You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Door Is Making Me Mad

Real Ghost Stories

My Door Is Making Me Mad

 

My older sister's door has been shaking for the past couple nights. And now I find that it shakes even during the day! I was home with my mother in the other room, sick, and the door suddenly starts shaking violently. I cannot see it, but I hear it and a mixture of fear and irritation courses through me.

It shakes around nine PM when my sister is in her room and when I am in mine and sometimes at other times as well. Not only is it irritating me but it is also scaring my older sister. This has just recently started happening around the time I got a cold from my friend and I want so much for an explanation before I do something... Stupid, for lack of a better word, and get mad and yell at the door like it can yell back.

It stopped, once when I said "My God! Stop shaking!" I was extremely irritated with a head cold and a throbbing headache and yelled at the door. Which might be ridiculous to some but I have yelled at inanimate objects before. And they didn't do anything to me.

It happened repeatedly throughout the day. Sometimes quietly, and sometimes not so quietly. I have gone up the door, grabbed the handle and shaken the door. And it doesn't sound the same. It does not sound as if something is trying to get into the room or open the door. It sounds as if it is simply shaking and not only is it irritating me, it is arousing my curiosity.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MyDoorIsIrritatingMe, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

bandet888 (86 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-11)
Does this door shake when nobody is in the room? Are you sure it isn't your sister playing games with you trying to scare you and acting scared herself? Does anything else happen in the house. I mean no disrespect. It could be paranormal. I just have a debunking nature.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-17)
Ah, now we are getting somewhere, MyDoorIsIrritatingMe.
With that missing vent creating a hole in the door, basically it has weakened the door. That creates an unbalance with the original structure OF the door.
The vibrations from your stereo, walking down the hall (even on a separate floor), an outside breeze going through the vent cutout, these things and a variety of others could cause the door to shake. IF there is a vacant space in the door where that cut out is (meaning, if you were to look at the door itself where the vent WAS and see that the door is hollow) air displacement may occur. You could also get some really eerie audio because of the same reason.
Wa-do.
MyDoorIsIrritatingMe (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-17)
Yeah, it is the only one in the house that shakes. And it could be our dryer... It makes a whole lot of noise, I'm not sure if it shakes though... It has been like that for quite a while though. I've sat there glaring at the dryer for ruining an article of my clothing... Haha... But it is on the other side of the house. Though I'ma look into it anyway.

Also, there is a rectangular hole in the door. There used to be a vent but not anymore because my sister got in a lot of trouble and my mother slammed the door so hard it fell off... And the door is pretty thin.

Thanks once more for everyones help!
~MyDoorIsIrritatingMe
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-16)
No harm, no foul. I just misinterpreted what you wrote. I will take responsibility for that. I apologize.
The think about "natural" occurrences is that there is no time line. A house can start to settle minutes after completion, or hundreds of years afterward.
Washing machines shift, and get thrown off balance at times, in those times, it COULD (not saying that is what is happening here, Hun, just giving an example) cause a shaking on that floor, or even on a separate floor. The key is to seriously look into each possibility to find the correct cause.
Unfortunately, sometimes you just can not "catch" what the cause is, and can only SAY natural as there might be no paranormal proof.
IS this the only door that shakes?
Wa-do.
EyesWideOpen (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-16)
MyDoorIsIrritatingM,

I don't know if you believe God is taking any interest in your life, but I'd say it would be a good time to find out.

Here is what I would do in your situation. I'd purchase some olive oil to be used during an anointing of your residence. Just put a little on your index finger and walk through the house anointing every door, wall, window, floor and ceiling..., saying a prayer asking for God's protection.

I did this myself once when I was living in an apartment, and my young boys were being tormented in their sleep. My prayers and anointing put a quick end to the problems.

If you have any religious artifacts hanging on the walls, or sitting on a table or desk, those should be anointed as well.

In your prayers, begin by thanking God for the deliverance you are praying for, as you know He will help you. ❤ ❤
MyDoorIsIrritatingMe (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-15)
Oh my, I realise my comment might have sounded rude. I apologize! It wasn't meant to... You see, I put it there on my birthday and I'm... Not fond of my birthday. So once more, I am so so sorry if it sounded rude. I am not ready to push aside all natrual causes and a lot of the comments sound very good. And I am going to look into quite a few of them.

I'm not ready to jump to the conclusion that it is paranormal. I am not quite sure why the door is shaking. I thought maybe if it had something to do with our surroundings, then it would have happened sooner. But it has not, and we have lived here for some years.

Also, I don't live in Orange County sorry. But thank you.

Thank everyone very much for the help and comments!
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-14)
sounds like you are ready to dismiss any natural causes of this rattling door before taking into consideration. Perhaps you believe that YOU have already thought of everything, and there is nothing to contribute at this point, unless it be paranormal. I'll tell you, many adults have been surprised to find natural explanations to strange reactions of their home's and surroundings. For example, you may not be aware of a natural stream or river that runs under your home. Most folks are not aware of such things until they have a full blown investigation into exactly why they are hearing explosions and such, coming from "somewhere" in their home. Say such massive underground running water is happening under your house. Say this door happens to be above a huge rock, where pressure causes this rock to vibrate, causing door to rattle. Sure, unlikely this may be the case. Just don't be quick to dismiss possible, natural explanations.
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-13)
you should check the door once again and see if the hinges are loose it is a possibility. Allways rember that everything that happens is not allways to do with paranormal activitey. However if you have real reason to believe that is is a spirit that's causing this ask it if it needs help and if not tell it to go as it's not welcome and has no right to be there. Dont stay angery about it all turning up your music so you won't hear it it's only going to drive you crazy bottleing it up inside hope all works out for you keep me posted...
Sundaydrive (49 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-13)
If it can't possibly be anything that anyone has suggested, what do you think it might be? I didn't read what would seem like you think it's a ghost. What are your thoughts? Maybe we could help more if we knew that.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-13)
NOTHING any one can come up with would be the cause of this?
I am kind of confused as to what you need help with then.
Well, I guess then just blare your music so it does not disturb you any more.
Good luck
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-13)
BTW:
To the OP. I'm sorry if my follow up comment seemed insensitive.

Honestly your follow up comment to some of us I found sorta rude (yet I realize it is hard to convey tone in writing sometimes). The whole "Okay, we do no live by a airport, train station, or anything else you might be able to come up with" just got to me.

If your playing your music and don't really notice it, it sounds like you're willing to ignore it.

I apologize once again if I've offended you. I'm getting tired of trying to offer simple suggestions that get shot down or having to muck through religious comments.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-13)
mmm... If the door is attached to her room, let her deal with it. Listen to your music and don't worry about it.
AloeVera (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-12)
I know this sounds crazy but when something paranormal is bothering myself or my cat if I sternly shout "In the name of Jesus Christ begone!" it will usually leave if it's not a good entity. IF your door is the result of an entity it sounds playful in my opinion. We have a child spirit in our room who likes to turn our lamp on and off... Even when it was broken. He doesn't bother me at all but if you could maybe try that? I'm sorry if it sounds crazy but it works for me. As does the salt.:) Good luck friend!
MyDoorIsIrritatingMe (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-12)
Okay, we do no live by a airport, train station, or anything else you might be able to come up with. And it isn't my room and my sister... Dislikes me so I can't do anything about it. We've lived in the house a couple years and nothing has ever happened like this before. I blare my music so I don't hear it anymore but it does irritate me some still.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-11)
Step away from the Paranormal table for a moment and let us look at the paranatural first, alright?
If you can rule out all the awesome suggestions of man made "shakers" as of this post, and a few more that YOU may know about (but we would not as we do not live with you), then I think it IS time for you to take it all in your hands and figure this out.
What have you tried, in the past, to see what may be the cause of this? I see that you have shaken the door, but it was not the same.
Have you rolled up a towel and placed it firmly against the base of the door? Have you tried leaving the door cracked? Tried putting a folded up piece of cardboard under the door?

Is this the ONLY door in the house that seems to shake? Do you live near a highway, freeway or interstate type road? Is there a working generator in your (or a neighbors) house? Does anyone run a washing machine, dishwasher, dryer around nine in the evening? Do you have central air? Are you in a trailer, house, apartment, duplex, condo? Where is the nearest factory? Nearest crusher machinery?
There are a LOT of environmental (man made and natural) that would have t be factored in before this could truly be deemed paranormal.
Wa-do.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-11)
Armymom, salt and sage have worked for people on this site before. Even if it's mind over matter, it HAS worked for people in the past, so your statement is opinion and not fact.
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-11)
Just close the door then! Maybe that will work or replace it.
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-11)
At this time I must agree with all the above, and with a head cold your not in the best of moods or the best state of mind...
Elise (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-10)
If you don't live near an airport, train station, or are experiencing earthquakes, I would say that you have something that is trying to get your attention. You don't sound afraid of it which is great. Rebuke it if you do not wish for it to bother you again.
Armymom2 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-10)
If it's a spirit it will keep trying to torment you...salt, sage, or fried bologna won't ward it off. It's your house... Take authority and demand it to leave you alone. If it is a spirit and knows you have that authority it will go... If it realizes you have no authority you better figure out where you can achieve that authority from. I would suggest you do some investigating and rule out structural or enviromental factors first.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-10)
hobbyholly's explanation sounds the most concrete to me. How far to you live from the nearest aiport?
AloeVera (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-10)
That is very strange and if it is not a small earthquake (which could be possible) please do not try to communicate with it. That is just a no-no. Perhaps put salt on the doorframe as it wards away spirits and it s a protective barrier.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-10)
This took place in California correct? I googled "door shaking" just to see if there could be a structural issue. I came across this:
Http://sciencedude.freedomblogging.com/2009/03/03/small-quake-felt-across-orange-county/20853/
Does the O.C area pertain to you?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: