You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Three In The Morning

Real Ghost Stories

Three In The Morning

 

I'm not sure if this will be COMPLETELY correct, because it's been about three years now. I don't know if I was half-asleep, or if it was a ghost, or something else. If you have any idea, feel free to message me...seriously, I want to know!

Well, it was about 3 in the morning, and I got the feeling I was being watched. So I woke up, and saw a boy with old-fashioned clothes on. He had on a green jacket, possibly a red shirt, and possibly tan pants, and some type of old-fashioned shoes. The boy had blonde hair, and green eyes, and was pale. The boy was tall too, and well see-threw. He waved at me, possibly trying to see if I was awake. I personally think he was watching me sleep, or something. Then, I lazily waved back, as I did; he looked to my left, and disappeared. The wall where he looked, was sort of gone, it was just blackness there. After he disappeared I sat up in my bed, and thought about it. I still think he was a ghost, or something else. My dreams usually don't consist of this type of thing, so I'm pretty sure I was awake.

So, that's my story, it's my first time ever posting about my experience online...so...please, be nice about it? It's not very good or anything, but there you go. Message me if you have any idea of what he is, thanks.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mesteria, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Mesteria (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-22)
Ooooh... I probley neglected to mention... My neihboorhood has a history of being 'haunted'. Mostly by strange animals, which I've also seen, and a horse-drawn carridge in the woods. This might help some?
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-17)
Mesteria,

Just so you know, I'm not recommending you take out the garlic, crosses and light sabers at three in the morning.
I was just curious if this issue was happening at the same time every night.
And by the way, it is a known fact that most people will fall into a serious REM sleep at three a.m. I personally think that is the time when our minds are wide open.
Although most people say the witching hour is any time after midnight. That is generally true, but there are still people leaving bars, nightclubs, etc. After midnight and into the late hours, but as far as being vulnerable. Even law enforcement knows that prowlers are looking for victims between 3:00 a.m and 6:00 a.m. People are more vulnerable at that time of night from home invasion.
That's when people are into serious REM sleep and release themselves from the real world into their dream world.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-17)
I do not subscribe to the theory that to encounter an entity at three in the morning means that it is undoubtedly a demon.
I have heard the superstitions about it being the "witching hour", and the "devils hour" and whatnot, but to be honest, I believe that to be an answer I will only receive once I have taken that ride with The Horsemen.
It is logical that the wee hours of morning bring on sitings as we are so busy with life anymore, that we could be looking straight at a ghost and not notice it as we might be running out the door on another one of our many tasks. That early (or late, depending on your perception) is the quiet time, the time in which there is not a lot of activity, so we are more in tune with our surroundings.

But anyway. I am ALSO curious as to how the eye color was so clear, but the clothing coloring is more of an assumption? I would take that to mean that the head and shoulders were very clear, and the torso and legs were seen as in a fog, or misty.
Could you tell by the look of his wardrobe from what era he may have been from?
Honestly, to be able to tell whether this was an actual entity visiting, or a dream, would be rather difficult at this time as for the lack of details. It was so long ago, it would be nuts of us to ask for detailed answers and expect you to recall all.
IF this was an entity, it was NOT a demon.
Wa-do.
KirstyLouise (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-17)
'iyya!

Sounds pretty funny,
A little boy waving at you?
I don't think he's trying to hurt you,
Lol.
Sssooooooo yeah:)

Love from,
KirstyLouise❤
xoxoxo
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-17)
Mesteria,
It doesn't seem like you were afraid of him.
Or were you?
By the way, contrary to what most people think, midnight is not the witching hour. It's starts at 3:00 am.
I often have dreams about mysterious women in my dreams, and there have been so many times that I have woken, and I reach for a drink of water, and I look at my clock, and it's always 3:00 am or slightly after.
When I have nice dreams about a mysterious woman, I go back to sleep and find myself looking for her in my dreams.
Not sure that helps, but I don't think you should be afraid of your dream.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-16)
Personally I don't believe it was a demon. It was simply what you saw; a boy from a past time. I think it was an imprint sighting and I don't think there is any hidden meaning or agenda here. If it were a demon in your room, you would know and feel it.
Sundaydrive (49 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-16)
I have read through the comments, because I was looking for an answer that I can't find, so I think I'm just going to have to ask it.
I've been taught that colors are significant.
I'm wondering why you were allowed to see that this boys eyes were green with no problem, but you THINK he was wearing a red shirt and tan pants? What was the difference in visual strength from the head of this boy, and the rest of his form? The answer to that may be a pretty good clue on if he was a ghost or a dream.
MannPower (17 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-16)
I think it is more likely that you were having a dream episode intruding on your waking cycle, as your reaction to seeing it (as you described it) seemed irrationally non-chalant (would you have waved back mindlessly had you been awake? I personally would have been alarmed.) Also, whether or not you physically waved, or you 'thought' you waved as part of the dream is something to think about. I've had dreams 'linger' into my vision upon waking up in my own experiences.
ozzy (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-16)
i do believe it is a ghost as I have said before in past comments on other stories ghosts appear mostly between the time of 2:45 in the morning to 3:00 in the morning and I do believe it is a ghost
cupcake (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-15)
well I just know 3am is the devils hour but I don't know that's pretty creepy. 😐 😕 😕
Krystal-is-a-Gangster (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-15)
Sometimes while you are dreaming your subconscious manifests things into things you would understand. Maybe it was a friendly ghost waving hi or maybe you were just dreaming about a young boy because subconsciously you feel like you need a friend or a lover. Think about what this boy meant to you when you saw him and if it was a dream this will help you figure out what your subconcious was trying to tell you. ❤
Webbstain (3 stories) (24 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-15)
Hey there, I honestly feel that you are being visited by a ghost, or were at least then. Ghosts and Demons DO exist, this I promise you and the fact that you have been waking up at three and seeing it is no coincidence as this is the devils hour.

So this brings me to the conclusion that this spirit is not here out of an attempt to make you feel good or happy rather it is here to baffle you and make you scared. So I would advise getting rid of it.

But it's entirely upto you and I may not even be right.

God bless x
elner (38 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-15)
Well I couldn't say if its a demon or not... Because. I mean you were just sleeping I could see anything or imagine stuff when I wake up. Propably your imagination try to. Relax a little I keep reading these stories and I get a little ghost in my head too. I don't think they are real...
WikkedOne (3 stories) (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-13)
I am thinking it's just a normal spirit. I don't think he's demonic. If it's a demon or an evil entity they normally show their meanness.
Mesteria (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-13)
Thanks you guys, you all really helped, I havn't seen the guy since, but lately I feel like I'm being watched every time I turn out the light, which really scares me.
robertar (223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-13)
musicgrl'

By what power or omniscience do you differentiatee between a demon and a ghost simply by reading a post? Since number13 said "maybe", I find that much more reasonable than your either rudeor unexplained determination that their suggestion is "garbage".

Especially given the number of accounts where malevolent spiritfirst present themselves as innocent children, only to be found out later.
musicgrrl104 (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-12)
Ok, seriously, number13, you need to stop believing in that garbage. This was most definitely a ghost, not a demon. It was a good idea you waved. It may develop trust, and he may visit again, and maybe even talk to you, because you were friendly. 😁
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-12)
Mesteria: I agree with Aussie... You saw a friendly ghost... Any thing since then?...He knew you could see him at that point, so he waved!...That's cute 😆...He was like "uhoh, BUSTED!"...LOL

The 3am thing... I really don't know how 3am is any different than 3pm...No-one even knows exactly what day Jesus died, let alone the time!...Come on guys, you have too much faith in Hollywood!... 😆
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-12)
Mesteria, I think you saw a friendly spirit, anyone living or deceased that waves at you, is wishing you well, you did the right thing waving back, thank you for sharing your story.
Aussie 😁
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-12)
There are folks out there who believe any ghost sighting is that of a demon. Not saying you are one of these people 13, but apparently these same folks are bound by their religion. Their religion has them believing that when people die, there are only two places they can go. All ghosts are Demons, since the deceased can only be in one of two places. This outlook on the afterlife, in my opinion, is very ignorant. How sad when there is no longer any mystery in ones life. When all the answers are supposedly in black and white. Funny thing is, that theory could never hold water, as we have seen case, after case, that all but proves hauntings do exist, and a demonic haunting is entirely different than that of your basic, old fashion haunt. The intensity of a Demonic haunt is a ten on a scale. When a haunt by the deceased is mild in intensity. How can one come in and say,"Yep, this is a Demon"..."No such thing as ghosts"...crazy.
number13 (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-12)
3 am is supposed to be the time when demons and maybe the devil itself came out and mock God by striking fear on us humans, the opposite of 3 pm, the time that said to be the time Jesus Died, so maybe it is a Demon or some sort but let us not jump into any conclusion yet, I could be wrong but it may be most likely a Demon. Thats what I want to share and Don't worry, I think it is a good story, I'm always interested about the "Gateway" and Demonic Hauntings so I won't mark this on my bad list. Thank you for sharing your story Mesteria. Oh where are my manners, I am Number13, pleasure meeting you. Goodbye for now and have a Great Life.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: