You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: There's Something In Your Room

Real Ghost Stories

There's Something In Your Room

 

This happened to me and a friend in November of 2017. My friend lives up the block from me, our school is up the block from her. Normally, I would wait for her outside house, but that morning I really had to use the bathroom. She let me into her house and told me that there is something weird going on in her house. I used the bathroom, and as was leaving the bathroom, the door suddenly slammed shut by itself. Take notice, the bathroom window wasn't open, and there was no draft, and none of the windows in the house was open, not to mention, it was only me and her in the house, her mom had already left for work, and her sister had left for school.

My friend, I will call her Mel in this case, came out of her room and asked if everything was ok. I told her that the bathroom door slammed out of nowhere. "A lot of things happen around here, but the bathroom door never slams shut," she said looking at me worried.

We dismissed the situation and went to her room (she was still doing her hair). I walked into her room, and sat down on her bed, while she finished doing her hair. Her closet door was open and I saw all the hangers started moving rapidly, and some even fell to the floor. I jumped up nervous, and we both kind of ran out of the room.

I was shaking all over, and told her to hurry up, because I didn't want to be in the house for too long. She sat down to put her sneakers on, when a sudden movement in her room caught my eye. A dark mass, with the outline of a person, was walking around in her room. I have always been able to see ghosts, and my 8th grade year (this is in 2017), I seem to be able feel them around me, and connect to their energy. The energy in the house got dark, and heavy. I screamed and started pulling on her to get of the door. I was hysterical as she told me later, and I was screaming "We need to leave now, we aren't safe".

I swear I have never felt more afraid in my life after that experience. She told me later that year, that something had followed her sister home, one day, that it seemed to be a friend or family member, but I don't really think they liked me much, because Mel told me the day I was in the house, was the only time that the ghost had caused so much chaos.

Other hauntings by M00nchxld_

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, M00nchxld_, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JoJorocks (4 stories) (27 posts)
-2
3 years ago (2021-01-30)
Black mass that suddenly shapes into human outline? Maybe what you're encountering are shadow creatures. I heard that creatures like that are non human entities. Although they're not necessarily evil but have emotions just like us.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-01-24)
Hi M00nchxld

Thanks for posting your experience. Are you able to please put some aspect of these events into a context that might, hopefully, fill in some gaps and answer some questions for me?

When your friend let you in and then your friend; "...told me that there is something weird going on in her house...", did you press your friend for any more information? Such as "What are you talking about? What do you mean "weird"?

Personally, that would have been my first question. But, we are all different, right?

When the bathroom door slammed shut you wrote: "...I told her that the bathroom door slammed out of nowhere. "A lot of things happen around here, but the bathroom door never slams shut," she said looking at me worried.

Are you able to elaborate as to why a slamming door would worry her, when in her words she said " a lot things happen around here..." At that point, I wonder, did you feel the need to maybe ask her what, exactly, she kept referring to?

When the hangers started moving, apparently by some unseen force, which made you both "kind of run" out of the room, I assume that event was of a different nature compared to the other things that were happening in her house?

Even at that point, as she puts her sneakers on, it seems she wasn't discussing with you at all, any of these events, or linking them to previous events that she has alluded to that very morning.

You wrote that later that year she told you "something followed her sister home". This just raises more questions for me. How did she know something followed her sister home? Was her sister psychic? Was your friend psychic? Why did your friend wait so long to give you that information?

You also wrote: "...I have always been able to see ghosts, and my 8th grade year (this is in 2017), I seem to be able feel them around me, and connect to their energy..." This would suggest that you have exceptional psychic abilities and would be a fantastic medium.

However, this seems to contradict not only your hysterical reaction (screaming) and you wanting to flee. I would have thought you would have "sensed" either the residual, or who, or what, the energy / spirit was as soon as you entered this house (as entering this house wasn't the first time I imagine?)

I also wonder did your friend know about your psychic abilities? She would have been asking you a lot about the "weird" things going on if she had, I would have thought.

I apologise for all these questions but I'm a relatively down-to-earth, rational individual (I believe) therefore when what I'm reading doesn't seem to "make sense", I try to find out more information to fill the gaps, in order to perhaps offer meaningful, relevant advice.

Regards

Mack
rolltide8925 (5 stories) (16 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-01-24)
Something about this thing following your friend's sister doesn't sound like friend or family. Sounds anything but. They may want to consider a cleansing and you may want to put up a wall as was suggested because this thing knew you could sense it and because you felt unsafe also leads to further feeling like it's not friendly in the least.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-01-04)
Hi M00nchild, I agree with Lightmight. The way this spirit acted up in your presence could suggest they were aware you could sense them. But that doesn't mean they can just throw you everything in the book. Protection and boundaries are a super practical step to take.

Thanks for sharing.
M00nchxld_ (3 stories) (9 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2020-12-28)
[at] LightMight, thank you so much for your advice, I haven't tjpught about keeping a journal, but now I think I will try it, also I have already started creating bountries with the spritual world around me...
-M00nchxld_🖤
LightMight (4 stories) (137 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2020-12-26)
Hi MOOnchxld,

It sounds a lot like you are sensitive to the spiritual realm, which isn't a bad thing, especially around here! I realize that you haven't asked for help, but there are a few things I would like to share w/you. Unless you've already done so, something that you may want to seriously consider is researching how to create spiritual boundaries for the 'ghosts' (spirits) you encounter. Not only can it help protect you, but it can also make you feel less vulnerable and more empowered. Another thing you might want to do is keep a journal; journaling can help you see if there are any patterns to the spiritual activity in your life.

Lastly, I think you were very smart by trusting your own feelings and wanting to leave your friend's house right after you felt the negative energy there. Always follow your instincts, because they're usually never wrong.

Best Wishes!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: