You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Is The Devil Watching Me?

Real Ghost Stories

Is The Devil Watching Me?

 

Bear with me, after reading SO many stories, some related to me. I'm here to share my story and please, reply with seriousness, because I want to know what you think what happened, if it was demonic or not. This was years ago to, it rarely happens anymore but, as a paranormal fan I would like to share with you guys, my true story.

When I was a kid I used to play very mature games, which kind of spooked me out. That includes games like turok and starcraft. I would always be freaked out and when going to sleep in this one room in my house, weird and paranormal stuff would happen, including shadows in the corners and even out the window. My window use to have curtains and I would see this "witch" type figure outside of it. My room was on the top floor meaning that the person was floating. That was the start of the paranormal stuff.

I started seeing very VERY detailed things. I would wake up and see a deformed midget with a huge smile looking at me, with white makeup and red around its eyes, I assure you it wasn't a clown. I would hide under my blankets until it would start to slowly fade away, my parents said it was all in my head but I swear to you these games didn't make me that messed up. After that I would start to wake up paralyzed, not able to move and see like 5 people run in my room and make so much noise, including smashing the walls and screaming at my face. When I was able to move after around 10 seconds I would freak out and start screaming at my parents saying zombies came in my room.

This would happen at least once a month; I would always be paralyzed when I wake up and after reading so many stories... I'm guessing that's not a normal thing to happen. But those people that kept running in my room making as much noise as they can while smiling, whispering, shouting, staring, were definitely some demonic people. The worse that ever happened is that I woke up, again paralyzed, pushed over my bed and almost broke my arm. They did that once and never did it again.

It stopped for a couple of years, but then one day I was feeling very sick... I stayed home and was trying to fall asleep on the couch, while my mom was on the other couch watching TV, the thing is I woke up paralyzed seeing my mom and dog in the same place moving around, but I couldn't scream for help and couldn't move. I finally snapped out of it and told my mom was I awake that whole time? She said I had my eyes open very wide and looked like I was dying. After that I spoke to my friend about it, and he said that it's some devil, and that I should be keeping a lucky "baboon" in the corner of my room so that it would stop.

Does that mean that some kind of devil has taken over my body? And I am being strong to make sure it doesn't totally control it, by trying to move as hard as I can? If I ever let myself stay paralyzed without doing anything about it... Would I have been a different man that I am today?

Sorry for my grammar, I'm not the smartest in my English class.

I'm 16 living in the same house, and I forgot to add more stuff to it, but I don't have the time to do it, sorry. Thanks for reading my story. Oh and before I go I would like to tell you all its been around 1 year that nothing has happened, so I feel safe now... But I still think there watching me, and always will be until the day I die.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, leafsrock, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

brighteyes1993 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-31)
I also have sleep paralysis, and have fallen off the bed do to it. I was told by my doctor to calm down and focus on moving one of my fingers when they are accruing. I can see people and hear things during them and it feels like something is pushing on my chest which makes it hard to breath. I also have night terrors and see things when those first start.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-22)
I don't think the video games have anything to do with it except the fact that they add some detail to your imagination, perhaps allowing you to "fill in the blanks". This sounds like a simple case of sleep paralysis. The brain wakes but the body is still in its self-defense mode of sleep, where it remains paralyzed so as not to hurt itself (by tossing, turning, scratching yourself, etc.). It's a medical condition that can be treated and you can take some measures to prevent sleep paralysis attacks.

I think the things you saw were probably hallucinations caused by your mind not quite being fully awake...you're aware enough to know where you are, but not fully "there", you know?

If these are spiritually enduced, I don't think you have much to worry about, just tell them to go away and leave you alone (when you AREN'T paralyzed). Don't panic if it happens again. Relax yourself as much as you can, focus on breathing, and count down if it helps distract your mind. It seems like forever but usually only lasts one or two minutes, and can be prevented by moving around if you start feeling the "pins and needles" sensation in your body.
leafsrock (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-08)
Thanks for the help, nothing new has happened yet, and to answer your question about my parents seeing anything, well I don't think so. My dad, who owns a roofing company is one tough cookie... He believes in nothing, it's pretty weird. If he did see something "Paranormal" he would assume that it was something like "something falling on the floor" or "someone talking outside" or "its all your head". I can never bring my dad in this kind of stuff, hes a athiest and I'm surprised its me getting taunted and not my dad, not that I want my dad to see this stuff... I'm actually very glad its on me, since I'm getting used to it.

Thanks for your answers guys... Really supportive. If I ever start seeing those paranormal stuff again, I will do what you guys have told me, bless the house and that salt thing.

-Brandon
nosuchthing (15 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-10-08)
Over active imagination sparked by games being you played. That and sleep paralysis. No spirits or devil watching you.
Spirit_I_Private_Detective (18 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-10-08)
Hmmm, this is an interesting case. From the stories of adults, it would sound really rare to have a multitude of people rush into your room like that. However, from the perspective of a child, or an adult who experienced vast amounts of the paranormal as a child, things can be much more dramatic.

Children are more vulnerable, more psychic, more open. Ideally we'd like to think they're more protected, but unfortunately, no matter how much a parent swears they would protect their child from any harm, many refuse to even consider their children's paranormal fears. That leaves the child to fend for themselves against some of the most terrifying challenges in our world. And confusion carries on into Their adulthood. But at least these people won't make the same mistake with their children.

I want to find out what sort of entity you have. If you do indeed have a demon, it must be of a very low order/intelligence. Smarter demons have more complex things to do than Just scare you, and it would have become apparent by the time you reached this age.
The reason it does appear to be demon-like is its affinity to only appear around a single person (the youngest) in the house.
Do your parents see no activity around the house at all?

What I want to point out to you, to help you, is that you are alive today. You can fight this entity (s) from the standpoint that you refuse to give in, or let it hurt you. Make a stand for your territory, your sanctity, and only allow protective and loving energies within Your space. You can do this with whatever icons, plants, stones, pictures, or words inspire you. Particularly around where you sleep. It doesn't need to be a huge ceremony. Just enough to make you feel confident.

Puppetmaster's suggested ingredients are well-tested, and a good starting point to cleanse a space. Then to protect you, many people visualize their spirit guides or animal totems watching over them while they sleep. Stones with special meaning to you can also be used to call forth a protector. These could be good ways to break out of paralysis.
Puppeteer13 (131 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-08)
If these strange occurences start to happen again there are some precautions you can take to avoid further contact. Sage Salt and Wild roses. A circle of salt around your bed or a line of salt across your doorway will make a powerfull barrier, also burn sage in the room to purify it, and if at all possible keep wild roses in the room. Thank you for shareing such an interesting experiance if you wish to consult me further you may contact me at the email on my profile

Good luck and best wishes
Your freind,
The Puppeteer
leafsrock (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-07)
[at] Jennifer

Oops forgot to answer your question, it's pretty simple... They didn't believe me. I had a bruise and everything, but they said I probably got that from falling during my hockey games or playing a bit to rough with my friends...

It really hurt back then, you don't understand how grateful I was when it stopped... Thanks

-Brandon
leafsrock (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-07)
Thanks for the response guys! Those were the only games I really played that are "Scary" for kids. I forgot to mention sometimes when I try to pass out on the couch, I hear a cabinet door shut really loud, when I said "no stuff happened in the past year", I was really talking about being paralyzed and and that demonic stuff. Anyways I would hear it shut very loud, like as if someone was grabbing a snack from it and shutting it, my cabinet doors are pretty loud when shut.

After writing this story, it got in my head, in the past TWO days I have been experiencing very wierd stuff... It's coming back and reading your comments really makes me feel safe. It seems after writing this story, everyone thing that happened when I was a kid was coming back. I seriously don't want to wake up with a creepy little guy smiling at me anymore guys... I can't handle it... Writing this makes me have tears in my eyes because it's just way to scary. Imagine this, waking up seeing a guy with a face you could not reconize, as if it was some "alien" or "devil", walking towards you with a smile on his face, then screaming. Think about that, it gives me chills...

Thanks for all the support! I will most likley make another story adding more details to what I have seen in my 16 years of life.

-Brandon
Redsphere (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-07)
[at] Rath9375,
If leafsrock is playing games like "Turok and Starcraft" then he is fine, those are just video games and are not able to open any doors.

Anyway Leafsrock I wouldn't jump right away to demonic when dealing with the paranormal, it could just be some mischievous spirits that get a laugh (or power) from your reaction and fear. There are many methods of getting rid of spirits, burning sage, blessing the house ect ect, it also might depend on your religious affiliation. But then again you also stated it died down a good bit, so in turn now trying 'cleans' or get rid of whatever these beings are might rile them up again. You also mentioned you left some things out, could you tell me what these things might be?
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-07)
Wow! That's scary. How did you explain the bed tipping over to your parents? I'm glad that it has stopped though. That is truly terrifying! Thanks for sharing and welcome to YGS.

Jennifer ❤
TheGirlInWhite (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-07)
That does sound really scarey with the people coming into your room, when you said that they pushed your bed over does definalty give the impression that they are bad spirits. Particually with the bed thing, I know by now that bad spirits tend to physically harm aswell as mentally harm, with paralizing the body.
Whether they are connected with The Devil I can't say. But if you are religious, some people have commented on here that anything holy would help, link holy water or saying a prayer could drive them away.

It does seem that things have calmed down, which is a good thing, hopefully it will stay that way.

What might help, if you ever feel a bad presence, is to either think of happy thoughts or go for a walk, just being out of the house or distracted might do the trick.
rath9375 (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-07)
Sleep paralysis with strange visions are very common. However, I am more concerned with these "games" you have played. The things you are experienceing could be because of opening a door for them or the could just be normal adolecent phenonena.
sinner (guest)
-1
13 years ago (2010-10-07)
You should get a ST Benedict Medal and have it blessed by a Catholic priest or get your house blessed... Good luck- Rebecca

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: