You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Wake Up Call

Real Ghost Stories

Wake Up Call

 

This incident took place a couple years ago, on the first day back to school for the kids, in September. I work nights and as I usually do, after I get the kids off to school in the morning, I go back to bed. My husband and I only have one vehicle, so I have to get up and go get him at lunchtime at his workplace, so we can go have lunch together. I usually set the alarm clock for 11 am, so I have time to get cleaned up, and head out to get him by noon.

Well, this particular morning, I did forget to set the alarm clock, I wasn't used to doing it since the kids were on summer break and I didn't need the car. I fell soundly asleep, an earthquake would not have woke me up! Then, I don't know where it came from or how, a very loud, raspy, sharp voice rang out, WAKE UP! I sprang out of that bed! I turned to look at that clock, and wouldn't you know, it was exactly 11 am! There was indeed a strange vibe about the room, and it did give me the creeps.

I have not forgot to set the alarm clock since then. I have told everyone I know about this. I'm not sure if they believe me or not, quite frankly, I don't care. I know I heard what I heard. This voice has come back at other times since then, I still don't know why, or who. At times, I welcome its existence.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Atma (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-30)
Hello ittybit95,

It's not necessary that it was something paranormal or spiritual. It is our mind that can set an alarm in our mind for that particular time or that was in your habit to wake up that time.
It is also scientifically proved that if we will think that I want to wake up at a particular time so our mind can set an alarm of that. Even my brother don't set any kind of alarm but he wake up on the exact time on which he wants to.
blackrabbit (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
in the first house I owned I ahd several experiences I'll share later. An old lady had passed away, not sure if in the house or not but after she died the family moved and sold the house. I moved in with ym wife and kids.

After my divorce and it was just me and my kids in the house is when strange things started. Anyway related to this story, I would be sleeping or napping and would get startled awake by someone saying my name in a loud whisper (not yelling to normal talking but a loud whisper if you can imagine what that sounds like).

It never really scared me, I just always thought it was strange.
amyradvan (4 stories) (8 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-05)
I had a very similar experience recently. I was running late and didn't want to get out of bed. I closed my eyes and laid there for a little while. Then all of a sudden I heard this familiar voice, mumbling something. Then I felt someone lightly smack my forehead. It startled me so I opened my eyes. There was nobody there. The voice was my uncle's. He died 10 years ago. I think he was trying to help me out so I wouldn't be late for work. 😊
Aj89 (1 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-11)
somethin similar to this happened to me along time ago. When I was younger I lived in an apartment complex, and this had either been a year after or the same year my mom had passed away from dying in a car accident. I don't know if this incident had a relation with this. But one day after school I was takin a nap on the couch and all of a sudden while I was dreamin I heard a voice say, "someone's at the door"(almost like a rude awakenin) and while I was dreamin I saw what appeared like a woman, looked nothing like my mom though. As soon as I heard the voice I was awoken from my dream and right away I got up to open the door. Standing there as I opened the door was my lil bro's friend Paul. And I asked him if he had been knocking, and he replied "i was about to" that day has always spooked me out. Spooked me out because I was alone that day in the apartment, and how did I know someone was coming to the door, or who told me someone was at the door.
ittybit95 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-10)
When I said, I welcomed its existence, there have been many times since then that it has come, in the middle of the night! I have heard it whisper my name, "maryann, get up and check the rooms..." This time a whisper and not a loud voice, so as not to wake my husband I suppose. I have got up and checked the childrens rooms, at times they have left their lava lamps on- as you know they get very hot, we have a finished rec room in our cellar and I have checked there, in the middle of the night when it wakes me up to find that our dehumidifier had been left on or a door left unlocked. I am grateful that it is there, as to why it has come just so recently and not all along is beyond me. After all we bought this house 10 years ago, and it seems to me if I was going to be haunted by something it would have occured sooner than this. Thanks for your support!
Moira (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-09)
This happened to me one time. I was sleeping in my room in a hot summer afternoon. I turned on the AC and slept. While I was sleeping, someone or something poke me three times as if it was trying to wake me up. I quickly woke up and looked around but nobody's there at the same time my dad came in and checked on the AC and he said the plug is really hot. Maybe IT was trying to tell wake me because sooner or later the AC might be on fire!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: