You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Mary And The Snake

Real Ghost Stories

Mary And The Snake

 

Let me start by saying that I have never told this story to anyone, except a priest in Confession. I might need your help JimD on this one. This experience happened to me when I was 9.

I was outside playing baseball with my siblings. It was hot and humid, so I decided to rest under our orange tree in our backyard. While I was sitting there, I started to wonder where I was going to go when I die (heaven, purgatory, or hell). I prayed a Hail Mary asking the Blessed Virgin where I was going. As I was sitting there I started to "feel" someone standing next to me (I couldn't see the person). I suddenly heard a female voice say in my right ear "LOOK UP!" I got the SHOCK of my life when I did. There and bold was a SNAKE less than a foot from me! I was scared! Its head was up off the ground and it was hissing its tongue at me. It looked a normal garden snake; however it looked at me like it was seeing "through" me. I stood up quickly and threw some dirt at it and it disappeared into the bushes. I then ran over to the others and asked if they saw what happen. What was weird was that they acted like they hadn't even seen me under the tree.

The priest in Confession told me that Mary was giving me a warning; however, he reminded me that she crushed his (devil) head and in the end, she will win.

I will NOT answer any Blasphemous remarks or comments. I mean IT! For those of you who can't stand religion, Do NOT leave a comment!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Battle_Warrior, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Zoeebowyy (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-12)
Snakes mean good life and they are wise in the uk. They are the watchers of wales. If you see one. It usually means a warning of some sort it depends what the snake it was... I think Mary was protecting you from the snake by warning you because if she was not there it could have gone onto your head. Mary is always there for you no matter what and by the way I am Jewish and studying different religions. Your religion is the most interesting and we both have some similarities in our religions. And just to let you know that I am only 15...
nicilla (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-20)
well,isn't it in the bible, the snake represents Lilith?
Who was married to Adam then cheated with Satan [stupid face]?Then told Eve to eat the fruit? Then God made Lilith into a snake? But I don't think it's something bad though... Just think that where ever you are God is always with you, he knows what you do,"WHATEVER" you do:)...
Rashidah (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-01)
Snakes is also a good symbol too in the middle east. It really has nothing to do with anything demonic.

If it was, then why would God create them?
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2010-11-01)
Sinner with all due respect... You do take any and every opportunity on this site to give your opinions (religious or otherwise), so I think I will take my opportunities here to give you my opinions-take it or leave it.
You were in the garden; it is very possible for a snake to be in a garden. I think that you probably seek a lot of strength from prayers (which is great) so most days on most counts you pray to God or talk to him/her. So if you start relating everything that happens to you with a previous prayer then you will never stop questioning the possibilities. I think sometimes you just see what you see, it would have been a different thing if you were in a church (or a place where it is most unlikely to fin a snake) and prayed and saw a snake. Then I would say that someone was in fact trying to tell you something.
Thanks for the story.
sinner (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-01)
roseinbloom: Thanks for the email. It helped me to better understand my experience.
sinner (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-31)
The reason I have a problem with marriage is because my parents are divorced (too much fighting, yelling, and 911 calls).

Anyway, the voice I heard was female. I don't think it was my guardian angel because he has a male voice.

I am shocked that you too wear the Scapular! I think that's awesome!

I already know the promises associated with the it. To be saved from hell, one must wear it. In order to be delivered from purgatory, one must observe chastity (depending on their state in life, single or married), wear the Scapular, and say the Office of Mary (or say the rosary or fast from meat on Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Fridays).

Do you think it could have be a prediction that I am going to hell or purgatory?

Rebecca
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-31)
Dear sinner, I am sorry about your strange experience with the snake. It seems quite scary, and confusing, to say the least. Let stray from this experience for a moment.
While reading your story, I got the feeling that you are a very spritual person. I went to your site and read your profile, and was a bit surprised on two counts. First that someone, so young, wears the brown scapular, and second, that someone who wears the brown scapular, does not believe in a sacrament, (marriage)
You may be in need of some Catholic instruction, on the fact, of how Jesus, himself, raised this instatution, to the level of a sacrament, when he attented and preformed his first miracle, at the wedding at Cana.
I too, wear the Brown Scapular, and am a member of the, "Confraternity", associated with its' promise of intercession from our Lord through his holy mother.
Sinner, please look this up on the internet as to the duties associated in order to take full advantage of its' privilages.
I am under the impression, that, this is the reason, you wear the scapular, so please, make sure you can fufill its' guidelines, (in order to retain Marys' promise to those who wear it).
For those who do not know of the practice, it's a devout, Catholic, belief, that some, in our relegion, are called upon to follow.
As for your story, the preist, was right, on Mary crushing, the snakes', (the devil) head. The voice you heard, may have been your guardian angel, in a sense, telling you to always, "look up", to heaven, in matters concerning, spiritual issues.
My prayers and Gods' Blessings to you always.
❤ ❤
trueblood68 (2 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2010-10-29)
sinner...you are a religious freak! You sound like the kind of girl who has been locked into her room with a bible... First of all how dare you speak to kbums like that. If he wishes to ride his g/f all night its got nothing to due with you... Mybe daddy use to cuddle you a bit to close when you were younger but don't take out you anger on other memebers on this site...
Rashidah (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-29)
This could be a coincidence. Garden snakes are easy to encounter.

You said that the snake saw through you? If you study snakes you will know that they have a very hypnotic stare. I think that is the feeling you got.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-10-29)
Have you had any other problems since this? In my opinion it was a warning. Whether it came from Mary, an angel, a ghost or what have you. A lot of time things come to us in a symbolic manner to which we will understand. It very well could have just been a snake that could have bitten you and that is why you got the warning. The snake may have not been paranormal but your female guardian told you to get away from it. Maybe all just a coincidance.

I am interested to know if anything else has happened.
sinner (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-29)
For those of who have misunderstood me in the past: I am NOT a religious freak! Heck, I have done some stupid things in the past (hence the name "sinner").

Biblefreeme: You are right, I think the deceased do assisted and protect their loved ones. You should write a story of your brother's experience.

Sylviessweeties: I do think the snake was demonic. PS: There are some things in the Bible that I do NOT agree with (like marriage and the treatment of women).

Rebecca
sinner (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-29)
The snake was not big in size (maybe 4 feet in length), however, something about it looked demonic (the eyes). Remember, this happen when I was 9.

Why would I see a snake after I asked where I was going? Maybe the voice I heard was not even Mary. Do you think it could have been the devil I heard pretending to be Her?

Thanks for reading. -Rebecca
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-10-29)
Avoid snakes, by being careful where you tread, so that you do not loose your life by being bitten by a snake.

The Biblical story of the fall of man tells of how Adam and Eve were deceived into disobeying God by a snake (identified as Satan by both Paul and John in II Corinthians and Revelation, respectively). In the story, the snake convinces Eve to eat fruit from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, which she then convinces Adam to do as well. As a result, God banishes Adam and Eve from the garden and curses the snake. This story has led to the common perception in the West that snakes are evil, crafty, and deceitful.

This indicates for you to keep your faith in the Good Lord, and do not stray from the Good Lords, path so you can be given, the help, you pray to the Good Lord keep you away from the harm of Satan the snake.
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-29)
what you heard was probably a spirit guide a guardian angel to you warning you about the snake or a dead relative my brother was doing some rewiring once he was just about to cut a wire when he heard my fiance who had died six months prvious say its live tom he stopped and sure enough it was the voice saved his live do you see what I mean and its not religion I can't stand its the men that pedal it

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: