You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Missing Things

Real Ghost Stories

Missing Things

 

I haven't written to this site in a while. Recently, I've had a couple small experiences. To start off, I live in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. I am 17 years old, and currently in grade 12.

This past August, I started to go out with someone. It's after this time that a couple things have happened. To start off, I was in the shower one night. I was washing my hair, when I felt a pin in it that I'd forgotten to take out. I simply reached my arm out of the shower, and put it on a close surface. When I was finished my shower, I noticed something odd. The pin had found its way back into the tub, on a flat corner. There is no way it could have fallen, as the hamper I put it one had raised sides. It would have been physically impossible for it to land as it did.

Another incident occurred with a necklace my boyfriend gave me. It's a silver chain with a heart on it, which is removable. I only ever put this necklace on either my nightstand or the coffee table in my room. One morning, I woke up to find the chain on the floor with the heart missing. It's possible that the necklace fell off my nightstand, but I still don't think it would have travelled as much of a distance. I told my dad that night that the heart was missing, and he agreed to help me look for it. We tore apart my room looking for it, pulling off bed sheets and blankets to see if it had somehow gotten into my bed. It was nowhere to be found. A couple days passed, and I noticed the chain on my nightstand, with the heart sitting on top of it. My dad, sister and mom all said they hadn't found it.

The third and most recent physical thing that happened to me was strange, too. During my three and a half months in Italy, I purchased a hairband while I was shopping for a dress appropriate enough to wear in an audience with the Pope. When I got back, I wore it a few times, and a few weeks ago I put it at the top of a drawer in my nightstand. I wanted to wear it about a week and a half ago, so I searched for it. I couldn't find it anywhere. I took out every belonging in both drawers multiple times, sifting through other items as to see whether it was tangled with something. I still could not find it. A few days ago, however, I looked in the drawer I had put it in, and there it was; sitting right on top.

Other than these few experiences, I've had the feeling once in a while that I was not alone, though it does not scare me as it once did.

Thank you for reading, and I would appreciate any help anyone could offer.

-Wolfie

Other hauntings by Wolfie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Wolfie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Wolfie (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-28)
Thanks for the feedback! I've tried searching for house history. My house is only about 65 years old. It used to be an apple orchard. And a ring my boyfriend gave me recently went missing. Just found it last night. Any ideas why activity re-started when I started going out with someone?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2010-10-22)
Wolfie, I agree with DARKNESS. These appear to be small attention getters. Unfortunately, they can sometimes be a nuisance, but they definitely get your attention. "Someone" is trying to let you know they are there, and they've succeeded.

Sometimes it can be a deceased family member or friend. Other times it's someone completely unknown. I had a little girl ghost who did that for years. She wasn't a child of mine. She came with the house. But it was a game she played. She always returned things exactly where they were originally placed.

So, unless you find the tone of the situation change, I wouldn't worry too much about it at all. If you need something that has been "moved," ask for it back. Most times, not all but most, you'll get it back sooner. Explain to your ghost that you need it and why. I'd stay away from the angry and demanding voice. Nice and calm works better. This doesn't appear to be a bad situation so friendly would be a better way to deal with asking for your things back.

Not all ghosts are bad and out to scare you. Some have just been hanging around for along time with no one to notice them. When they find someone who does notice them, they take advantage of that. It's the "Finally, someone knows I'm here" kind of thing.
sharelbroome1 (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-22)
Hi thanks for sharing. I did some research lately on demonic things not jumping to this being that but do some research especially if you keep having things happening. Sometimes it says things will go missing and be returned to where they were originally though. Sometimes you will lose things and never get them back. Yes check to see if anyone else is having experiences they may be and just not saying anything. Like I said not jumping to this being demonic just another possibility to research. I hope things get better for you and God bless you and your family. It does sound like you may be sensitive to these things though.
mRose (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-22)
Me also I have an experienced about missing something. I'll post my story about it so everyone can read it...That's a weird exeprienced like you are alone in your place and you couldn't find your stuffs. And you are the only one who can move it.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-21)
These are typical small but subtle things to get your attention. It seems you are open to sense and perceive these sort of things, who or what is doing this I'm not to sure, perhaps ask your family members wether or not they have experienced anything, also land and house history. Good luck!

Thanks for sharing.

Dan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: