You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: The Cold Wind

Real Ghost Stories

The Cold Wind

 

This happened in 1991 in a flat me and my ex-husband stayed in with my eldest son who was just over a year old.

I never felt anything strange, in that flat when we moved in until one night something strangled me. I was fighting for my life that night... Or for me it felt that way, in that moment it felt like ages that I struggled to get out of something's power. It felt like something was sitting on me and I couldn't get my breath. I felt a power over me that scared me. I felt so weak against this force. I fought it back and just started to pray. Eventually it left me and I jumped out of bed. I thought it was a bad dream but I realized it was not because I was fully aware of everything that was happening and a cold wind was coming from the window and blowing the curtains high up into the air. I was so confused when I saw the curtains and felt the cold wind. I remembered closing the windows before we went to bed. I jumped for the light, checked the windows and they were all shut. Everything just calmed down all of a sudden. My husband woke up because of me waken him up by putting on the light. He was not aware of anything at all like usual because he is not sensitive to these things at all. A few weeks went by and nothing strange had happened during that time until one day when I was busy cleaning.

The front door was open and I turned around because I felt company. As I looked to the door there was my ex-husband coming in but it was strange because he was dressed in his grey suit. As I checked out this story he just walked halfway to me and then disappeared. I couldn't believe what I just saw. It was so real. I was not frightened by it but rather puzzled. Till today I'm puzzled about this doppelganger. I don't know what the meaning of this might have been. I never saw it again. I don't know if anyone here can tell me, what the purpose is of a doppelganger. I don't know if I can connect the cold wind with the doppelganger.

We stayed there for a view months then moved to another flat. We moved to be near his work not for other reasons.

Other hauntings by Trix

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Trix, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-21)
Hi Darkness, thanks for your comment. It is strange these dobbelgangers. My ex husband was at work at the time I saw this thing. I still wonder about it. My ex husband was strange, there was something weird following him one day that I couldn't believe... But one day I might get the guts to share it with all of you. Trix 😉
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
Hi Trix: Seems like a very frightning night that you experienced. I think something was still attached to the dwelling could have had some troubled history that or the land. The Doppelganger sighting I believe are a lot harder to explain because I have heard of many reasons why you would see one and what they mean.
Firstly, supposedly if you do see one they are meant to harbingers of bad luck and fate if you see your own. Other reasons could be that of a demon taking the form of someone you know this is a more recent approach to what people may think of them these days, but of course we will never know.
And maybe your husband can Bilocate but I wouldn't look to much into that, could even be like an outer body experience perhaps. Sorry for rambling it is just when it come to Doppelgangers there are a lot of differant theories about them.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: