You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: To Mention A Few

Real Ghost Stories

To Mention A Few

 

My name is jenny as most of the story tellers here I was born here In the Philippines. I am a true believer but don't have a lot of encounters with ghost so here I will start my story.

This story was told to me when I was about 13 years old this happened to my sister when she was 2 years old then and I was 3. We used to live in a very rural place in Bula, Cam. Sur, Bicol. Our nanay (grandmother we are used to calling her nanay) was the one taking care of us, my dad was divorced with my mom because he had another family and he did not care to support us financially so my mom had to work overseas. It was late in the afternoon when my sister and I were playing in the farm. That evening my little sister came home late, she was muddy, wet and laughing hard. My nanay asked why she was wet. Then my sister said "nahulog po ako sa balon" (I fell down the well). My nanay was so upset and asked her how she came back up because the well was too deep for her to get up too and she was really young and doesn't know how to swim. My sister pointed to the dark and said "sya yung tumulong sakin" (he was the one who helped me) when my nanay looked she was scared because my sister was pointing to no one and she gave her a bath and brought her to an albularyo (witch doctor) I did not know what happened next but weird things started happening then...

This next story happened about 3 years after the first story. My mom went back home from overseas and she picked us up from our province, we lived in an apartment in Las Piñas city, she hired a maid to take care of us because she was busy in work at a mall nearby, this was around 5:30 - 6pm we were playing in the park and the maid came to pick us up. I did not want to go home and I was very upset with her that I made a fuss. She found a caterpillar and scared me to go back home, when we reached the house she put the caterpillar on the right drawer of the sewing machine, she gave us a bath and told us to eat dinner and sleep, I had a fever that night because I was so afraid of the caterpillar. In the morning I went to my mom's room and asked if she had a pasalubong for us. She said yes but first I had to get scissors from the sewing machine to open the package, I went down stairs and opened the left drawer of the sewing machine, then went back up telling my mom that the scissor was not there, she told me to check the other drawer, the right one but when I opened it there was a very big worm (I did not know that it was a snake then) that was curling the scissors I screamed so loud that my mom had to go downstairs, the when we opened the door the neighbors where there to help us get rid of the snake, I did not know what happened to the maid then but I still think that she is a mangkukulam. (Witch)

Till the next story... Do you think that both stories are related? A lot of things happened after that but I can only recall some.

Please leave a comment thanks

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jenny00800, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

jay_lee (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-15)
huh?! What made you think that your yaya is a witch? It doesn't makes her a witch just because the caterpillar that was placed in the right drawer of your sewing machine became a snake when you opened it. And besides, you also said that you don't know at that time that a "very big worm" is a snake. Are you sure that what your yaya found is a caterpillar? You can't even distinguish the difference of the two. Just asking... Peace ^^ 😜
lovebugs (3 stories) (31 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-23)
i think they are not related... Not a chance... And you love the word "FEW" don't you?:) just noticed...
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-09-27)
let me correct my line <It might have a hole where it can sneak into>. What I mean is, there could be a small hole in the drawer where the snake used to get into the drawer.

^_^
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-09-27)
Hi Jenny! I am from the Philippines and our culture is rich with those stories. With the first encounter, I think an entity helped your sister out of the well. It oculd be good duwende or a good engkanto since you are in the province. With your second encounter, I'm thinking of 2 things. First, it could really be a snake that accidentally sneaked into the drawer. It might have a hole where it can sneak into. Second, the maid could really be a mangkukulam, since they are the only ones who can cast spells.

robertar (223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-09-27)
the first story about the well sounded like an angel. What did the person look like?
x10 (6 stories) (46 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-09-26)
Hi jenny;

Nice story... Maybe you just can see this sort of things, maybe the first encounter made you sensitive to the paranormal... Do you have additional experiences now that you have grown up?

❤,

--x10--
jenny00800 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-25)
Thanks kamui and miss amos

Kamui_true there was no electicity that time and we where using gas lamps for lights, at the thaught of it it is still scary,

Miss amos, I would like to hear more stories from you as well., hope you like filipinos:-)
miss_amos (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-24)
wow that's a interestig storys please share more on here cool my uncle is married to lady in philipines his australian they are really nice hav told me few stories about over there is interesting
kamui (1 stories) (56 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-24)
Great nice story and kind of relate to your first story, I have lived in a rural place too, by the way I'm from Philippines too, that story freaked me out. For those who can't understand, in very rural places, during early years, there was no electricity there, so the main source of light was a gas lamp, am I right? And the house are kilometers apart, so during the evening, outside that's total pitch black darkness, unless there's a full moon.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: