You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Ghost Of My Mum?

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Of My Mum?

 

As by the title you can tell I'm even confused by this. I swear it was my mother. But even I think it cannot be possible. I told my mum the next day and she (like everyone) thinks it's impossible. As I do, but I saw what I saw.

My bed was length ways pushed against a wall I was laid on my side facing my open bedroom door opposite my bedroom door was my mum and dads bedroom which was also open. I'm not sure what time in the night it was but I opened my eyes (as if my mind told me to wake up to see this) to my mum standing in my doorway, I answered 'mum?' 'What's wrong?' she still stood there her face facing downwards her hair covering her face. But even weirder, wearing the dressing gown a specific tartan dressing gown that she wears. She does not sleep walk even though this sounds as if she does.

My voice started to panic I started to shout at her realising it wasn't my mum. I could see straight through her she was white typically 'as a ghost' I covered my eyes with the duvet, as I started to cry. Shouting go away! I had covered my eyes with the duvet about 3 times now looking carrying on shouting at her I looked and she had gone.

The next morning my brother said "why were you shouting last night, you woke me up" that's when I told the story where to this day everyone is still in disbelieve.

I am now 19 and still know what I saw and remember every part of it. My mother still says "how can it be me, I'm alive" which I understand completely.

My mother and me are very close; maybe she is my alive spirit guide? I don't no. I could understand if she were because we are so close.

Please help me understand this.

Other hauntings by claudiak

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, claudiak, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-13)
I just read your story and it sounds to me like you may have either experienced one of two things: A demon. Demon's can transform themselves into whoever or whatever they want to gain a person's trust or to achieve whatever it is they set out to do. You may have also beared witness to your mother astral traveling or astral projection in which the spirit leaves the body. It has been said and that our spirit leaves or body several times a week. It has also been said that many times, we do not realize it and we think that we just had a dream of a beautiful place or a person that we never met before when in fact we did visit that place and meet this person on the other side as we astral traveled. I have had many occurances myself. I also heard and read that it happens too when a person is really tired and our body is run down from maybe stress or also working a lot of overtime, etc... It would be nice to think that your mother was astral traveling and it was not a demon in your home. Have you experienced any other strange events in your home before or since this one? I pray everything goes well for you.

God bless you and your family.
dreem (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-07)
I wonder if your mom had a twin sister that died at birth or something like that? Other than that I like the thought that it was your mom's spirit on an out-of-body trip during her sleep.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-07)
Hello, ask your mom if someone lease were her nightgown before her. Like your grandmother, or she found it at a store or something like that.
GIRLIE 😁
Composerman (33 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-06)
Maybe your mum was having an 'out of body experience'? Have you asked her if she had any unusually vivid dreams that night? Perhaps you were witnessing her soul briefly outside of her body. Interesting story, thanks for posting!
Magcargo (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-06)
i realy don't know what to say about this. Maybe it was a ghost that looked like her?
jenniferford (2 stories) (56 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-06)
It could be another spirit that looked like her. I have heard that some times your spirit can wonder when you are in a deep sleep. If so it could have been her checking up on you. There is so much stuff that goes on around us that we can not explane. Its hard to do very hard but try your best to not be feared. It seems to me the more fear you have the more they bother you. Good luck and God bless.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: