You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Dark Entity Of My Past

Real Ghost Stories

Dark Entity Of My Past

 

Let me start off this story by saying that my mother's side of the family has always had a bit of a psychic gift, including her and myself. We have both had several encounters of different natures but none will compare to the one we had together.

My mother was married to her then husband for a very long time. We had lived in his house, and for a while, things were ok. It seemed that things went bad after the new millennium though.

As the years went on things got worse, at first it would be just joking around, but then verbal abuse, and even harsh physical abuse. As time went on this continued, this is the only explanation my mother and I have for what we experienced.

In the house around the time of 2005 we had both started getting very weak and very depressed, but being that we both had jobs and worked we thought nothing of it. As the feelings increased we knew something was there but did not know what so we ignored it. I had a bunk bed in my room and one night while I was sleeping on the bottom bunk, the cord to my radio got ripped out of the wall. I stood up to plug it back in, as I was half asleep and thought one of the cats did it. However when I tried it would not fit, I turned my light on and the prongs were bent which would not seem so odd except both prongs were bent inward. I lay back down in bed starting to get scared. I turned on my back and on my top bunk I saw a shadow figure. I could not see its face at this time but I could feel it watching me. I did not sleep that night.

I told my mom about this and she said she had seen the same figure. After getting sick of being depressed all the time, we saged the house, and for a month or two that worked. Then one night while I was laying in bed the same thing happened to my new radio. The cord was ripped out of the wall, this radio however also ran on batteries, so I put the batteries in and said something along the lines of "Can't beat me now can you?" (I realize at this point it's stupid to antagonize anything). I turned my radio on and it gave out a high pitched scream, like a woman in agony. I quickly turned it off and literally jumped to my bed. I knew it was watching me but I did not wish to look up. Eventually curiosity got the best of me and I did, this time I could see it. It had gray sking and long silver hair. A mouth that looked like it had been stitched but the stiches were removed, and even though I knew it was looking at me, it had no eyes that I could see, simply dark holes. I told my mom what it had looked like and she didn't like the sounds of it. Things were a bit repetitive after that, depressed feelings etc.

Then one night while I was in the living room, I looked to the computer room (there was no door) and in my peripheral I see the thing with its boney fingers on the back of my mom's chair. The second I actually looked at it, it looked at me and smiled but did not open its mouth. Then it disappeared and re-appeared on the steps and it walked to my room. I slept in the living room that night and told my mother why the next morning. We saged the house yet again and tried to be more bold and stern. Again it worked for a few months but as I was sitting in the living room one night I started to get the feeling again. I look over to the staircase and it was there, looking at me, with that smile. It was different this time though, now the thing had appeared to be at least 9 feet in height. I saw all of it, other than the face it wore a long dark silver cloak, and it had no feet. Again it walked to my room and again I slept on the couch.

During this entire time things did not get any better with my mother's husband at the time so I believe that is what made the entity stronger.

One day as I was home alone, I woke up and walked downstairs. I felt a harsh push on my back and fell down them. As I stood up I looked to the top and saw the thing standing there. It smiled at me but did not say anything, although I could hear it in my head, and it said "Watch your mommy." At that time I didn't know what it meant since I was home alone. The reason I was home alone was because my mom had knee surgery and had her ACL replaced so she stayed overnight at the hospital and her husband was in a different state.

I returned from school the next day and I find my mom with an ice pack on her knee. This was unusual because she has a very high tolerance with pain. I asked her what happened but she didn't want to tell me at that time. I told her what happened to me on the stairs. She looked at me for a moment and said the same thing happened to her that day, although she caught herself halfway down. I no longer feared this entity, I was angry with it. It had hurt my family and that went too far.

I planned a day home alone and started shouting at it, from the top of my lungs telling it to leave, that it was worthless. I was red in the face and out of breath and the only thing I got in response was a dark laugh.

Writing this now I still get chills about it. We resolved the problem by moving out. Being that it was an abusive situation, not to mention the dark entity, we knew it was best. My mom and I found a new place to live and in time she got a new boyfriend. I however was not convinced it was gone.

I started having dreams at the new house, where I would see similar dark figures but never the same one. Until one night I actually woke up, and walked to the kitchen. I turned the light on and there was a dark figure who had hung itself. However the house was only 2 years old and there had been no deaths. My mom's boyfriend who was very supernatural and very powerful talked with me, and we got rid of the thing. We found out it had attached a piece of itself to me before we left. However once my mother's boyfriend at the time helped me, I haven't had a problem with it since. Sadly he died of a heart tumor, but he is in a better place now.

Other hauntings by xAkumax

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, xAkumax, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

noxas (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-23)
That sounds rather interesting. The entity you saw sounds like a hallowed doll its very nasty not to mention just saging the house would not make something like that go away. To be honest their among some of the weaker ones but can evolve more often then others the more you try to get rid of it the stronger it would get.

Your probly lucky if the fragment that was on you left alone it would have consumed you. Rissum [at] hotmail.com
Jhunnel (2 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2010-11-15)
First think I want to ask to you? Are you a Christian?. If you are... You better pray and be baptize for the remission of your sins... And be faithful...
Because when you are a true Christian bad spirit or evil cannot harm you or your family member...that's is biblical... 😊 😊 😊...
If you have questions ask me... I'm glad to answer it...
xAkumax (3 stories) (36 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-15)
ScrapMetalKitten, There is not doubt in my head that if I were to re-enter the house it would still be there. Let's jsut be thankful I'm never going in that cabin again. The thing was never actually taken care of, just sent away several times. However as long as it's there and not attached to me, I'm happy
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-15)
Wow I have seen shadow people but I have never been full on attacked like that. Scary. It seems like it took forever to get rid of.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-15)
Alright. Perfect then. I thank you for your patience through my questions.
Good luck, and know that there are those who will help, if all the facts are in.
Peace, and Good Life.
xAkumax (3 stories) (36 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-14)
WB I appreciate your efforts, although my mother saw the exact same thing. Theres that and this story I was afraid because of my age and my misunderstanding of the supernatural. I no longer fear this being or others like it, nor am I associated with it anymore.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-14)
Ah, but that is not always the Clinical CAUSE of it "taking full shape". Cause and Effect determines that should you stare at something, LOOK at something long enough, your optical patterns...
If you look at something for a long enough length of time (broken or unbroken) it CAN lend itself physical qualities.
I, myself, used to watch the portraits on my parents wall "talk", though I could hear no words. It was nothing. My BRAIN was trying to make sense of what I was seeing, and...
What I am TRYING to do here is "take the fear OUT of this situation". To help you think logically.
This is your second story, and BOTH of them show that you were fearful. If you can get RID of the fear, perhaps you can get the answers you are truly seeking.
Wado.
xAkumax (3 stories) (36 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-14)
WB that is correct. The beds were in an L shape. I did not check out the room, mainly for the fact that I believe blankets, provide a sense of "security" or all of us. Under those, I felt safe. I appreciate your theory, and that would actually make sense, however as I said in my post. Eventually it was no logner a shadow, but a detailed figure that I was looking at. For that matter, when it still was a shadow, it was not a literal shadow on the wall, but a shadowy figure.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-14)
Hello, again xAkumax.
So, what you are saying (so that all who are reading can understand) is that your "bunks" are not aligned one on top of the other, but in an "L" shape. Thus making it an "in your face" kind of visual OF this Shadow.
He never ONCE moved, or changed position the whole night?
Did you happen to check out everything in the room to see if it could be throwing a shadow of that particular shape?
Thank you.
xAkumax (3 stories) (36 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-13)
WB yes the beds are at right angles, the bottom bunk is verticle and the top bunk is above the foot of the bottom bunk. And the top bunk is horizontal. I laid there all night mainly because I could not sleep, with the constant feeling of the thing watching me. I would turn on my side to ignore it, but the feeling would not go away, so occasionally I would look up, and it would simply be in the same position just staring at me.
Rashidah (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-13)
Oh...but it it still sounds strange though to me.

Anyways I was not there.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2010-11-13)
Rashida: The comment about "Can't beat me now" was made by the author, not the shadow being... 😊
Rashidah (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-13)
"Can't beat me now can you?"

I would like to know why on earth will shadow being say that? 😕

This story just sounds...

Sigh. Best of luck to you dear.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-13)
Oh, xAkumax. Then you need to go somewhere else and seek answers about Incubus/Succubus. That information is SO...

Anyway. So you turned the light back off, saw the shadow, and just lay there all night. Is that the right of it? Are the "beds" of your bunk at right angles of each other?
Do you see what I am getting at?
Puppeteer13 (131 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-13)
Whoops forgive me lol wrong story just ignore that last comment please I misread the title
Puppeteer13 (131 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-13)
I think you meen sucubus's Dear boy Incubus are typicaly the male type of that entity and feed on one of two things desire and or life energy
xAkumax (3 stories) (36 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2010-11-13)
As to those of you commenting about my last story, the story submission and the recovery had a months time in between them. For some reason when I submitted the story asking for help, it took quite a long time before the site had actually published it. As far as this story goes, no I did not have the lights back on because the step father would be angry and more abuse would start. As for previous residents? It was a house that was built by my ex stepfather and his brothers, so no previous residents had lived there. To those of you thinking this is a school project, my school is very narrow minded adn would never allow such "nonesense". I did some research after coming across a person who commented on the incubus case. They had told me that these entities are quite common, they are women who have died of rage, depression, etc. They attach themselves to those who are happy, but generally drain them because they put the blame on said living person, on why they are in the condition they are in. As I stated this was of MY PAST and so obviously before the incidents with my girlfriend. Thank you to those who actually believe me.
DCinAZ (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-13)
Thank you WB, that slipped right past me. I also found your girlfriends miraculous recovery in the last story a little too good to be true, it happening so soon after you submitted the story. All this seems a little too cozy, hmmmm... (school project?) 😕 🤔 🤔
whitebuffalo (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-13)
Really? Was this before or after the story in which you submitted the... Photos in? While reading through it, it became rather hard for me to tell.
When you lay back down and got scared. Had you LEFT the light on after checking out the radio? How dark was the room? Any light entering it?
When you gave your Mom a description of this...Thing. She did not go about with Sage? I find it interesting that she did when it was a mere shadow she would cleanse. When it looked as intense as it DID, you all sat back and started to worry again, until it became this skeletal entity?
I do not know, xAkumax. There is just SOMEthing...
Thanks
DCinAZ (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-12)
Sorry about your moms boyfriend. You and your mom went through a lot and then to lose him, must have been rough. My heart goes out to you and your mom. ❤ ❤
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-10)
so sad to hear about the guy who helped you. Yes, he is in a better placve now and watching over you guys. I think, the figure that you used to see in the previous house could be attached to you or the ex-bf of your mom. Great story. ❤
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-10)
Thank you for sharing your story. I want to start off by saying that my heart goes out to you and your mother for what you had to endure. My first marriage was very violent and abusive and I can honestly tell you that the violence, turbulence, arguing, etc., will spark paranormal activity big time. We had lot's of activity, I would see, feel and smell different things in our home that should not have been there. All of the stress, violence and disfunction will cause these things to get stronger and stronger because it loves things like this and will do whatever it needs to do to tear the family unit apart. Thank God you all were able to get out of the situation as I did. I am in another marriage which is filled with so much love, honor and respect on both of our parts.

I bet it you did some research on that house and property, you would find other things that have happened there. The depression may not have been you and your mother. The two of you may have been picking up on the feelings and emotions of former residents and just thinking it was your own.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-10)
First let me say that I'm sorry you and your mom had to be victims of that man's aubse. That said... It is believed that volatile home situations can bring about negative activity. This entity got a kick out scaring you and your mom and fed off the negativity and fear in the house. I am glad that you both got away from that situation and are safe. Thanks and take care 😊

This comment from ArchAngelAmaris is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

AliceLeftWonderland (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-10)
I feel as though the spirit just happened to come across you and take a 'liking' to you.
It liked your reactions, so it stuck around.
Sometimes they're like bullies. They'll do anything for a reaction, and they feel fulfilled when you give them what they want.
At least it's gone now, and it's not bothering you any more.

Take care:)

- Alice xox
anne_k92 (4 stories) (31 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-11-10)
perhaps the lady is your father's ex lover. I don't meant to be rude but I want to know, does your parents remarried? Like your current father is your step father? Or maybe the lady broke up with your dad and got frustrated and killed herself. The shadow you saw in your new house kitchen, is it a lady? Then she got vengeful of your mother. What happened to your mom's husband? Luckily your mom boyfriend could help you. May he in peace. And god bless you and your mother.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: