You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Few Strange Occurrences

Real Ghost Stories

A Few Strange Occurrences

 

It was a beautiful warm day in sunny Florida. My husband, boyfriend at the time, and I decided to take a slow walk around the lake behind his house to have some time alone.

We made our way past the houses and into the trees. Standing next to the lake we listened to the bird and enjoyed the occasional light breeze. Suddenly it was silent. Not a chirp. I got a strange feeling from the tip of my toes and up. I looked over at my love and his eyes told me he felt the same. We were being watched. Slowly we turned around. About 50 feet away, tangled in vines and bushes, was an old tree that forked off into 2 sides very low to the ground. Staring at us from the V in the tree was a dark figure. It appeared to be a VERY large black man and he had no face! No eyes I could see or anything else! This man also had no shirt on. I couldn't imagine how someone could have gotten through those vines to get back there. We stared at it for a few seconds and it felt like forever. Finally I asked my love if we should investigate. It was like my words snapped him into reality. He grabbed my arm firmly and started walking in the opposite direction. "Darling," he said "NO WAY!"

I later found out he saw things like this from time to time. He didn't like it at all. He wouldn't talk about it with me for a long time. It was not our last encounter with the paranormal.

A few days later we watched a movie called Blare Witch Project. (I know, I know!) But we had not seen it before and decided to let ourselves really get into it. Back then I loved to write poetry and I had a book sitting on the dresser. It had been there for months. In the middle of a very exciting part of the movie, my poetry book flew off the dresser and hit the wall. Needless to say, we were considerably startled! The freakiest part was when we stood up to see if the book could have just been on the edge and decided to fall for some reason right then. We were shocked to find a square in the dust where the book had been laying flat (wasn't the best housekeeper at the time), nowhere near the edge of the dresser.

Time went on and we moved in with his mother cause our first child was on the way. After she was born, I was changing her diaper in the nursery and kept seeing a black shadow, like a cat, crossing in front of the doorway. My mother-in-law would never allow a cat in her house due to allergies. Then it started appearing when I would walk out of the room and I would actually trip on the thing. On one such occasion I let out my frustrations by telling the little beast to stay out of the way. From down the hall I heard my mother-in-law say, "Did you trip over the cat?" Then she told me she saw it all the time.

A few more strange things have happened but these were the most memorable.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LadyKarli, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

LadyKarli (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-15)
Once a co-worker was telling him about her Grandma. He told me it really freaked him out cause as she was talking he saw the figure of an elderly lady over her shoulder. For a long time he teased me about the cat... Till he saw it himself:) He never likes me bringing anything about the paranormal up because he doesn't really like when it happens & I get the feeling he doesn't want people to know. I believe he has a gift. He knows things before they happen a lot. I am the only one who knows this because he is so shy about it. Makes me feel oddly special.:)
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-13)
Interesting. I do love the poet in you as you tell the story of you and your love. Very romantic even if it was scary! I am somewhat interested to learn of what your love see's from time to time. Is it the same shaped man or is it different visions.

Thanks, zeta.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: