You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Mysterious Voice

Real Ghost Stories

Mysterious Voice

 

It was Christmas Day 1998; the first Christmas my family spent in our new house. I was upstairs playing with my presents when I heard an unusual, shrill voice scream my name- the loudest I have ever heard my name called- "SHANA!"

Downstairs, in a completely different area of the house, my dad had gotten violent with my mother in a fit over breakfast. When I saw my mother she was on the floor, crying, in pain. Running off fear, I went to call 911, but my dad sneaked up behind me and hung up the phone before I could reach the operator.

Later that day I asked my mom if she had called my name. (I thought something was weird since the voice sounded nothing like hers. The voice sounded neither female nor male.) She turned and said no, she had never called my name for help. She was confused too, as to how I knew she was in trouble.

For a long time I forgot about this incident. Thinking back on it I wonder who or what called my name that Christmas morning? Who or what knows me? Or is there some type of paranormal activity in my home? I know I heard an unusual voice, and since that day I haven't heard a voice like it.

I would really like some type of closure about this incident, or even just thoughts/comments from fellow readers.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SkysMama, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Walter_R (1 stories) (81 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-28)
I have a story close to that but it wasn't a person it was a cat, I had a strong feeling to go and check on this one female cat we have here so I went to the door going out side and I yelled her name, Lucy, I yelled and then I saw her stuck in the maids truck, so I ran over there and got her out, it was summer time and the cat could have over heated if she had been left in there for a long time.

My dad used to be mean on Christmas day, but not to my mom, but to my brothers and I. He would say stuff like you kids don't desever anything for Christmas or I sould take back the gifts and stuff like that, it used to drive my brothers and I crazy, we got to where we didn't even want to get up for Christmas, we would all get up later on when we were teenagers. Then my mom would yell down stairs aren't you guys going to get up it's Christmas day. My mom was very sweet on Christmas she was the one that always made sure there was Christmas stuff hanging up around the house. She is pass on now for these past almost 3 years and I miss her very much. My dad's still around but he's not as mean as he used to be on Christmas day.

Take care,

Walter:-)

--------------
I_Am_SPECTRA (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-13)
I'm sorry to hear about your childhood situation Skymama. I spent my childhood witnessing the same things. It robs you of something though that's all in the past for me.
Now, maybe what you heard SkyMama, was your mum crying out in her mind for you. Surley the first thing a mother thinks of in such a situation would be the safety of her children. You may have picked up her mind by telepathy. I believe these things do occur. It's quite well documented. Take care 😊
SuperHBK (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-14)
Skymama... It might be hat your mothers mother was there that day watching over you and your mother. I am sorry for what happened that day...

Now just a piece of advise from my side... My father is also abusive and I know its not nice to see him in jail but once a abuser always an abuser. Its not nice to live in a house that is like that. I know that cause I grew up in that type of house. And today my father regrets it... He tried to abuse me and my sister and we finally stood up against him and we beated him up really bad. I know this sounds wrong and I know people will criticize me for doing that but at least I know now he will never lift his hands again.
SkysMama (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-14)
What happened- after my dad sneaked up behind me and hung up on the 911 operator- was that I rushed to my mom's side. My dad has always been abusive.
When I heard my name being called "SHANA!" I can still remember EXACTLY how it sounded- yet the sound is so unexplainable. It was extremely loud- yet my parents downstairs didn't hear it- and the last "a" in "Shana" carried on like "SHANAAAAAAAA".

That Christmas, I just couldn't believe my mom hadn't been the one to call my name. Before the police got to my house, my parents asked me to lie to protect my dad. My mom didn't have any terribly huge injuries, so my folks just played up my age (I was 7 or 8) saying I was "confused".
They made me look stupid and I remember the Officer said to me "you did the right thing to call us, even though it was a 'false alarm.'"
It wasn't a false alarm; but I'm not cold enough to see my father sit out Christmas in jail.

Maybe the voice was my mom's mother who passed away 5 years before that Christmas?
My mom smells her presence. She always sneezes then smells the smell of her mother.

Or it could have been a Guardian. Either way much is left to the imagination in determining the source of the voice.

Shana
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-05)
Hi SkysMama, sorry to hear about you abusive father, that's not the way to treat your wife and family, especially on Christmas. The one with the voice knew he would get your attention and by called out your name loudly prevented a tragedy from happening. This must have been a guardian protecting your mom. I hope your dad will realise someday that it's wrong to be abusive and get some help to change this evil behaviour. Take care and good luck for the future. ❤
sinner (guest)
+3
14 years ago (2010-10-03)
No offense, but your dad sounds like he needs his butt kicked, big time! 😠
butthead (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-02)
i forgot to add the word prevented in the line " " who, or whatever, possibly prevented something worse happening by making you go to your mother " if this does not make sense. Sorry. I have a big headache!
butthead (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-02)
my thoughts are pretty much the same as all the below.
Either your gaurdian, or your mothers, perhaps even one in the same, perhaps neither just someone who is attached to the house, but who or whatever probably possibly something even more worse happening by making you go to your mother.
MaddieMystery (1 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-02)
Wow, this is a pretty sad story about your parents, well it sounds to me like some kind of guardian angel considering they called out to you to alert you of the danger your mother was in, hope your mother was okay.
30stones (2 stories) (13 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-01)
I believe strongly in the concept of guardian angels; I have had several experiences of my name being called and, as you described, I could never figure the sex, age or even exact location of the source of these voices.

These incidents have always happened during extremely traumatic emotional times in my life. I believe it was my personal Angel telling me 'hey, all is cool: I gotcha back!'
reneespring (148 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-30)
OMG...what happened next? How did your mother receive medical treatment if your horrible father stopped you from calling 911?: (: (: (
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+3
14 years ago (2010-09-30)
Someone was looking out for your mother that day. I agree with BJJ and think it was a guardian that got your attention and led you downstairs. Abuse is never acceptable. I'm so sorry you have to remember that Christmas like that. I hope everything turned out well for your mom and you. ❤
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+6
14 years ago (2010-09-30)
perhaps you running into the room to check on mom was just enough to snap your dad out of his moment of physical rage. Could have stopped you dad from killing her... Who knows who got your attention.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
14 years ago (2010-09-30)
I think that in this instance, someone was trying to protect your mother by calling for you. We all have a guardian, but those guardians can't always interact with the physical world. Her guardian needed you to interact with the world for it, by calling 911.
I know it's none of my business, but I hope you didn't get roughed up for trying to help. I hope your mom was ok too.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: