You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Guardian Angel or Menacing Apparition?

Real Ghost Stories

Guardian Angel or Menacing Apparition?

 

Late in 2001, my wife was at home taking care of our 8 month old baby girl. She laid the sleeping baby in her baby cot, pulled up the side safety bars and locked it into place, and then proceeded to the kitchen to continue with her day's chores. Several minutes later, she walked back to the bedroom, to check on our little girl. She was totally surprised to find the child on the floor, several meters away from the baby-cot. Upon inspection she discovered that the safety bar was still locked and in place, the baby was fine and seemed to be busy playing. We have never been able to explain how our daughter was removed from the baby-cot and placed on the bedroom floor, without so much as the slightest sound being heard. I wish to add that all doors were locked at the time, and our two little poodles make it practically impossible for an intruder to enter undetected.

A few days later, I had the house slightly modified by removing the wall between the main house and the adjoining cottage, this allowed us an extra bathroom, kitchen and bedroom. Prior to this, we had never used the cottage as the main house already had three bedrooms. That evening, I was standing in the passage way of the main house looking down into the cottage, through the opening we had just created. My wife was in the cottage bedroom chatting to her mum. It suddenly caught my attention that another person was standing near the doorway, almost leaning against the door frame. Somehow I was not afraid at all, I briefly looked at the figure, noticed that it was that of an older man, with facial hair, like a beard. He was very tall and did not move at all. In fact it seemed as if he was looking into the room where my wife and her mum were, and paying attention to the conversation. I knew then that I was looking at an apparition.

I gathered all my courage, and boldly moved forward, passing within a few centimeters of the figure. As I stepped through the doorway, I felt a chill in the air. A few more steps, and I was standing beside my wife, I turned to face the figure and it was gone. I then explained what had just occurred an of course, everyone was a little tense for the next few days. We have since moved from that house.

My questions are, Could this ghostly person be responsible for removing our daughter from her baby-cot and placing her on the floor? Who does this spirit belong to? I have encountered such apparitions on a few other occasions thereafter. I may post my experiences on this site at a later date. We have also discovered that my daughter, who is now six years old, has some sort of a guardian angel. She is extremely successful in all that she does, and tells us quite often of incidents that are still to come. She even seems to know that she will receive a gift, or a toy before we have even decided to buy it.

I hope my experiences makes for good reading, and if any of you readers have explanations, I would appreciate your input.

Other hauntings by Shaun

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shaun, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-28)
Once Lilike laughed into the corner of the wall while I changed her nappy and Locke was crying a lot one day and within seconds he burst into fits of laughter on his fathers birthday staring into a corner.

Lilike (Lily) 0-5 Years
Http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=tw8TzX_z2IM
Templar (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
He probably from his past did not think he could be seen from there. But you have a great gift my friend, I have only seen a complete form once from the neck down a good spirit folding clothes watching fool on the computer. To see it complete and for that long is amazing. God Bless you and your happy family.
chunkygut1 (13 stories) (73 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-08)
good point shane I didn't think of that. (i'm not the smartest person in the world)
JW (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-27)
Look into your immediate ancestry and investigate. See if you can find a photo, name or description of this male figure. He is from your ancestry and watches over not only your daughter, but your family and home. It was he who took your daughter out of the baby-cot. This figure means no harm, but means well and is there to guide and protect. Both of your families who have passed see that your daughter gets objects she wants. They are gifts from them.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-25)
Chunkygut, have you ever heard of S.I.D.S., better known as Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. Usually happens when an infant is in a crib and asleep on their belly. Maybe the spirit removed the baby to prevent this from happening. We will never know what those on the other side can or will do. If we did then we would have a way of proving their existence.
chunkygut1 (13 stories) (73 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-25)
if he was a gaurdian angel then why would he place your baby on the floor doesn't that seem more dangerous than safe
Brittany (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-24)
I agree with Shane, which by the way seems to be happening alot! Its someone who cares for your family.

Keep in mind if there is a ghost other than the man, remodeling can bring it out. When you change the enviroment of a spirit, it really don't understand it. It just knows its different, which has the potential to upset the ghost. I don't feel this is anything you need to worry about, its just a precautionary thing you should watch for. Keep us posted and I hope your daughter is successful in everything she does!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-24)
Sounds as if you and your family have a guardian angel not just your daughter. I would be willing to bet that the man you seen was a relative of your wifes, such as a great grandfather or uncle. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: