You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: They Stared Down At Me

Real Ghost Stories

They Stared Down At Me

 

This experience took place when I was about 8 years old, nearly 11 years ago. Because of a bad dream, I decided to sleep in my mom and dads room. Well later in the night, I woke up for god knows what reason. When I opened my eyes, I saw two figures standing right in front of where I was sleeping.

I'm pretty sure I wasn't sleeping, because I was pretty good at telling when things were dreams. I didn't fall back asleep, nor move, until they were gone. I just was too scared to move. They both looked like old farmers. It was a man and a woman. The man wore overalls, and was bald. The woman had an old dress that was slightly poofed on the bottom, and had her hair up in a bun. They looked about 60 or so...

So they just stood there, staring at me for hour. Eventually they both started to walk towards me, and that's when my heart really started beating. They stopped right at my feet and stared at me again for god knows how long, and then once the sun started to come up they just left, and I fell asleep exhausted.

That was my most visual experience with ghosts ever, and I have never forgotten it. I don't know what they were doing there, but I never saw them again. They didn't even say a single word to me the entire time they were staring, which was probably the creepiest thing of all. I still wonder why they were there too...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, scryed12, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

scryed12 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-08)
Kittykat99:

Thanks for your comment and suggestion, but I will never use an Ouija board. Ever. 80% of my cases with exorcisms have to do with someone messing with an Ouija board, and I know of people who have died from it. But those are stories for another time. Plus like you, I don't really need one to talk to ghosts and spirits, even though it's hard for me to see them.

Vulcan10:

Thanks for the comment again. They pretty much just stood there, and at one point just walked a little bit closer. I think every now and then they looked at each other, but I don't exactly remember since it was so long ago.

Gary11872:

Thanks for your comment. Yeah, I do wonder why every now and then. Hopefully one day I'll find out.

Thanks all for your comments and questions!
gary11872 (1 stories) (60 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-08)
A time bridge-
Sometimes places can have an imprint left from the past.
Like a recording of time that can replay itself.

A cool theory. I have no witness of such things, but perhaps it's an answer.

But you should be thinking about WHY.
WHY WHY WHY?
Why you? Why that night? I bet you'll get answers if you look.

Do you want to know?
Nighthingale23 (60 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-07)
huh, very interesting story AND comments lol, I've also thought of that sometimes... What a strange world we live in. But anyways thank you for sharing your story!.
KittyKat99 (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-05)
That is an interesting story. I think maybe they used to live on your land or in the town and need your help. Of course, I could be wrong, seeing as I'm 11, but I do see ghosts. Try a Oujia board. Only ask their names. DO NOT ask anything else. Then search their names and your town on Google.
Nicole ❤
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-05)
wow! Five hours. Again. WOW! Panick could have set in very much in such a long period. Did they kind of move around, or seem to look at each other maybe in wonder at seeing you? Or did they fidget, you know, the way we would at being in one place for such a long time? Or did they seem to be like a video on a loop doing the same thing over and over until the sun rose?
scryed12 (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-05)
Fascinating comments about time distortion... I've never thought about it like that. Well since we don't really know what ghosts are for sure, anything can really be possible!

And to answer your questions vulcan10:
At that time we had lived there for about a year or so. It wasn't really handed down to us, it actually only had one previous owner who bought it brand new but lost it to bankruptcy after a year or so of living in it. This land also was originally just trees and dirt. I live in a town where the main economy was mining for gold and trade by trains. Thats about all I know. And the sight was for about 5 hours or so, and the only source of light was from the lamp post outside on the street.

Thanks for the comments!
Scryed12
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
To me it seems like they were wondering what you were there. May have been their house once
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
I was thinking the same while reading, as the below postings. Some sort of time distortion... Who really are the ghosts here?
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
Had your family lived there long? And had it been handed down over generations in your family. How old was the house? Do you know if they were previous owners. If the house was newer, do you know what might have stood in the same spot, or the lands history? And one final question, you said they were there until the sun came up, was this sighting for hours? And if so, was there any light source in the room or imediatly outside of the room that lit them up or did they self illuminate?
ParaTam (3 stories) (80 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
scryed12 -
Thanks for sharing your story with us. I have had similar thoughts as Spockie. They might be as shocked and curious to see you in their world - maybe even in their bedroom! - as you were to see them. I guess we won't really know about these things until time travel can be proven.
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
You know, I wonder if some ghost sightings are actually time bridges. Perhaps in some cases what we perceive as ghosts are people from the past who are looking into the future, seeing us and wondering who and what in the heck we are.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: