You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Old Bar

Real Ghost Stories

The Old Bar

 

When I was eight years old, my family bought this old bar. The man we bought it from sold it for about half the price it was worth. My family didn't care though so we bought the place. We unpacked our stuff and started to make the place a little more like home. On the main floor was where the bar was held and on the 2nd floor was where we lived.

Every thing was fine until one day, when me and my younger brother were upstairs playing in our room when the room become a chilly cold. We noticed it right away and told our mom. She checked the heating and it was working. Later on, me and my brother kept seeing this old man sitting on the window panel smoking a cigar.

Other happenings also happened. When you went into the bar area late at night, you will see young girl walking around whispering to herself. After a few more years we moved out of that house and never mentioned it again. I am 13 now and did a little researched on that bar. It was built in 1902 and the old man and his daughter lived there after his wife died. They lived there for years until he murdered his daughter for frolicking with a local man and then shot himself in his room (me and my brothers room)!

Freaky encounter!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blondie004, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Eclipse2000 (1 stories) (68 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-20)
Very cool story and I am new to this, I heard of another bar like that, they say that there were a couple that fought and the woman walked outside (the couple had a fight and she asked to keep her child there and of course they said no) and she got hit by a car when she walked outside, their son was with her! They (people who worked there) said you'll see a woman in a blue dress and a little boy sitting on the bar counter.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-07)
Like omg. That is a cool story. Thank you for telling us. I beat that must have been scary uh. Well I hope to hear from you soon. Alright sweetheart.Goodbye.
GIRLIE 😁
KelleVamp (10 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-07)
very freaky! I love old buildings for the history and beings they contain. Thank you for sharing!
Tima (2 stories) (16 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-11)
OMG! That is sooo cool! I wanna know where it is too! I would so love to be there and experience it for myself
Citrusrock (2 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-11)
wow! That's really freaky! Can you tell me the name of the bar, or tell me the place where it was? I wanna come by somethime >:) but no, really, that's very scary...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: