You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Get Your Feet Off My Couch

Real Ghost Stories

Get Your Feet Off My Couch

 

My grandma had passed away in February of 2003. And it really took its toll on my older sister and me. You see my grandmother was super honest and she didn't care if what she said hurt your feelings. My family always knew this very well. Well after about 9 months after her passing my sister and her kids had come to visit to help my mom adjust. My oldest niece Mashay used to tell us "Grandma Bina is getting mad that you guys keep sitting in her spot at the end of the couch." That had always blown my mind! But anyways it was really cold the night my sister came down from Denver and we had just got done cleaning the kitchen after dinner so mom wouldn't have to.

We sat down for awhile and played with the kids and she asked if she could go into my room to lay my nephew down for a bit. Of course I said yes. Well turns out they fell asleep on my bed and all the couches were taken in the front room, which only left one place to sleep. Downstairs. I hated going downstairs alone; something about it always gave me the creeps. It always seems when I go down there day or night alone or with anyone it feels like I'm being watched. Then I have to run up the stairs because it feels as if someone is chasing me, but for some reason that night it didn't bother me to go down there.

Ok, so I walk down stairs with a blanket and pillows and get settled on my grandparent's old couch and I start to fall asleep but still somewhat awake in the dark I feel someone is there and I can't help but hide under the blankets. All of a sudden I hear a real quiet voice say "God damn it Sarah, get your feet off my couch." Then it hit me, it was Grandma! She used to say that to me all the time! I had woken up the next morning and ran up stairs and had told my sister what had happened. I had never seen her face go so white. She had told me that she had seen grandma peek her head around the corner while coming up the stairs that morning. Turns out we had both seen her.

Other hauntings by Sarah-Sadist

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sarah-Sadist, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

amy111 (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-26)
i had something like this happen to me before. I never sew my grandma on my dad's side of the family. So one day I was in the kitchen and happen to see her there I knew it was her because I seen a photo of her before. ❤
Sarah-Sadist (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-27)
Well I haven't had anything Grandma related happen for awhile lol
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-26)
A funny yet freaking story! 😆 Good thing you never put your feet on the couch anymore. Seems like your grandma is still with you and haven't move on.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-09-25)
Sarah-sadist, I posted my answer about your age on your Swing story, which is where my question should have been to begin with. Sorry.
Sarah-Sadist (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-24)
Miracles51031:I just turned 20 back in April, why do you ask?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-09-24)
Sarah-Sadist, can I ask a personal question? I do have a reason for asking. How old are you?
Sarah-Sadist (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-23)
Daz, I know! Of all things she could have told me that had to be it!
Sarah-Sadist (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-23)
lol [at] Miracles51031 no worries I laugh about it too 😁 and no way! I never put my feet up on the couch again!
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-23)
Sarah-Sadist...your story reminds me of my own to some degree and what my departed mother said... Get your feet of my couch... Wheres my bed... (my mother)...wouldn't you think of all the things in the world they would say to us and keep in mind we may never in this life hear them again!... There few words are those words similar to there personalities and behavior as like when they where alive... You gotta love them and I hope you take this experience in a positive way... Cause I think she didn't realize you where receiving her so clearly, as I'm sure she would have said something different... And by the way my mother tag my experience with a short message which meant something to me... Good story thank you for sharing...

Daz 😁
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-22)
Sarah-Sadist, I'm sorry. I had to laugh when I read your story. I know it isn't funny, but I can just imagine your grandma telling you that. Even in death, she was still telling you that you should know better than to put your feet on her couch! Bet you didn't do it anymore, did you? 😆

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: