You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: The Ouija And Zozo

Real Ghost Stories

The Ouija And Zozo

 

This is another story from my past. A friend of mine named John had a birthday party and invited myself, a friend named Jesse, a friend also named John, and a friend named Derek. We were doing the usual guy stuff, video games, wrestling etc. Eventually his mom had to go out to the mall to buy some things and we were going to rent some movies. While in the video store there was a ouija board on the wall. I said how fun it'd be to joke around with it. The guys agreed and so we bought it and went back to his house. None of us had used a ouija board prior to this so we thought the whole thing was mostly a joke. We waited until midnight and then we took it out of the box. We asked if specific people were there but got no responses. A few times the planchette moved but we found out later it had been Jesse.

We got fed up and simply said, "anyone come talk to us, we're bored." The planchette instantly went to letters and spelled out "Hello." We thought it was Jesse again but he said he swore it wasn't him. We started talking to it and it did not seem evil at first. It was very friendly. Me being the adventurous one said we should take the board to the basement because it'd be "scarier." At the time there were Halloween decorations down there but none of them are important except for one that I will explain soon.

We still had a regular conversation with the spirit or whatever it was. Jesse then asked when he was going to die and the board spelt out "Tonight." He looked at us and said, very funny guys. We were all scared because we didn't move it. We asked it it's name but it kept saying "No" over and over again. Then Jesse said "You little b*tch just tell us your name." The planchette went to "Ha" several times. Then the board spelled out "left." One of the halloween decorations, a plastic brides head that was tied to the ceiling, turned around completely and stared directly at us. Even though it was plastic, it felt like we were actually being stared at through those eyes. We started moving slowly off the bed in the basement when the lights went out. It was at that point that all of us ran upstairs with the board.

We placed the board down and asked why it was doing this. It responded with "because you're bored haha." We told it to leave and it kept saying no. We asked again what it's name was, there was a long pause. Finally after about 3 minutes of waiting I asked again. It spelled out "Zozo", at that point in time the name had no significance to me. The air was heavy all around us and we knew we were being watched. Jesse continued to antagonize it, calling it names and swearing at it. Each time he did the feelings of heaviness in the air got worse and worse. The planchette had also moved to a "6" each time Jesse said something to it. I finally told Jesse to shut up, and he said "What? He's got nothing." After Jesse said that the TV turned on and some horror movie was playing. I assume a horror movie because the second it turned on, it was at max volume and there was a woman screaming.

We brought John's dog in and went upstairs into his room. We told Zozo to leave because we were done talking to him. He refused to go, and the strange feeling had followed us upstairs. We closed the board and opened it again and asked for help. We said that we knew we messed up and that we needed help to get rid of Zozo. We're not sure who or what it was, but something came through the board named "Coza." We asked it to get rid of Zozo and sure enough, a few moments later the feeling was gone. We thanked Coza and closed the board properly. I keep in touch with John and to this day he says that he will still occasionally hear footsteps in his hallway or knocks on his door, but no bad feelings such as those we had with Zozo.

A few years after that happened I can't remember what peaked my interest but I started to research the paranormal, ouija boards of course being on that list. While researching the boards I learned that many people had horrible experiences with the same entity known as "Zozo." Needless to say, my friends and I were very lucky that we got out of that situation so scott free. If you have never heard of Zozo then he is very easy to find on any type of search engine, simply type in the name, and numerous stories come up that involve him. If you have heard of Zozo or had experiences that deal with him, I'd like to know your stories as well.

Other hauntings by xAkumax

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, xAkumax, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-26)
falling_star,

ZOZO is an internet phenom... A 'theory' (in my opinion a questionalble one) a paranormal researcher (Darren Evans) developed because of a 'spirit' or 'entity' he contacted, and that caused him much grief, one that called itself ZOZO... So he did some research and becasue ZOZO sounded like the pronuncation of the 'short version' of an ancient 'evil entity' called Pazuzu... The Phenom was born.

ZOZO is a 'thing' do not make the mistake that I think this is a 'hoax' for I do not... But it is an internet driven sensation... One that 'trickster and malovolent' spirits and entities are using to manipulate individuals who use Oujia Boards IMPROPERLY.

Of course this is my opinion... Based on the FACT I was a Witch and Oujia Board user and until Mr. Evans 'published' his findings I had never heard of nor encountered this 'entity'.

Best thing to do is DO YOUR OWN RESARCH. Ask questions and come to your own conclusions.

Respectfully,

Rook
falling_star (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-26)
zozo's name is very known to the oouija board users.I've heard many time this name and I also read many stories about zozo.i'm not sure that is he good or bad. Maybe he having fun to scare those people who use ouija board. I think when he was alive he disturbed people by his bad deeds. Now he is dead but he is not forget his deeds or work.
lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-24)
again I am late with my comments but I have done a bit of research on the ouija and there is a list of demons since almost the beggining of everything but has also been said that this zozo has only been conjured up since after the internet was invented there is no knowledge of zozo before the internet
JBiebsbaby101 (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-28)
It wasn't my experience but go on youtube and type in Zozo demon Ouija Board and the youtube channel its on is OuijaWarning its pretty creepy
Molcik (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-05)
...who's this zozo... I have read several stories about this entity, he already is very popular case all around the world...it's a little weird and creepy... Like it's starting going something really nasty and strange... Everything was quiet about a while, and just one day...ZOZO-THE OUIJA DEMON... 😕
stormangel (3 stories) (55 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-04)
Thats weird, I was sat here thinking 'Ive heard of that name before' and it was really bugging me, and I have just remembered... About a year ago I was sat in my dads back room and the word Zozo popped into my mind and wouldn't go, I thought 'what a daft sounding word it can't mean anything' then I decided to google it just too see (I would never google a word I thought didn't exist but for some reason, perhaps because it was so strongly etched into my mind, I felt I had to) and was quite surprised at what I read. Quite a powerful entity as I recall and not to nice!
xAkumax (3 stories) (36 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
Pjod, I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that there were guidelines to what a real experience could and could not be.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
I agree with Logan below
A bit much drama, for a real experience...
xAkumax (3 stories) (36 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
Loganz_sis, to tell you the truth no offense is taken. To be perfectly honest the dark entity I spoke of in another of my stories, I had seen on a tv show called "A Haunting" It's a show that uses actors to re-enact actual events. The only issue with this, is that I saw this tv show about 2 months after we had already gotten out of the house that this entity was tormenting us in. The entity on the show looked identical to the one from the house. So no offense is taken, I suppose these sound like movies because, well, demons aren't stupid, they know what scares people, so do directors and producers I guess it's only natural for these to seem like they are coming from movies, thanks for reading though. I always love feedback.

To my knowledge John doesn't have the board anymore, I wasn't the one antagonizing it though that was Jesse. According to Coza the evil entity was gone, but like I said, John still hears creaks and footsteps now and then.

ZorForler, you confuse me, you say you don't know Zozo but then you say that Coza is sworn enemy of Zozo. Your statement does not match up my friend
cloudlion (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-23)
Never use a Ouija bourd! Way too dangerous and the spirits are VERY hard to get rid of! If I was you, you haven't already gotten rid of the bourd, release the spirit and throw it out the back door!
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-23)
Dear xAkumax,

Never play with Ouija. It is dangerous. We should not antagonize the spirits. It would prove dangerous. Please advise your friends also. We also had bad experiences. I will narrate it in the story I am writing now.

But, please don't antagonize or irritate or ask them to do physical activities when you are using Ouija. It would mean you are opening the gateway for them to enter this world through you. So please be careful.
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-22)
Hmmmm...Akuma, I really mean no offence but I just wonder how all your experiences are just like they show in the movies.
The TV switches on to a horror flick, a plastic head turns to stare through the eye holes... Very dramatic:) nice reading them.
Zorforler (1 stories) (55 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-22)
I don't know a Zozo but Coza is a guardian and sworn enemy of Zozo. I do have a story about a spirit that attacked my brother's best friend. Well He and I were using a Ouija Board I of course put a shield around myself but he didn't thinking nothing will happen being a skeptic. Well after a nice chat with a phantom he was attacked and getting scratch marks on his arms. The scratch marks got worse as they started bleeding so I put a shield around him myself. We heard scream and the scratching stopped. But anywho nice story.
xAkumax (3 stories) (36 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-22)
Shinigami thank you for letting me know how to properly close a Quija now. We would attempt to reclose the board but, the thing is he doesn't have it anymore. Good thing is though, that the most actvity in the house now is footsteps and wall noises.

Rashidah, I haven't read the other story but I've read many online, I will check out Darren's story to see his experience with Zozo.
Rashidah (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-22)
I have read a very similar story before about Zozo. It is on the site also.
Did you read that story before 😕
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-22)
Oh, forgot to mention- The other Zozo story is on this site, in the Ouija section, and I believe (if I remember right) it was written by a poster named Darren, in case you were wondering and couldn't find it. 😊
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-22)
I've heard of the "Zozo" entity a few times. Interesting that he pops up again... 😕 If you're interested, there is another story that also deals with this "Zozo" character, but he goes into great detail about this character.

Now, about the Ouija... It doesn't sound like the session was closed properly, so it would probably be smart to do so, and take other procautions...

What you can do- Even if Zozo didn't want to leave the session, you all had the power to end it by saying good bye and moving the planchette to goodbye. What you can do is start a session back up, and do the above action. For an added measure, put sea salt, rock salt, or charged salts on the board, and put it away until after the next full moon. This time span is about a month. Whatever you do, don't burn the board as a whole or the planchette (You need to worry more about the planchette). If an entity has attached itself to the board, planchette, or your house, burning the Ouija could tether the entity to said place, and possibly tick it off.

Also, this site has a wonderful article on doing cleansings. If you need further assistance, I'm sure most of our lovely posters would be happy to help.

Hopefully this experience will lead you do leave those things alone. 😐

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: