You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Footsteps All The Time

Real Ghost Stories

Footsteps All The Time

 

When I was little (like 12) I used to hear footsteps on the ceiling above me at night. It only happened in my room. Some nights I would wake up to this very heavy pressure on top of me and I couldn't move. One night I woke up to see what looked like a white face staring at me from the side of my bed. I was scared and I closed my eyes and when I opened them again it was gone.

Years later we moved into a bigger house and for awhile I forgot about it. But then I started hearing chairs moving downstairs when no one was home. The thing that freaked me out the most is that it happened in the day when I was alone, not at night. Then I started hearing footsteps on the stairs. I went downstairs one day to see if I could see what was making the footsteps and they started upstairs while I was down their. So I go back up but as I'm walking up the stairs the footsteps start right behind me as if they're following me. I nearly freak but instead I just keep myself calm until I lock myself into my room.

Some times I hear my mom call me but she's not even home. Some times stuff gets knocked over. But it's almost always the footsteps. I try to ignore it but it's getting harder since that one day when I heard them right behind me.

My friend says I'm sensitive to this stuff but I'm not sure...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kevinsolis777, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-17)
I just had to stop back in here and see how that Investigation went, Kev.
I tried to contact the Team via the information you gave me and could not seem to get it to go to where it was supposed to. For some reason it kept bouncing back saying something about an unknown domain. I am basically computer illiterate, so no biggie.
Soooo, I went in search of the Team by other means. I finally, out of frustration (and I guess a "last ditch effort"), checked on THIS site under the ghost hunting teams and found ANOTHER one by the name of "SLIGHT" though.
Would that be the same Team?
Wa-do.
kevinsolis777 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-17)
to WitCh_hUntErS
Well I've seen fast shadows moving across my kitchen and besides seeing the white face that one night, no it has not shown itself really, after the paranormal investigators left I did feel something breathing down my neck and when I ignored it thinking it was the A/C there was a loud knock on the counter behind me. I then left the room and checked the A/C which I discovered was off. But I'm not sure if it occured because the paranormal people were there or just my imagination
WitCh_hUntErS (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-17)
well does the thing that makes footsteps... Ever showed up to you?
Let me know if it gets worse

God bless you
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-16)
Thank you.
I will do that!
Good luck with the investigation!
kevinsolis777 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-16)
well they said they're going to look into my old apartment but that might be hard seeing as it's in another state. Uhm well I don't see people who aren't there, atleast I don't think so. I do get odd feelings of being watched sometimes when I'm somewhere else and no one seems to get the same feeling. If you have anymore questions you can just email me at princeofthe818solis [at] yahoo.com becuase I usually go to my email first before I go to any other site.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-16)
OOOO, thanks ever so much! I sure do appreciate this. You ARE a gem.
You must also be on pins and needles waiting to see what they may uncover.
Did they happen to mention any kind of investigation into YOU? I know, that really sounds odd, but this "moved" from one location to another... IF indeed it IS the same entity.
Do you happen to be able to "pick up" Others in places that are NOT your home? You know, you go to a park and see a little man sitting on a bench who is really not there, uh, you go to the backwoods and see a little girl running through the weeds, go to a cemetery and see someone long gone gazing down into a grave, that sort of thing?
I am asking as it IS a possibility, that IF every person from the "old home" moved into this NEW home, bringing with them every item that WAS in that other place, you MAY have something else (other than what it seems to be on the surface) going on.
You COULD have an attached ghost (attached to SOMEthing moved with you all), someone ELSE might be the catalyst, YOU might be sensitive (as your friend suggested) or you may just be "lucky" enough to be moving from one haunted local to another.
It MIGHT be a good thing to see if YOU could be present during the investigation, just to SEE if there is any supporting evidence that YOU are a "pull". Some investigators will straight up say "No way. Too big a chance of contamination of evidence." But if you explain it out, they just might think it a good idea, just to be sure.
Thanks again. I truly appreciate this!
kevinsolis777 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-16)
whitebuffalo, well besides a few faint thumps that were heard during the evp they did not say anything, they said if they find something they'll let me know. Their email is slight.email [at] yahoo.com if you wish to contact them
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-16)
Sorry to bother you, again, but is there any chance that they may go by another name? I can not find any information on a group with that name. MANY abound in Salt Lake... Perhaps they have another name as well?
Thank you.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-16)
That is so interesting. Thank you so much. I was HOPING you did not take that comment differently than I intended, and I am very glad that you took it just as I wrote it. 😊
I honestly have not heard of any kind of...
Well, if I DID, I did not note that the investigation was IN the day time. That is possible. I have been known to miss a few "facts" as I just looked over them.
So, basically, did they do the temp readings, and check for electromagnetic fields and try to catch a few vocals and such?
Did they even HINT to you that they MAY have something on tape? Well, the full out investigation really will reveal more than just a "quickie" (my apologies, I can not think of a more suitable word at this time).
Thanks again!
kevinsolis777 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-16)
well they're called SLIGHT and they're a salt lake group, and yeah they did this in the day but they want to do a longer investigation at night. They just tested levels of this and that and then did some quick evp just to see if they could get something.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-16)
You mean they came in, in the daytime, and did an EVP session?
Huh. That is interesting.
I did not know that some paranormal experts DID any kind of research in broad daylight, outright (I have known them to go in for an INTERVIEW during day light hours, and gather information just as issues happened while they were there, but not a full out investigation. I have known them to compare their day light findings to the "dead time" information they gathered) as to the threat of the added daily living interference.
How very interesting.
Would you mind offering the name of the group so that I can ask a few questions about investigating in the day time? I am always looking for a new way to gather information, and good investigators do not mind sharing their thoughts.
Thank you for your quick response!
kevinsolis777 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-15)
whitebuffalo, well they mostly just asked questions and did a quick sweep of the house, they did some evp and then said they'll get back to me after they go through the recordings thoroughly. They also told me that I might attract spirits simply becuase I notice them more than other people. But they want to do a more thorough investigation at night.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-15)
...And what did the paranormal experts have to say, kevinsolis777? You have me on pins and needles!
Footsteps do seem to be a fairly common phenomenon that points to paranormal activity. There is a site on the Net...
Hang on a sec...
OK, http://www.assap.org/newsite/htmlfiles/Paranormal%20sounds.html explains that out quite well. It also explains out the sound of moving furniture in an empty room.
Thank you.
kevinsolis777 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-15)
thanks pangie28, I just had some paranormal experts or whatever they are called, over and they did some quick evp.
Flakjacket (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-15)
You do not need to be sensative to hear footsteps, not have stuff move around the house. I would cleanse your house by burning sage, or even go to a local catholic church and get some holy water and sprinkle it around your house.
pangie28 (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-15)
ok so I think that your are without a doubt in my mind a sensitive. And this ghost knows that you can hear it and feel it and will continue to follow you and make those noise's until you confirm that you know it's there. The best thing that I can tell you to do is get some kind or voice recorder and do an EVP I had the same type of issues and wrote my story on here as well and someone gave me the same advice. Ask it what it wants. Tell them that they are no longer alive and that they need to go to where they are supposed to be (most cases the light) let me know what happens... Good luck!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: