You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Grandmother's Last Call

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandmother's Last Call

 

I was working at the hospital in 1996 during dietary work. At the same time my grandmother was really sick and at the same hospital where I worked at. Earlier that day I visited her and she was on some type of breathing machine as well as y unconscious.

Later on that night I got a page that I had to pick up some food carts from the 7th floor East building where my grandmother was stationed. It seemed odd because I had already picked up the carts from that floor an hour earlier so I thought, well I probably missed one so I went back up. When I got to the 7th floor there were no carts to be picked up, so I decided to go see my grandmother again while I was up there. I sat down with her for about 10 minutes. On the way out I kissed her on her forehead and for the first time I saw a smile appear on her face even though she was on a breathing machine and unconscious I could still see a small smirk which made me laugh a little bit, and at the time I thought she was going to be alright and that she would be coming home soon. I was only 14 so I really didn't know how sick she really was.

I ended up going back down stairs and I had a talk with my supervisor and she told me that she didn't page me about the food carts and that she was the only supervisor working at the time and no one else could've paged me. I made it home about 30 minutes later and when I got there I saw my mom hugging my dad and she was crying and I just got that feeling that my grandmother had passed. I was right. This is one experience I'll never forget.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rawdawg941, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SeseAlice (3 stories) (4 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-12)
About how s/he was working in a hospital, I'm guessing it was work experience. My friend Ludwig has the worst grades ever, and he managed to get a work experience job at a hospital.
SoranRoxas12 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-29)
I think this means your grandma loved you very much. She wanted you to be her last memory and the last person to see her so she couldv'e send you the age. ❤
ashleyzk (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-15)
I am 14 and I can't even get a job at an ice-cream store. How could you get one at a HOSPITAL?
Monii96 (1 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-12)
How Are You 14 Years Old Working At A Hospital? Doesen't Make Any Sense To Me.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-02)
It's so hard to lose a loved one. No matter how old or sick they are you are never prepared for it. 😢 You were lucky to have been there to kiss her goodbye and see her smile. Most people don't get that chance.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: