You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Story Of My Life

Real Ghost Stories

Story Of My Life

 

Ever since I was young my mother would say that I would sit down in an empty room (we moved a lot due to various uncontrollable situations) and talk to something that she could not see. I never found it weird or anything, I would talk to this entity who I called "Rebecca". I have done research trying to find out who it and if it was something paranormal or if my three year old brain was creating an imaginary friend.

I could strangely remember all my episodes with otherworldly people and until today, I find someone who has a seen a green man. I was about four years old, subtract or add some months. I would love to run to the backyard and head over to this large red rose bush near the fence. On one of those days, I remember not seeing the fence, or the large plum tree that divided the yards. I saw a large field, a green man, well dressed in a suit (no idea on the era), carrying a bunch of flowers to something on the other side of the field. It looked at me, and slowly disappeared. I never saw it again.

Years pasted, and now I am 16 years old. Ever since I was 12ish, I have been seeing some weird stuff, especially when we lived at our previous residence. Some of my highlights: seeing a person in a black robe with a red sash in my sisters room while talking on the phone, talking on the phone with one of my best friend late at night and hearing a voice say clearly "Watch out", seeing a white cat with no right eye walking by my room in the hallway, waking up every night for an entire winter at exactly two various times 3:00am or 4:32am, having extremely hot or cold hands hugging would be the best word from behind when I sleep, and my personal favorite having dreams that would tell that on so and so date something major will happen in a hospital.

But we moved out of the home, now I spend a lot of my time in a warehouse that my parents have owned for a long time. Here, I have been told that whenever my mother tells me something like she saw a shadow run into the small kitchen area and she hears the refrigerator open, I start explaining what happened in a creepy voice, and I don't remember ever saying that.

Unfortunately, last year my father passed away and my mom says that he is helping us. I don't think it him; I would know I would have seen him before. I remember that my father told me when I told him about my experiences, he apologized to me. I didn't understand what he meant. And to this day, I don't completely know what he meant. In this last year, I have learned something important about him: I was raised to be Roman Catholic by my dad, yet he participated in rooster slaughtering. He believed in the saints, but not in Jesus Christ.

I don't understand anything that is going on. I keep on waking up around those times and worst of all: I have developed some sort of fear of the dark that I have never had before. Before I would feel at ease in the dark, now I don't. All I want is some clarification on what the story of my life is.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sararanye, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

HardToScare432 (1 stories) (72 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-24)
Sorry! I'm looking through all of my past year comments and I'M HORRIFIED 😲!
I wish I could have went back in time and told myself not to scare people, and that there is such English words like 'maybe', 'possibly' and 'chances'.

Sorry for the scare! 😳
sararanye (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-13)
I have tried asking my mom, and she says that she never bothered asking. All she knew is that he was into some freaky stuff.

Demon? Serious? Oh dear.): Not good.
HardToScare432 (1 stories) (72 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
Do you realize, that you saw a Demon in your sisters room? Congrats though, you are psychic 😊
Eva_the_empath (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
Is it true by any chance that a type of Voodo is partially connected to christian beliefs and animal sacrifice?
Shadead (91 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
Thats really trippy as for your fathers religion try ask your mother and just say you really need answers, Explain everything you can to her.

As for the fear of the dark its rather rational to have a fear of the dark as it can hide and conceal many things.

Not sure if this helps at all but please persist with finding the truth.

Regards,
~Shadead.
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
try your mum again ask her what your dad was involved in and do some quiet research on the subject it may help if you understand what's going on its only my opinion but animal sacrifice is not good it can facilitate powerfull negative majic it sounds to me like you need some form of protection but from what that's the question I hope you can talk to your mum some times parents don't listen to there kids as well as we should good luck and I hope you get some answers
sararanye (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
About his religion, it us just a scary thought that my dad actually did those kinds of things. I am religious, but not the point of asking for a higher deities help. I rather figure it out on my own. 😁

About finding books, I have been doing that, but none of the recommendations ever help me in well, reducing the amount of activity around me. And it tends to get worse when I get stressed... These next few months be on the look out for more. Ugh! College applications.):
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
I can never remember which it is, hoodoo or voodoo, that mixes in the Catholic saints with their pantheon. It sounds like maybe your father was a practitioner of one of those. Unless he specifically named you in a ritual though (unlikely), I think his beliefs are coincidental to your experiences.
More likely he was a sensitive or psychic, and passed that ability to you. Now, my suggestion would be to find an experienced psychic who could guide you along the path of using your ability. That person could also show you how to tune things out when it becomes overwhelming. It could be a challenge to find the person who can help you however. Truly psychic people don't always advertise their abilities. In the meantime, go to your local bookstore and grab whatever you can find on developing/controlling psychic abilities.
It isn't an easy talent that you've been born with. I wish you luck in learning to control it. ❤
Lucy1 (2 stories) (16 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
Hi Sararanye

When you say your father participated in rooster slaughterings and believed in the saints - do you mean that he practiced his own/other religion but at the same time taught you Roman Catholicism? If so, perhaps he thought he had awakened something paranormal while practicing his religion and was trying to apologise for this? That's just my idea. I am sorry you've developed a fear of the dark - I can empathise with that. I am not religious myself but I have read many a time on this site and others that calling out to Jesus or your chosen higher power can help to curb these activities. Of course, that's only if you feel comfortable doing that.
I hope you get some more comments helping you out.
Lx
sararanye (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
[at] Natfish:
I am not allowed to talk to my father's family. My mother doesn't along with them.
Yes, the prediction did come true. It makes me afraid to tell anyone my dreams, because when I do, they come true. It a frightening thought.
natfish (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
You might ask your fathers parents about why he apologized. He might have passed this odd gift you have onto you. Do you know if any of the hospital predictions came true?
ambernsue (10 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
😊 I can see that you might be experiencing paranormal activities (if you are saying things you don't remember saying, seeing things other people don't...) 😊 I think that you should talk to an adult who has experienced this before... I am 14, and I also have been getting loss of sleep, but the worst is when I was shaked awaked 3 times in one night, and I woke up trembling-worse, more like shaking. 😕... Feel free to email me

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: