You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Not So Friendly Ghosts 4

Real Ghost Stories

Not So Friendly Ghosts 4

 

I usually wait until I have a few encounters before I submit a story, but this one alone was so bizarre to me that I couldn't wait. It happened the night of May 19.

Before I go to bed I always look at the clock just out of habit to see what time it is. I went to bed at 10:53 that night. A few hours later, I suddenly woke up breathing heavily as if I had just had a nightmare, but I hadn't. (Maybe I did and just didn't remember my dream) but I woke up freaked out with no cause from what I could tell.

I lay down on my back to just stare at the ceiling for a bit (I just do that and think a lot), and there was a black shadow there hovering over me. This will probably sound so weird, but the shape reminded me of a bat. It had a round body, didn't appear to have any legs, but had arms protruding from the center sides of the body. This would be the second time I saw the shadow (although last time it had a human body shape), so like the last time I just blinked and hoped that it would disappear.

It didn't.

I blinked and blinked and blinked and it started getting closer to me. I shot up and turned on the light before it got any closer. I had this feeling that if I let it get face to face with me, something bad would happen. So I turned on the light, and it was gone. I checked my alarm clock to see what time in the night it was, and it was still 10:53. The clock on my wall said 10:53. My phone said 10:53.

I knew I had been sleeping for a while, and that couldn't have been right, so I got up and checked the clock in the kitchen. It said 12:03. My T.V. Said 12:04. My mom's alarm clock 12:03. I just thought maybe all of the clocks in my room all got messed up at the same time. (What are the odds of that, but I hate jumping to the conclusion that it's this thing.)

So when I woke up today thinking that maybe I had just seen the clock wrong before I went to bed, I called my boyfriend to see what time I had called him (I always call him when I'm laying down about to go to sleep.) He said I called him at 10:54.

I called him right after I saw the shadow to tell him about it, but he didn't answer. He said that the missed call was from 12:03.

I thought about what I had thought of that night that maybe SOMEHOW all of the clocks in my room had gotten messed up. When I looked at my clocks, they had the same time as every other clock in the house. They weren't behind like the night before, and I hadn't changed them back.

The following night, I couldn't go to sleep no matter how hard I tried. I called my boyfriend and just started crying. I was scared. I couldn't even turn the light off to try to go to sleep. So he came over and brought his friend who is going to school to be a pastor. His friend Joel started reading bible verses, and as he got more and more into it, I started hearing banging noises. Joel and my boyfriend Miles didn't seem to hear anything, so I ignored it thinking it may have just been something outside (even though our house is 12 feet off the ground and there are no trees around, so I don't know what it could have been). Joel continued reading, and the banging also continued becoming more and more frequent.

Joel read a certain verse (I wish I could remember exactly what it was) But there was a HUGE bang and my floor shook. Miles heard it and felt the floor shake also. Joel didn't feel anything, but after that it stopped.

Since then I haven't heard anything or felt anything. I wonder if it's really gone this time?

Other hauntings by hannahbmarie101

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hannahbmarie101, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

haysw1012 (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-04)
emeraldangel. Shadow beings cannot kill you.

Http://www.themoorings.org/life/basics/devil1.html
hannahbmarie101 (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-03)
Well aussiedaz, I'm glad that you don't think it was my imagination. The few people that I have told have all said that I was probably dreaming (mainly because of the time change), but I consiously made the phone calls, got up and walked around, and stayed awake for a good while after.
I'll try to have a different mindset and not let it get to me if it does come back. I guess part of worrying about it is the fear that if I don't acknowledge it, it will start doing more things to get my attention.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-03)
Hi Hannah, Interesting point in your story about the lost time and motion with in... There are only a few stories here, including one of my own, where time freezes... And I don't believe it were your imagination...what's really important to express, and I know this is easy to say... Do not show any fear... Fear is negative energy and negativity breads negative energy... Very rarely do I post replies of demonic nature, as I believe most of these stories are miss interpreted in some way... But I feel there probably was something evil attempting to besiege you... The night I saw face to face a demon (night hag) had my fear got the better of me, it may have been a different result...It's not like the movie paranormal activity... But what these entities need to enter your domain... Is your own conscious power... And making you humbled with fear is the key they need to take control... So what I suggest is to reconsider your thoughts about the paranormal... Create positive energy with in your thought process... Power of pray... When you here a bang on the wall...don't think of it as something coming after you... Think of it being a guardian angel protecting you... Sleep with the light on and only read the happy stories here...etc...good luck.

Daz 😁
hannahbmarie101 (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-03)
Nope. It wasn't dark areas. I was fixing lunch one afternoon and I saw it through my glass door, and the other time I saw it when I was walking on the beach with my dog on the beach- both in broad daylight. The other three times I saw, heard, and felt it was at night.
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-03)
you've seen it during the day like in a dark area or what? Demons like what you saw probly dwell in dark areas like a basement.
hannahbmarie101 (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-03)
Googled night hag. Some websites said it was a demonic force, while others referred to Old Hag Syndrome- a sleep disorder. Either way, I have seen it during the day also, and have never had a feeling of being pinned down, so I don't think that is it.
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-03)
I think it was a night hag you were really lucky that little bugger could have killed you. Google it.
hannahbmarie101 (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-03)
I think that it may be gone. Since that night I have felt peaceful. It has been well over a month and I haven't seen, felt, or heard anything. There has been two nights that there has been just an eerie dark feeling, but I highly doubt it's anything. It's probably just my imagination getting the best of me because nothing happened.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-03)
Hi Hannah. Sounds like things are looking up. Since it reacted strongly to religious provocation I think it's safe to say it was demonic. Demonic entities will usually make a sign of having left an area, such as the huge bang you describe. Since it did something so noticeable, I think that is a very positive sign that you are going to get peace back into your life. Maybe if Joel is willing he could do a blessing on the house. I don't know if he would feel comfortable doing that as he is still studying, but he may know someone from school, a teacher perhaps, who is ordained that would do it for you.
Blessings ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: