You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Spooky Graduation Trip

Real Ghost Stories

My Spooky Graduation Trip

 

I've always been fascinated with ghosts and the supernatural, so for my high-school graduation gift, my grandmother arranged for the two of us to stay at a supposedly haunted bed-and-breakfast, just outside of Asheville, North Carolina. The B&B was in a beautiful, completely renovated Victorian house that had been owned by a doctor when it was first built. The owners actually showed us some bloodstains on the floor in a small room in the back of the house -they told us this had been the doctor's operating room, and that they'd tried everything to get the stains out but hadn't had any luck. I asked them if they'd had any ghostly experiences recently and they said no.

The next morning my grandma and I went down to breakfast and one of the owners greeted us with "You must have woken them up!" When he came in to start breakfast, he had heard someone come down the stairs and say "Hello!" but when he turned around there was no one there.

Late that night I was lying in my bed almost asleep when I heard someone laughing in the hallway. I didn't think anything of it until I remembered that Grandma and I were the only ones staying downstairs that night, and that there was only one couple staying upstairs -and they'd gone up for the night hours ago. I knew it wasn't the owners because they lived in a little house out back of the inn, and I would have heard them coming in. I almost wet the bed when I realized that nothing human (at least not a living human) was in that hallway. But the more I listened to it, the more I decided it was just friendly, mischievous laughter and not anything evil. Eventually it stopped, and I went to sleep.

The next morning was our last day there. My grandma got up early and took a shower while I was still in bed. She was adjusting the water when she felt someone snap a towel across her back -not hard, but playfully. Of course she thought it was me and came out of the bathroom to yell at me -but I was still asleep!

All in all, it was an interesting experience but not really a frightening one. I think that the spirit (or spirits) there are friendly. I've met a few ghosts before and since, but so far not any malevolent ones -and I hope it stays that way!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

No comments yet, be the first! Please read our guidelines before posting. The author, Dawn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: