seen again. A third story is that a troop of Boy Scouts were camping here and some of them were wandering around at night and accidentally dropped a lantern resulting in a fire that killed the rest of the troop. However, there is no evidence of missing persons or a mass murder or a tragic fire. The road got its name because at one time the Boy Scouts owned the land there and had intentions of building a Boy Scout camp, but never happened.

Now that you know the history, I can explain our experience. It was a warm July night in 2005. My friend Erin was visiting our mutual friend Michelle and I up in Stevens Point. Michelle and I had worked at a Boy Scout Camp (ironic, huh?) that summer and Erin was to bring me back home in Minnesota when the weekend was over. We were bored, so Michelle suggested we go to Boy Scout Lane and do a little investigation. We had gone to a bookstore the day before and found the story in there. It intrigued us, so soon we were on our way with me in the backseat, video camera in hand.

Right when we turned onto the road, we felt uneasy. You know, that dreaded feeling of being watched. Being the young adults we are, we made jokes and tried to shake off that feeling. We went down the road and turned around, nothing special happened. What we saw when we got home is a different story.

Michelle hooked the video camera up to the television and played the footage. At first, it looked like nothing interesting. Until there was a point when I coughed (I had just gotten over a bad cold) and right after that, a heavy whispering breath followed. It was not me. Michelle, Erin and I looked at each other with wide eyes and we turned back to the television. The other two saw a bright ball of light flash by the screen for a split second, but I did not.

As I recorded us driving back to the main road, I faced the rolled up window (as everyone does, never thinking that spirits can go THROUGH things) towards the field that was supposed to turn into a camp. I had the infrared light on the camera, in case something moved in the field. Nothing moved in the field. Instead, we saw a face pressed up against the window. And no, it was not my face. The small screen of the video camera did not project enough light and I was not pressed up against the window. When the three of us saw this, we screamed and Michelle's mother started yelling at us. We ran into her room and told her what happened. She scorned us, yet refused to watch the footage.

Another little tidbit that we saw: In the rearview mirror there were two stationary lights in the upper corners. The area Boy Scout Lane is in is away from the city limits and no car was behind us. The lights did not leave until we got deep into town again. We have not gone out there since, but we have shown the tape to others and they see the same things. I don't know if Boy Scouts really haunt the area, but something does. I live in Stevens Point now and this town has a lot of history to it. Anything is possible and it just makes me more of a believer.

webmaster's note: it was not possible to publish the video recording mentioned on this story, as it is on videotape and not in digital format.

Other hauntings by EarthboundAngel

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Logan134 (1 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-01-03)
Hey EarthboundAngel

I am doing a urban legends project for school and was hoping I could get the footage if you still have it
EarthboundAngel (2 stories) (38 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-18)
Thanks for the review(s), Shane. I am going to see if I can upload something from the camera. It's just hard since it's a videotape and not digital. Stevens Point is a good place to study paranormal events, that's for sure.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-17)
Sorry I missed this story EarthboundAngel, I would love to be able to see this video evidence you have. I used to work out of Wisconsin and passed through Stevens point a lot on my way to Marshfield. Maybe you could do an upload of the face portion of the video to the net and allow us to check it out for you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: