You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: A Few Weird Creatures

Real Ghost Stories

A Few Weird Creatures

 

The first experience I will describe today is the strangest thing I have ever seen in my life. I still don't know what it was but this is what happened.

My daughter and I were on the way to my parents' house on a Sunday afternoon in early October. It was approximately 7-8 years ago but I remember every detail. All of my family lives within miles of each other in rural Eastern TN, so every Sunday my mom cooks a huge dinner and we all show up to eat and spend the evening together. Anyway, as I rounded a sharp curve in the road I immediately had to swerve to my left to avoid hitting something.

It wasn't exactly in the road but was sitting on the very edge of the asphalt, with its back turned to the road and its legs stretched out in front of it on someone's driveway. It never reacted to my car coming so near to it so I thought someone had placed a dummy there to scare people. (Remember, it was almost Halloween.)

I got a close look at as I came to a near stop and I saw it had on a shiny-looking black coat. Judging from the way its legs were positioned it may have been 3ft tall when standing. But for some reason what sticks with me the most was its hair. It was very long and very similar to its coat in color and the shiny, almost oily black appearance of it.

Well, ok, someone put a stuffed dummy in the road, just drive around it and go on. I was doing just that when it turned and looked at us. Sarah was in the front passenger seat so she was closer to it than I was but we both clearly saw it. Its face was like a black, wrinkled, rotten apple- and that is pretty much all I can say about its face because I vacated the area in a hurry.

When we arrived at my mom's and began to tell what we had seen my cousin interrupted halfway through and finished describing it. She lives about a mile from where we saw it and just the night before had seen something short and black cross through her yard, heading for the woods behind her house.

We never saw it again but heard of a few local people who had spotted something similar in the area. I wish now I had stayed to observe it instead of driving away, so I hope I see it again someday.

Next story: My partner and I (together for over 12yrs) live in a heavily wooded subdivision in our small town. He isn't a skeptic but doesn't have as many experiences as I do but he saw something one night on his way home from work.

It was late, around 10pm and as he pulled into our driveway he saw something rush across our yard, directly underneath our automatic floodlights and then disappear into the darkness of our backyard.

He of course went to investigate and found nothing but he still swears he saw a monkey running on its hind legs. He was totally dumbfounded but he knows what he saw and still refuses to talk about it.

One last short story: My aunt and I were driving after dark on a long, straight stretch of road. We were just chatting away when something ran into the road in front of the car. The odd thing was that it didn't cross the road, it ran in front of the car in the middle of the road while we were still driving and let me tell you, it was fast. She flicked on the high beams and I swear this thing looked like a chihuahua dog but bigger. It was a light tan color from what we could see but its head was enormous, way out of proportion with the body, and it had long ears like a rabbit. It was there and gone in a flash but we no doubt saw a weird animal in the road that night.

Other hauntings by Mandee

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mandee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-09)
Mandee, Your stories are very strange indeed. I know the feeling of living around the woods can be beautiful yet very scary at the same time. Not knowing what kind of creature you might encounter. I live in a place surrounded by woods in NC now and it can be very scary driving home at night. I truly believe that what you have seen can possibly be explained, but I've had friends and family encounter weird creatures themselves so anything is possible. Please keep us updated if you encounter any this creatures again.

Looney 😊
Mandee (9 stories) (20 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-16)
Yes, Toby, that occurred to me later that it fit some of the descriptions of a chupacabra but not all.
And like you said, in TN? I don't know what it was, all I know is that I saw a very strange-looking something on the road that night. I've never again seen it and I've never heard of anyone else seeing it either. Very strange!
Toby (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-12)
I can't say much about the first two, but the last creature sounds kind of like how some have described chupacabras. I don't know why it would be in Tennessee, but that is the closest creature I could find that matched the description. 🤔
Mandee (9 stories) (20 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-11)
Ok, hi guys and thanks for reading about my experiences! As for the first story, about the black thing we saw sitting beside the road, I did consider many explanations but still came up empty-handed.
First was the fact that if it was a person in a costume, it was either a child or an abnormally short person. Also add in the fact that others have also seen it, and from what I have heard many locals still continue to see it.
As for the dog-like thing my aunt and I spotted, it is perfectly plausible that it was a poor deformed animal (remember, we live in a rural area with a ton of wildlife), but I think what made me mark it in my memory like I have is because it was so fast, and it apparently had no fear of the car whatsoever.
Please let me know more opinions after reading this post, I'm absolutely open to any suggestions on the identity of these creatures, and thank you so much!
publicways (32 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-11)
Regarding the first story, why couldn't it have been a person in a costume? Most of the time the simplest explanation is the right one.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-10)
Halloween... Time for creepy decorations and spooky pranks.
While reading your description of the black creature I couldn't help but to think about the following video:

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFyZsXphfG4

It's obvious that some people will go out of their way to scare everybody else. I wouldn't discard the possibility of one of the neighbours goofing around with a remote controlled toy.

As for the long eared chihuahua, it could have been an animal with a deformity. Do you know of any other sightings of this creature reported in the area?

I enjoyed reading your submission, thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: