You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Ghost Calling Three Year Old

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Calling Three Year Old

 

So on camera a black vapor thingy or black shadow shows up in different places, every time, even with a photographer. It doesn't matter when or where. My three year old cousin wakes up crying and we ask her why she says a man is calling her to him. This has happened every night... It is like a mist or fog, and it usually displays a swirl effect within a vaporous cloud. It normally appears several feet off the ground and can linger or travel quickly at will. That's what's taken on camera and blessing the house didn't help. My three year old cousin says he is a dark shadow of a man, never sees his face. Please tell me what to do. I am scared. Please tell me everything is going to turn out alright. Has this happened to any of you? I was looking something up and this is what I got for what I described it as:

Ectoplasm, Ecto-mist, vapor, ghostly mist

Appearance & Characteristics: Cloudy vaporous mist

The term was originally used to describe the substance that oozed from spirit mediums during a séance from days gone by. It is now associated and referred to as a mist or fog, and it usually displays a swirl effect within a vaporous cloud. It normally appears several feet off the ground and can linger or travel quickly at will. Its usual colors are gray, white or black but has also been seen and photographed in several other colors. Ecto has been caught on both video & all types of cameras. It's important to note however, that a camera can inadvertently create this effect artificially in cold weather by a person exhaling to close to the lens when taking the picture. The exhaled breath looks similar to ectoplasm but without the swirls. Oh, and we certainly don't want to be smoking during a ghost hunt for obvious reasons.

Locations spotted:

All locations but most generally spotted outdoors and most particularly at cemeteries, battlefields & historical sites.

Speculations:

Believed by many to be the soul or spirit of those that have passed on from this life. It has been speculated that the spirit will transform to this vaporous state before appearing as a full-bodied apparition.

Please help.

PS. Please no haunting in Connecticut jokes. It's not funny. Yes I have seen the movie, and no that's not what's going on.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MandyCandy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Davidpsalm234 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-21)
Mandy, I just encourage you to one Bible Scripture, Psalm 23:4, for it says "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." I do not know if you are a Christian but I just want to share with you that Jesus is resurrected from the dead and He is a victorious God who is victorious over the evil forces. If you trust in Him and he shall set you free. Pray with your little one before each bedtime.
LilSistagurl (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-02)
They probably similar to "shadow people" because I have seen an episode on "A Haunting" when they put a camera in a child's bedroom who wouldn't sleep in his bed, and they played the taped and this weird dark misty figure came out the closet and peeped over the son's bed..."A Haunting" can be watched on the CHILLER network

GOD BLESS ❤ 😊
DPez (5 stories) (37 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-24)
I'm sorry, I missed the part where you said the blessing didn't work. I burned sage once as advised by another member of YGS. It worked for me. I was also extremely stressed at the time so I tried to relax and relieve that negative energy. I don't know what's going on in your life, but negative energy (stress, anger, sadness on occassion) fuels spirits. Gather your strength and be strong.
DPez (5 stories) (37 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-24)
I would try to figure out when all of this started to happened. Maybe something happened that caused a spirit to become attached to your cousin or your family came into possession of an object the spirit happens to be attached too. I am in no way suggestion you try to contact the spirit (especially if you don't have any experience in that area). Just try to find the source of your cousin's fear and when it started.
As others have suggested, you should get a blessing and/or cleanse your house.

I personally wear a pendant of protection (my dad got it for me). It's been blessed, and it gives me strength which is important against malicious spirits.
Marlean (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-23)
I believe you. We briefly had one in our house once when my brother and I were young. No one believed us but luckily it didn't stay. What might have helped was our attitudes toward it. What I know for a fact is that fear is an emotion that makes Them stronger. They feed on it. My brother and I mostly kept a hostile attitude towards it and rather than feeling afraid when walking into a dark room, we felt angry towards it, thinking "You are not welcome here!" Strangely, it worked. People can fight back using their own energy and emotions.
But if you're looking for something less confrontational, a few years ago, my brother was living in... What can be cheaply termed, a haunted house, with some friends. There they learned that hematite, sage, and sea salt are good repellents against Them. One of Them even shrieked and vanished when one of my brother's roommates threw sea salt at it. She also kept the house safe afterward by hanging bags of the three ingredients around the house and putting hematite in the windowsills. After that, they didn't have any more problems and they eventually moved out because of the high rent and NOT because of any unwelcome guests.
Sorry, that's all the advice I got. It's difficult to get any hard facts on a subject that most people don't even believe exists. But I wish you the best of luck. Remember, it's YOUR house. YOUR home. That thing doesn't belong there. Don't let it feel welcome.
kellbear (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-22)
My son is six and he has seen quite a few ghosts or apparitions. He once saw my late grandmother hovering over my Mother's head. He was able to describe her in detail but she died before he was born and to my knowledge he has never seen a picture of her before. Sometimes my son has been so scared of what he has seen he just sits and cries unconsolably for like an hour. Children have a different perspective on life and other things in this world that we adults have shut out.
honey91 (14 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-22)
Ive had something to this nature happen to me, please see my story "Floating Face." in that story, it was like a misty face, with barely any facial features, it was pretty weird. And it chased me! 😠
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-21)
Well someone might crack a light hearted joke from time to time, but I've never heard anyone be really rude on here when someone is reaching for help. I can guarantee you that everything is going to be alright. Things you need to do are first and foremost, be very supportive of this child in their time of need. Never tell them that they are imagining it, and only ask or talk about what they are comfortable with. This is your kid after all, and you need to be a rock for them. Second of all, did you have the house blessed by clergy? You need to be a part of the home blessing, and you should use a crucifix or image of Jesus that a priest can bless in each room and corner of the house. Do not leave any place untouched with the blessing. I implore you to try it again. If it doesn't work, you could actually try to communicate with the spirit, but don't use a Ouija because you could invite more or evil entities into your home unwillingly. Keep sage and amethyst on hand, and you could try this other ritual that I know to work. It is not within my faith, but I will share it with you anyway. Here's what you do. You need pure salt and pure water. Make 2 legs of a triangle (like a v shape). Make sure that it is a solid line of salt, don't worry about sparing it, in fact use it all. Pour the salt in this fashion and then step into the v. Close off the v while you're inside of it so that you are now standing in a triangle. Now you need to say a very serious prayer and ask for help and light from God and Jesus. Step out of the circle after you are satisfied that you have completed your prayer. Then take the pure water and wash the salt away. You can clean it up after that. This is very symbolic and is known to work within certain circles of faith. As I said, this isn't what I would do, I would use the help of a priest, but if you want to try something and are uncomfortable with a Catholic priest, then you could give it a shot. Do your research as I see you have started to, and keep us up to date on anything that happens. God bless you and your family and may God shine his light on you, your family, and your home once again. Pray and stay in touch!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: