You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Of My Backyard

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Of My Backyard

 

One night my husband and I were sitting on the back porch with no lights on. I told him someone or something was on the property. He said it looked like what seemed to be a deer. Which is not uncommon here being I live in the woods. I let it be just that, a deer.

On another night sitting out back talking to some friends, my 16 year old son came outside and went on to say he saw something walking the property line one night. I had never spoken to anyone of what I saw. He described the same thing I saw. A woman from around 1940 or 1950, I am guessing, wearing a white nightgown with long dark hair.

My son and I sat out one night to see if we could see her again, and we did. At first we didn't realize that there is more than one. There is a child as well, who seems to hide behind the other one sticking their head out from side to side. I didn't feel any harm for awhile until this night. Once I realized there is another one, a panic came over me. I didn't understand at first, but I saw them both the first time.

I want to find out who she is, but have nothing to go on. If anyone could give me some suggestions on how to find out who they are so that I may try to help them move on would be greatly appreciated. I am really starting to fear what may happen if I can't help them

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, telamarie73, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2010-10-13)
telamarie, you said the bad feeling was after them being there for a while. I'm just trying to get a better "feel" for the bad feeling. Did they stand still for awhile looking in your direction or where they going back and forth in the same pattern for a long time?

Thanks for replying to my original questions. Sometimes people don't do that and it leaves a lot of unanswered questions. We're all trying to help, in whatever we can LOL! Some questions might seem a bit insignificant or even like "are you serious, I've already been asked this!" But it might depend upon the phrasing of the question. It could prompt a memory for you or another thought/idea someone else might have.

I understand the bad feeling when you know they are out there, just watching you. You can't see a face but you just "know" they're watching. The only consolation I can offer is, if it is truly just a residual haunting, you have nothing to fear.

My suggestion to you, and I can't believe I didn't suggest this earlier, is to keep a journal of these incidents. You have a good start now, with this story. Write as much information as you and your family members can remember including date/time/moon phase/weather conditions etc. All of this could be important. Residuals can play out in different patterns. They don't necessarily repeat every night or even once a week or month. They may occur only once or twice a year or even on the anniversary of the event that caused their death. Residual haunting are not the same. Each one seems to be different: different situation, different haunting. And haunting in this case is not a bad thing at all. As many people on YGS have stated before, residual is just like a tape playing over and over and over. It doesn't change.

Keep us updated, okay?
telamarie73 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-11)
my house is only 6 years old. Most of my neighborhood is the same. This area was mostly woods. And they don't come in the house. I have only seen them where the woods start behind my house. And only when the lights are off.
telamarie73 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-11)
thanks moongrim.
Miracles51031- I wasn't scared the first time I saw them. It was the second time that after awhile of them being there that a really bad feeling came over me. I just hope that they mean no harm to my family. They are always in the same area. They seem to be looking toward my porch. But it is completely dark out when I see them. And I can't see a face. I doesn't scare me that I can see them, I think its cool. But I did get a bad feeling the last time I saw them.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-10)
You may have to delve into the old newspaper accounts and county/parish property records. Find out who owned the lands, and check to see if anyone who lived there ever reported folks going missing.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2010-10-08)
telamarie - what is it that causes you to fear them? Is it because you can see them? Have they done anything to make you afraid of them? Do you sense any evil intent from them? Believe me, there is no mistaking evil. You can feel it. It's a whole different feeling than just being afraid of something.

Sometimes the fact that we can see ghosts/spirits is what causes us to be afraid, when in most cases the ghosts themselves are completely harmless.

In your case, as Darkness has stated, this could simply be a residual haunting. If the woman and child continue the same path each time you see them, and they do not deviate from it or acknowledge your existence, they are a residual haunting. Therefore, they do not even know you and your family exist. They do not intend to harm you or scare you.

An intelligent haunting is far different. They will interact with you. They are much more like your "typical" TV/movie ghost stories. Even then, in my experiences, intelligent hauntings don't always want to harm or scare you either. I'm not saying that's always the case. It isn't. But not every ghost is out to get you.

My advice is to just kind of lay low for a bit. See if you can determine whether or not this is an intelligent haunting or a residual. Unless you truly are frightened to the point of not caring one way or the other and you just want them gone. Then there are ways of taking care of that too.

My best to you and your family.
Spirit_I_Private_Detective (18 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-08)
I agree with Dan (DARKNESS), given only this information. Sightings that repeat in a predictable fashion tend to be residual reenactments of moments in time. I have never believed that the only residual moments have to be violent ones. Pleasant memories and people can also leave an impression on a place.

When you see them, is it always at a certain time? Always in a certain place?

- Spirit.I.
MaddyMasacar (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-08)
i have to agree with rath9375
Going to much into it can even get you into trouble and if they don't look at you or disturb you let them be.
rath9375 (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-08)
I would not recomend prying too deep for information. I would just enjoy shareing the outside with them and leave it at that. If you are meant to know more the information will come to you.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-08)
I wouldn't be to worried, they don't come in your house do they? Do they acknowledge you at all? If not this could just be a residual haunting on the land. Try look into the history of the home and the land do you know the previous owners? Libraries and councils could give you an idea perhaps.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-07)
Is your house quite old? Years ago people used to be buried on the property rather than a cemetery.

Jennifer ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: