You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Standing Beside Me

Real Ghost Stories

Standing Beside Me

 

This is my first ghost experience from when I was in elementary school.

I've always believed in ghost/paranormal experiences as I have an open mind to everything. Over time, I have experienced some things myself, so here is one of my stories.

One night I woke up because I had to go to the bathroom. My bed was up against my wall, so my eyes were on my closet (beside my closet to the right was my door) as soon as I woke up. As soon as I woke up there were 2 ghosts or figures beside my bed starring at me. It was a boy and a girl, and they were most likely in their early adult years.

I can only describe them as a reference to Casper. When Casper the ghost would go invisible you could distinctly make out an outline of his body and features, but you could still see through him. This is how I would describe the man and woman I saw looking at me.

The woman had her arms crossed and she and the man were talking to each other (this is what I believe they were doing, but I could not hear them speak).

I was still young, so I was scared of seeing them and didn't know what to do, there was no way I was going to the bathroom, as I would have to pass them to get to my door or a light switch. So I put my head under my covers, and pretended to be asleep. I would peek out to see if they were there and they stayed there watching me for probably an hour.

While I was watching, it seemed the ghosts were in an argument, I believed they were arguing about what to do with me, as they were watching me and talking. Then the man kind of pushed his hands forward and walked towards my door (kind of like a forget it shrug). When he hit my door he disappeared. Then the girl turned to him and put her hand towards him and then disappeared (like wait what are doing).

After this they were both gone. I was still awake but I lay in my bed for another hour, to scared to get up. Finally I got up, with my hands over my eyes, and turned on my light. I then made my way to the bathroom turning on every light on the way and covering my eyes.

I've told many people about this experience, and I would appreciate any feedback/comments anyone would provide. Please also include any similar experiences.

This is my first story (experience), but I will post a few others that I have also experienced.

Other hauntings by OnlyTruth

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, OnlyTruth, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-20)
I don't think it was a residual haunting: in fact I don't believe there are such things as residual hauntings. I think if you see a ghost it is not an inert recording in time bit a thinking personality of some sort.
OnlyTruth (4 stories) (24 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-19)
yeah that could be a possibilty. It was as though they were discussing something in my direction, but maybe you guys are right about them not even relizing I was right there.

Thanks again for all this discussion, and if you can think of anything else, like comments or feedback, please let me know
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-19)
I think whitebuffalo is right on this one. It sounds a bit like a residual haunting. I wonder if perhaps this was a couple who had a child, and perhaps that child used to sleep right where your bed was? Maybe they were arguing over the child, and because you were there, it seemed like they were arguing over you.

It's a bit of a stretch but...possible.
OnlyTruth (4 stories) (24 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-19)
chicken, I don't recall seeing any kind of energy around me.

But I ddint feel safe with them, but that could of just been becuase I was scared lol.

They may not have been trying to do bad, I guess id never no, just interested in appreacaite any kind of comments anyone has.
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-18)
yep...they might be arguing whether to scare you or not...lol... 😆
chicken (29 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-18)
I don't know about this one...

It doesn't seem like they were doing any harm...

Of course you were scared, but did you happen to notice any "energy" around you?

Did you get any negative "vibes" from them? Any sense of dread? Did you feel safe with them?
OnlyTruth (4 stories) (24 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-18)
Thank you for your feedback whitebuffalo.
I cannot recall hearing what they were discussing, however I was younger so I just pretended to be asleep. I would just keep peeking out of my covers to see if they were still there. As I recall, it did seem like their eyes were on me.

It seemed like they were talking about me, or maybe your right and something else use to be in the area my bed was in now. Unfortunately I don't know any history that occured in this house, however it was a newer house (not like 100 years old).

Thanks again for the feedback, and I look forward to anything else anyone has to say.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-16)
How very interesting, OnlyTruth.
Do you recall, as it WAS a while ago, if they actually had eye contact with you? Did you HEAR what they were discussing?
It really only (the word is used loosely, not meaning to denote anything demeaning) sounds as if it were a residual experience.
The reason being, it seems like it was like you were not even there. No one walked closer to you, they did not lean over your bed.
Perhaps, in the past, something OTHER than a bed was up against that wall.
Do you know anything of the history of that space?
Thank you.
OnlyTruth (4 stories) (24 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-15)
yeah it was very weird lol. And I was young so I didn't really know what to do other then pretend to be asleep.

I guess it wasn't harmful, but it was weird becasue they stayed there for such a long time just watching me in bed.
bigC (4 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-15)
wow this is very weird that for sure that doesn't sound harmful in anyway though

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: