You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: I Will Never Kick A Ghost Again

Real Ghost Stories

I Will Never Kick A Ghost Again

 

This happened in 1990. My ex-husband and I moved from Witbank to Pretoria. He got a new job there as a prison guard at the Pretoria Prison. We were waiting for accommodation supplied by his employer. Meanwhile we stayed at my aunt's house with her while waiting for a flat. She enjoyed it because she stayed alone in her old big house and she welcomed our company. The house is old but I didn't feel anything strange there, except for the room we stayed in. When entering the room it was just this feeling someone is watching you. For me it was nothing big so I just ignored it.

My son was about a year old at that time. One night he was showing his finger against the wall and the ceiling where his bed was, and this child really tried to show me something I didn't see. He was going on with "mamma mamma" and showing with his little finger and his face expression was surprised like he couldn't believe that I couldn't see what he tried to show me. I just knew he saw something strange because I could read his face. That went over and we weren't scared.

One night I woke up with somebody or something sitting on my feet. I thought that the cat came to sleep on my feet. Because of ghost attacks I had, I'm too scared to sleep on my back I sleep on my stomach because I feel saver. I tried to turn around because I wanted to get this cat so I thought of the bed but it was so heavy on both my feet so I tried to kick it of the bed. Kicking it is something I never should have done. I realized it was not the cat when the thing I kicked got so mad it grabbed me by the throat. I realized at that moment I kicked a ghost. I started to pray the Father and after the repeat of that prayer it left me. I jumped up and headed for the light. My son woke up and again showed with his finger in the same direction where he tried to show me something the other day. My ex is not sensitive to these things so he just looked at us puzzled and went back to sleep. It never happened again.

The room we stayed in was in line with a hallway that connected with a bathroom and the sitting room. I was busy brushing my teeth in the bathroom when my eye caught something. I turned my head and looked down the hallway. To my surprise I saw the ghost looking into the hallway just with his head as if he wants to check if it's save to enter from the sitting room into the hallway. This was strange. We meet eye to eye and I got a fright seeing him and he also got a fright when he saw me. It was as if he was shocked by the idea that I saw him. He backed into the sitting room. I never saw him again. He was grey colour. I could make out his face. He also had short grey hair.

I didn't tell my aunt about all of this because I didn't want to upset her. I just thought if they don't disturb her there is no need to scare her.

One day she was going through some old photo albums and she showed me photos from where she was young and I recognized the ghost I saw in one of the photos. I asked her who it was and she told me it was her husband. He died long time ago. I didn't know him I was too small when he died to remember him.

It is just something I can't understand the fact that ghosts seems to hide them from being seen by us and the others couldn't care less. Or is it just me experience it this way. But one thing is curtain I will never ever kick a ghost again in my life.

Other hauntings by Trix

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Trix, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

deejayy53 (3 stories) (35 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-27)
Thats a really scary time, you kicking the ghost! But I kind of think that you seeing your aunts dead husband is nice, it just shows he looking over you guys:)
erin19 (1 stories) (41 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
Wow, that's very scary! But I wonder why he would be watching you if you really never meant hin... I hope it never happens again! ❤
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-19)
Hi Blue-raven80, stemah, and GhostBeliever40, thanks for your comments. I don't know if the room was at first my aunt and uncles. I didn't even ask her. I think because I just assumed it was her husband, and I didn't want to upset her also. He and she were together from the start and he loved her very much. Unfortunately he died before I could meet him. You've got a point stemah about there could have been more than one entity. Who know? Have a nice day. Trix. 😉 ❤
GhostBeliever40 (27 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-18)
Wow, that's so scary!

I hope this never happens again.

Very interesting to read & scary.

I wish you the best,

God bless you.
stemah (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-18)
Hi, when you say it was the husband of your Aunt, was he known by any of the family as their Uncle or did he come in down the line. Was he known as being a violent man? Reason I ask is that I find it hard to comprehend that he would try to strangle one of his own family. Perhaps there are more than 1 entities in the house, 1 of them (who you met) being particularly violent and the reason he was peaking around the corner was checking for other entities rather than living beings. Fascinating story otherwise.
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-17)
Hi there! Well as you've said, it was the husband of your aunt. Was the room used to be their room? It seems to be that he hasn't moved on and cannot leave your aunt.

😕
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-17)
Hi amit1807, I checked out the site you've send me. It's amazing. Yes it is true some people don't see these supernatural things like my ex husband. It's scary to sense these things sometimes because when it happened like in the story of residence room 2 I've send in, I would prefer to be like my ex. I've also went to the grave yard when I was younger Just for the fun of it, but also saw nothing. My sister and I went because she dared me. I was so scared and when we were halfway into the cemetery we heard water running and she started to run back. That night I ran myself out of my shoes. It was two o'clock in the morning. Till today we laugh about it because it was so funny me and her getting a fright of the sound of running water. But I must say entering there I could feel the dead. Actually it's not funny I know we shouldn't make fun of the dead. 😉
amit1807 (4 stories) (15 posts)
-4
14 years ago (2010-10-17)
Never had any encounter with a ghost, but sure would love to kick one of them lol. As a kid, we used to play in the ruins of old tombs in New Delhi's Hauz Khas Village area. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hauz_Khas_Complex

This complex had a number of tombs which housed graves of departed royalty of mediveal era. As kids, we used to take pleasure of jumping on the graves. Never did I encounter anything supernatural. Perhaps I was plain lucky? But then, so were scores of my friends who used to do the same!

Do not mean to offend anyone by above. People who have seen/sensed supernatural must have superior abilities which people like us do not have, so no offence meant.
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-15)
Hi DcinAZ, Watersprite and japmeister. I must say a ghost can be heavier than you think when he sits on you. If I didn't think it was the cat I would have never kicked it. This ghost was bad tempered. After that I make sure if I feel something on the bed before I kick it off. Thanks for your comments. Take care and have a nice day. Trix 😉 ❤
japsmeister (2 stories) (11 posts)
+3
14 years ago (2010-10-14)
Wow! To be able to kick a ghost is something...i've never been able to touch a ghost... But a ghost has been able to sort of strangle me as well. You must have some sort of special ability to be able to kick them. I'm glad to hear though that everyone is ok.

Thanks for sharing your story! 😁
Watersprite (3 stories) (85 posts)
+3
14 years ago (2010-10-14)
I agree, another great story. This one was pretty amusing, although I'm sure it wasn't funny at all when it happened. I'm glad to see you're still sharing your wonderful stories with us.

Best wishes,
Watersprite ❤
DCinAZ (guest)
+3
14 years ago (2010-10-14)
I like all your stories Trix, and this one is just priceless. I'll be sure to remember your advice if I'm ever confronted by a grumpy old ghost. I had to laugh when he stuck his head out in the hallway and then jumped back when he realized you'd caught him peeking. I guess old Grumpy wasn't as tough as he thought he was. 😉
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+4
14 years ago (2010-10-14)
Hi Kapsiot, my grandfather kicked one out of his room also one night and it was fine the ghost went. But let me tell you something makes sure you don't kick the wrong ghost one day. I just kicked the wrong one. When I told my mother about it her word was. "Never mess with that man he was a grumpy old man who didn't like people" Seems to me he kept his personality. Take care Trix.
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-14)
Hi SuperHBK, thanks you're welcome. I can't wait to read your next story. Hope everything is still fine at your flat. Have a lovely day. Trix 😉

This comment from Kapsoit is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

SuperHBK (6 stories) (63 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-10-14)
Trix... As always your stories is one of the best I ever read. And wow did the ghost actually tried to strangle you? "Die Bliksem" but anyway loved your stories, I have posted also a few just waiting for them to post it. Can't wait for your next one...

HBK ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: