You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Few Experiances

Real Ghost Stories

A Few Experiances

 

I will start by saying that I have always believed in ghosts but never thought I would experience anything, until recently.

The biggest experience I had started after my brother unfortunately passed away. I think he visited me a few times after he died for the following reasons.

1) I let my brother live with me for a few years. I would find the light on in the room that was his. I hadn't been in that room for six months so I know it wasn't me. Even if it was me I would have noticed that it was on at some point. This happened multiple times. I would turn it off just to find it on the next day.

2) I would wake up in the morning to find the living room tv was on. I had the tv set to turn off after one hour of inactivity so it could not have been on that long, I am also really good at turning things off after myself. My brother had the habit of never turning lights or tvs off.

3) I would find my car keys on the kitchen table where he would leave then on the occasion I let him borrow my car. I never put them there.

4) After he passed I got his xbox1. While I am aware that the system does have a glitch that causes it to turn itself on there are a few things I cannot explain. The first being the system turned on 5 times in a row. If its the glitch its one time and its done for a few days. In the instance I would turn it off get two steps away and it would turn back on. I said hi to my brother and the instance stopped. The following morning I unplugged the system. I got home from work the system was plugged back in and turned on.

Things stopped after a month or so.

I have a radio from 1928 I wonder if it has a spirit attached to it. It has doors on it that lock. The doors occasionally open themselves even if locked. My pet birds act spooked whenever I carry them passed it.

I also had on occasion to wake up to someone yelling HEY right in my face. I have also heard what sounds like sneezing coming from the living room. I live alone so I cannot explain why this would be.

Thanks

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kowalkoj, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Rajine (14 stories) (740 posts)
+4
11 months ago (2023-04-12)
Hi Kowalkoj

I suppose that your brother is just trying to say HI and let you know that he is around, as for the radio, I do believe that objects can be haunted, perhaps the person it belonged to previously has an attachment to it.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+4
11 months ago (2023-04-09)
Hi Kowalkoj,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope the activity has been a helpful comfort to you and your bother also during this time.

About the radio having an attachment, you could start writing down the times you notice the doors opened. There may be a pattern to it, same time of day/month/year, for example. If you're not bothered by it then it's likely not negative in nature.
The birds getting spooked by it might have more to do with the magnetic field from the radio. Birds can see magnetic fields and speakers have magnets, so they may be appearing spooked due to confusion while passing by the radio.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.
CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (238 posts)
+2
11 months ago (2023-04-09)
kowalkoj, Birds are sensitive to paranormal activity apparently. That in it self would spook me. I meant to ask what type of birds in my previous comment and forgot.
You have some really clever cookies here who have a lot of experience with these sorts of situations, like LadyGlow, Bibliography, Val, Tweed, AuzzieDaz, TheLostVogage, Ragine, the list is just endless, but these members are my go-to members. I tend to fall back on their words of wisdom and always come up trumps. I can't offer you much more than what Ladyglow has mentioned other than music, soft calming music. I've read that works.
kowalkoj (1 stories) (2 posts)
+4
11 months ago (2023-04-08)
Hi Lady glow
The second part of the story has been happening mostly sense I bought the house. My neighbor has said that no one had died in the house, so it is weird. The radio from 1928 I bought right after I moved in which is why I wonder if it has anything to do with it? The occurrences don't scare me but do fall in the wtf category.

Thanks, Jason
kowalkoj (1 stories) (2 posts)
+4
11 months ago (2023-04-08)
I appreciate the feedback!
I forgot to mention I have had a few instances when I am in the basement around midnight I hear what sounds like foot steps in the living room. I will go up to look at no one is there. This is confirmed by my brother. When he was living with me he would text me asking why I am moving around so much and loudly. At the time I was on thirds and most of the time I wouldn't be home.

I did have a priest bless the house when I first moved in because of really bad nightmares. It did help the nightmares.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+4
11 months ago (2023-04-08)
That thing about the XBox plugging itself back in after you unplugged it intrigues me most of all this stuff. Of course, light switches don't flip themselves either.

I'm not sure which is scarier: living with a ghost in the house, or living with an unknown squatter.
CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (238 posts)
+2
11 months ago (2023-04-08)
Kowalkoj, I'm so sorry for your loss and may your brother RIP. What a kind, and helpful comment from Lovely Ladyglow who has mentioned a cleansing. I don't need to repeat that suggestion to you, but I will say the cleansing process really helps. (My sister continues to cleanse her home) to ward off negative spirits.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+4
11 months ago (2023-04-08)
I'm sorry for your loss. May your brother's memory be eternal.

Hi kowalkoj.

This is a set of very interesting experiences and, yes, I think all the activity you have described was caused by your brother. Perhaps he took his time leaving this plane in order to spend a little longer with you and this was a way to let you know that he is still around, even after his passing.

"Death" is not the end of love.

Although you have decided not to participate in the discussion, I'm going to ask few questions, not expecting and answer but, perhaps, these might help you to figure out what is going on in your place.

Was the activity you report on the second part of your story already happening before your brother's death?
If the answer is yes, perhaps you could start for asking your brother to stop doing this.

If not, and you suspect the presence of a stranger in your place, it would be a good idea to perform a cleansing/blessing of the house according to your personal beliefs, or ask for the help of a religious leader.

Good luck and thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: