You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Living With Amorphous Globs

Real Ghost Stories

Living With Amorphous Globs

 

I am 26 years old and I believe in science and scientific explanations. I am a sceptic, and as far as religion goes, I am definitely an unbeliever. Yet, as much as I value science and scientific explanations, it is hard to find one for some events that have happened to me in my life.

Recently, I awoke from a nightmare and the residual fear kept me still in my bed. As I looked around the room, I saw shapes in the darkness. The best way I can describe them is as globs of extra-dark darkness. They moved around the room, climbing the walls, dispersing into parts, forming a shape that seemed familiar and then suddenly morphing into another. At first they seem to be playful. I find the more I focus on the shapes, the more intense they become. They get darker, larger, and more tangible. Whereas when I first look at them, they are fleeting and moving shadows, after I focus for a while, the shapes become more intense and, quite often, fill me with dread. You'll notice I am speaking now as if this has happened to me more than once, well, it definitely has.

It started when I was about 9 years old. I was extremely upset about something. I believe it was something very silly in retrospect, I think it was that my parents disallowed me from going to camp one year. Anyway, I was quite a temperamental child back then and I became extremely upset. At some point during my tantrum, I remember being alone, sitting on the piano bench in front of the piano in the living room, and as my rage and frustration reached a crescendo; I cursed the name of God. Almost immediately after I did this I looked up and saw this menacing transparent green eye in front of me. It was just floating there but it scared the hell of me. Aside from the eye, I could see a green arm and hand appear in just such a spot as if they belonged to the green arm. It was as if, directly in front of me, there stood a green human, but with only eye and arm visible. Naturally, I was extremely scared and ran to my room.

That night was the first time I saw the globs. For the next 4 months, I could not sleep properly. I would sit in my room, paralysed by the moving globs. I would try to stifle my terror for as long as I could before I had to wake my parents. Several times, on nights when my fear reached fever pitch, the globs became more than just globs of darkness. Once, they moved around amorphously and then on the wall began to spell something. They started to spell my name: TRAVI... And before they could finish, I ran from my room screaming. On several other nights, I saw a huge menacing bat-like figure hover outside my window. On the last visit, it actually entered the room. Finally, in the worst incident, I was sleeping with the door open and a red, clawed, semi-human arm floated slowly into my room and pointed at me. The arm incident is still the most frightened I have been in my entire life.

On most nights, however, it was just the globs that terrorized me. If it seems odd that I can recall these 15 year old incidents so accurately, I must explain that these were among the most intense of my childhood. I don't think I could ever forget them...Anyway, about a month after the incidents began, my parents were concerned and took me to a child psychologist. He didn't really seem to respond to my descriptions of the globs and I think he tried to prescribe me some type of medication, fortunately, my parents didn't think that was the answer. Eventually, I learned to live with them. I remember striking a 'live and let live' bargain (the globs often seemed to respond to my appeals in an affirmative manner) and I simply ignored them. Also, as I got older, more and more distracting media forms (TV, computer) were available in my room and this made it much easier to ignore them. Nevertheless, because of the globs, I have been a bad sleeper for my whole life.

I find they are most intense in the room in my parents' house that I currently inhabit (this is the room where it all started). For a few years, when my ailing grandmother lived with us, I was in my brother's old room and I really didn't have a problem. They were intense in my dorm in my first year of University, but not in my second, third, and fourth year rooms. They were intense in my apartment when I recently lived in East Asia. Aside from these places, I have seen globs in some other houses and hotels over the years. I remember being in a hotel in Indiana where I actually beheld a Dark Figure or Shadow Person, who are so often described in the experiences of others. It was a similar but different experience. For one, the globs usually appear while I am awake and have not slept, whereas I find people's Shadow People stories tend to occur after a bit of sleeping. Also, aside from one or two extremely intense events that I described, the globs generally do not take human shapes. I should also say that these experiences are primarily visual, although sometimes the fear is so bad that I have had ringing my ears.

I guess what I'm looking for is some kind of advice, or for someone else that has experienced something similar to come forward. I feel that these experiences differ from the Dark Figure type of experiences, which I have read about, and I have scoured the internet searching for similar experiences to mine to no avail.

I am slightly concerned that the 'truce' I struck when I was 9 years old may be at an end, and some answers might do me some good.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Daysleeper, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

krissy0707 (1 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-09-19)
This sounds like a lot of people I help with. This is a demon. You need to contact me.
AloveB85 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-16)
(I promise you, this will lead to what you've described.)

My son is 6 years old. When he was a baby, barely 1 he started having what is alled "silent seizures" (His body does not thrash around, its more like the light is on but nobodys home type thing.) anyway, when he would "wake up" from a seizure, he'd be frantic, scared, refused to be alone. On occasions I had to call an ambulance and he woke up in the hospital, oh the tantrum was horrible. As he got older, the seizures got worse, and as he got older he could communicate what he was going through. His second to last "episode" was a little over a year ago, he had just turned 5, after he snapped himself out of the seizure he looked at me with wide scred eyes. He started crying and told me about these blobs that kept hoovering over him, he couldn't catch them, becasue he couldn't move.
I asked him if he's seen these before (being a beliver in the paranormal) he said "sometimes I remeber seeing them before, but sometimes I don't.) He described to me what the "blobs" looked like, and did, and its a lot like what you've been going through.

A month later he had another seizure, remembering what he told me (yes, I took the word of a 5 year old) I spoke to the "blobs" and told them to leave my son alone. And he hasnt had a seizure since.

Whitebuffalo has a lot of good insight.

Has this continued to happen?
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2010-11-15)
It's interesting I ran across this story as my mother has, as of late, been describing a similar phenomenon in her house. She sees these globs, or shadows moving in her home, and like us living people, it seems to have to go around stuff.
The first time it happened to her, she was in a room with a cat, and the cat even interacted with it, sniffing at it, and following it.
As for previous comments to the schizophrenia, that disease primarily afflicts females, and its onset is in the late teens to early twenties. It is hereditary. It is possible for a male to get it if there is a male in the family that has it. It is a gene marker type of disease.
I think White Buffalo has an interesting perspective on this that I am going to investigate myself!
Good luck and keep us posted. I am interested if there is anyway you can expose an animal to these globs and see if they react the way my family's cat did. 😐 😊 ❤
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-14)
I like what whitebuffalo said, and I think it is really good advice in this situation. I have seen many shadow people and amorphous shapes in my life. I just take it with a grain of salt and move on with my life. Don't let it effect your life, you need good sleep patterns to stay healthy!
whitebuffalo (guest)
+7
13 years ago (2010-11-13)
Well. This is my disclaimer. I am about to give you MY opinion. My apologies, it may go against what you believe, as you only state that you are a nonbeliever. But that was in reference to religion, and not Spirituality.
First. Please look up synesthesia. Please do not go with the dictionary description, but look it up on Medical sites.
Http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/syne.html
Basically what that is, is a neurological condition which allows for the host to "see" what they feel in whichever color the object portrays. For instance, if "red" is a calming color, brings happiness, soothes after a rough day, "red" MAY mean a peaceful Being.
To ME, "black" (though in my belief system it means "power" and "male") is a lack of feeling. So things that confuse me look either black or a deep purple. Sometimes they "shift" into other colors, like Mother of Pearl does, but mostly the colors are clear.
The "pet name" for it is "joined perception", and is the literal translation of the word.

My son sees these shadows. He can also communicate with them. From what I gather, they are not "minions" so to say, but more of a support group. He has not only been to the talking doctors, but to an otolaryngologist as well to "prove" the voices are external (as recently as yesterday, by this date). After reading this, he said "that's it, exactly".
You say that they have "respond (ed) to my appeals in an affirmative manner". Why not ask them to remain invisible, or leave all together?
Thank you.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
13 years ago (2010-11-13)
Daysleeper: Do you consider yourself an atheist, or are you agnostic?...Sorry if it seems like too personal a question, but it's important to first understand your beliefs before we can give any kind of advice...

I don't want to "thump my Bible" at someone who doesn't believe, or give you my "new age hoo-doo voo-doo hocus pocus mojo" advice, for obvious reasons as well! 😆 😆 ❤
Nighthingale23 (60 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-13)
This account is extremely strange to me, I haven't heard of something quite like this before... How do you manage to live with it. You say you're a believer in Science, but why haven't you tried to see a another psychologist about this problem? Maybe you'll be able to find one that can actualy help you,"if" this is a mental problem, have you ever thought of that it could be some symptom of schizoprenia? I know that's the last thing you want to hear, and I'm no expert in these things but but first you have to rule out everything, the fact that your sleep patterns arent normal might be even affecting you worst my friend... But then again I find it strage how everything started after that event when you were 9,I know this might go againts your beliefs and I'm not trying to preach but have you ever tried even just a little to Say, I'm sorry for what I've said, and maybe... Maybe wonder after all this that has happened to you, That there is a God, a supreme Being upthere and a world we cannot see, with not only negative beings but also positive ones, willing to protect you? That just maybe everything happens for a reason?.

I honestly, wholeheartly hope you find the help you are looking for and the answers that you seek Daysleeper. I'm sure you'll get plenty of good advise from the wonderful people at YGS who know more than I do.

Take care and May God be with you. ❤
_Suly.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: