You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Many Strange Things

Real Ghost Stories

Many Strange Things

 

My oldest daughter had an imaginary friend when she was younger; she said her name was Susie. Every time she was playing, Susie would be in the conversation. My husband thought nothing of it and we didn't discourage it. My daughter outgrew Susie, but recently, my youngest has started to talk to someone named Susie. Susie was my grandma's nickname.

Two years ago my grandma died. 10 days later at 3:20am I woke up from an awful dream about my older sister telling me she didn't do it, but she never said what "it" was. I thought nothing of it. At 4am I was still awake when my mom called telling me my sister was dead. Supposedly she overdosed on her husband's painkillers. She kept visiting in my dreams saying she didn't do it. It was ruled an overdose officially this year.

Throughout these past couple years I've seen things in the hall. One night I swore it was my grandma but my husband said I was watching too many scary movies. Next morning my oldest woke up saying she saw grandma. She described the exact thing I saw and my husband agreed it was a bit freaky, but he still doesn't believe. Since then, my daughter and I have both seen things. The dog barks at nothing, and I smell my grandma's perfume... I don't even know what she wore. We hear scraping, and my husband assumes it's something outside. My daughter sees faces in the window of the door, but no one is there. Things we know we put away go missing. We find them in the oddest places eventually.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jdavies, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

sinner (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-02)
Hey, I see that you're from FL. Where exactly? I live in Brandon, FL.
jdavies (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-02)
oh, I did forget to mention, my grandma died on our wedding anniversary... My sister died 10 days later on my oldest daughter's birthday. Thank you for the info on the book
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-02)
The "I didn't do it," may mean "I didn't MEAN to do it," as in an accidental overdose. She may be trying to let you kow that it was not her intent to OD.
Family members tend to look in on their living relatives regularly, espeially if they shared a close bond. It seems as if your grandmother may still be trying to be an active part of the family.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-02)
Oh wow, I have to agree that the dreams of your sister saying she didn't do it is definitely an attention grabber. The spirit of your grandmother might be trying to tell you something.
Kalli_psy90 (1 stories) (55 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-02)
That is really sad to hear jdavies I am so sorry for the loss of both your relitives. It is kind of scary to think that if your sister didn't do it then what happened. She may just need you to believe her so that she can move on and if you do I would try to reasure her in your dreams. I think your grandmother may just be letting you know that she is there and that she is looking out for you. I wouldn't be worried by her unless something bad happens then it may be something else.
I hope this helps and again my deepest condolences, ❤Kalli
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-02)
What I find scary is your sister saying "she didn't do it" What if she really didn't?
sinner (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-02)
Read the book "hungry souls" it will help explain you experiences and what they mean. The book has some very interesting pictures in it (see my profile for an example.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: